• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0C3 Pearl - July 20-22! CHECK 1st ROUND SINGLES POOLS!

what type of crew battles would you want at 0c3? (plz vote only if u r coming)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

T0MMY

Smash Master
However, when it comes to food, you should tip your hats off to my sister. Shes the one whos bringing all the vegens what they want. Lettuce.
Hahaha, Mana, you are too funny......... at the same time, that kind of thinking kind of complicated things last year when Arash got salad for us... how can someone live off salad? Poor guy had to get something else for us because it was also covered in cheese and eggs or something.
But you're right, I thank Arash a lot about his help with everyone's food, I tend to forget that he helped drive my friends around as well. This year I might not organize a carpool, so I hope I don't run into any trouble with transportation or else I'd have to bother Arash for more help. I feel so terrible asking for so much, he's probably insanely busy.
Oh, and Hugs was an incredible person with this as well.
I wish there was some way I could help out, but I'm poor and live far away. However, I did offer to help with any graphic work like on websites or whatever, but I never got a request.

poor bowser? hmph. *folds arms*
Hey! At least Bowser could get a crew! Do you know how many Pichu mains will be there? Just me. You know why? There really aren't any other Pichu mains (and for good reason...). Maybe just give me 20 stock? heh heh.

But, really, I'd love to see a Character Crew match. This could also help with tier list placings as well. Just by random chance, my brother was organizing a Kirby crew.

<3's to Arash for being so nice and bringing us food for OC2 last year, and now since I'm OC3 staff, I think I can help everyone out now :]

As OC3 staff, I can house people who plan on coming to EVO West right here in Sunny San Diego! Who wants some San Diego Love? <3
That's awesome that you're helping as a staff member. Our vegan crew was awesome last year, if Oregon johns out again maybe we can crew again? Also, I'd love to go to EVO West and stay with you, but it'd conflict with a big Oregon Smashfest and it'd probably cost me more than I have to get down there. Otherwise I'd take you up on the offer. But most likely I'll just wait to see you at OC3.

Arash

Smash Lord
lol there should be a vegan crew in the regional crew battles

then they'll probably fight the bowser crew first round:)

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
first off, chester when someone accuses you of profiting money you arent its an insult after all the hard work youve put into the tournament to make it successful. I just speak my mind when it comes to it and it maybe harsh at times. So now im done with it and will be focusing more on this contest and peoples questions.
No matter what, a tournament organizer must keep his cool at all times. He must be respectful even towards the most zealous of flamers. He must respect others even when he's not respected. By doing so, you prevail over the people that lack class in the face of the world. Obviously, we clearly disagree on this point, and that's the way it is.

Anyhow, I might enter this banner contest. Be sure it'll include In&Out and/or chicken (cuz you know a black man loves his chicken).

forward

Smash Champion
Yo, I agree with Chestor, why should people show up to a tournament to just to feel harassed by the tournament host? Would you go to biweeklies in your own city if the host spoke harshly to you about the rules, entrance fee, and prize money?

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
I couldn't find any information on this or anywhere that said "PM X person for questions"...so I'll just ask here.

Does the tournament have any form of Age Limit to enter?

po pimpus

Smash Ace
A character crew sounds too dope to pass up. I wonder if Ultra Luigi, Ka-Master, ROFL, and some other Luigi mains are interested. Maybe we could even get Drephen to bust out his Weege one more time... An all Luigi crew... In the Pink Pimp Suit... TOO GOOD.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Plank: I have your back.

Mike: You're about to watch some crazy ****.

Alpha: When you come across this, you're probably gonna call me a ******* for stepping out of our region, but this is where it has to be done. Plus I'm pissed.

Anyways...

Hello. My name (obviously) is Gerbil. I'm from the Atlantic South Region, and I live in Georgia. I havn't kept up with this thread very often, until it was brought apon me just tonight by my good friend Mike. It seems Plank needs some backing up, and I'm here to do that with my own viewpoints.

First. By no means whatsoever. Should the hosts, be *******s. At all. You. are providing the service to the community. It was your voluntary choice to decide to run such a large event. This gives you no right to be an ******* to community. So take a chill pill, and cool the **** off.

Second. It is not our problem as a whole, that you decided to invite the Japanese. Who really gives a ****? So there are hard core smashers who'd love to meet them. Great! So you guys invited them over and kindly paid their air fare. Awesome! But that was YOUR choice. NOT ours. We ARE greatful. BUT THAT GIVES YOU KNOW RIGHT TO CHARGE ME ****ING 20$ EVERY TIME I WANT A FRIENDLY WITH ONE OF THEM! That's trying to milk my wallet for all it's worth. Not that I'm going to OC3 or anything, but IF I was, I'm coming from ****ing Coumbus, GA!!!! ****ING 3,000 MILES AWAY!!! I SPENT ENOUGH MONEY TO COME OVER!

Third. Because I made that 3,000 mile trip, I will have want to bring my camera, seeing as how it may be just a once in a lifetime thing. I should not be charged to use my own **** camera in a public place. I am here to record me and my friends having a **** good time in LA. I should by no means have to pay a stupid *** fee to use the camera that I paid my own money with just for this 3,000 mile trip. You must be trippin on acid.

Fourth. I decided to bring my VCR and some tapes to get some matches for myself, and to get the commuinity to help critique me. I have my own editing materials at home, so it's no fuss. Oh wait I can't due to another fee????? Same issue with the camera. **** that.

Fifth. My friend came with me. He sucks at Smash, so only wants to watch. Oh wait, he has to pay a god **** 50$ fee to ****ing watch!?!?! He didn't even bring his own **** camera, and you're making him pay 50$ to watch???? He's staying with relatives, he doesn't need your housing or food, but to watch??? >.>

Sixth. Oh man my other friend just said he's coming to. But wait, he doesn't have access to a CPU, and this was short notice so he's already on the way? 100$ fee now??? >.< Be serious, that's ****ed up too.

Seventh. Sorry Mr. Local, this is a ****ing expensive tournament even though you live 10 blocks away, you still have to pay 100$. Only watching? It's still 60$, even though, you know, you live 10 blocks away.

Eigth. Turns out the tourny sucked, because the hosts were *****. Who cares who they actually are, I'm more concerned with how I'm treated. Looks like I won't be returning for the next one. Jaa mata!

To conclude this. It's nice you guys tried a fundraiser. But it is NOT the rest of our responsibilities. WE should not be punished for YOUR actions.

For those of you who completely agree with me, once again I'm from GA in the Atlantic South. Be sure to check out my sig in the future for the next G4S tourny, as the series is quite large. Join me and the rest of us, where tournaments are done RIGHT with GOOD FOOD and GOOD PRICES and FREE RECORDING!!!

OH AND BTW, I AM A NICE GUY IN PERSON AND SO ARE THE REST OF GA'S TOURNY HOSTS!!!

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
I want to personally say that I don't find this tournament shady at all. I know what it takes to run a large tournament, and $15,000 (200 people at $75) isn't enough to do everything we want to do in the Midwest. They're running an event in California, which has a MUCH higher cost of living, and they're doing what they have to do to recoup losses. A host should never need to pay for tournament expenses out of his own pocket.

People should stop posting negative things in this thread. If you don't agree with how they're doing things, then don't post and don't go. I heard nothing but good things about OC2, and I don't doubt that OC3 will be as high of quality.

Props to Ken for getting Bombsoldier confirmed. I'm looking forward to hearing the results.
Plank: I have your back.

Mike: You're about to watch some crazy ****.

Alpha: When you come across this, you're probably gonna call me a ******* for stepping out of our region, but this is where it has to be done. Plus I'm pissed.

Anyways...

Hello. My name (obviously) is Gerbil. I'm from the Atlantic South Region, and I live in Georgia. I havn't kept up with this thread very often, until it was brought apon me just tonight by my good friend Mike. It seems Plank needs some backing up, and I'm here to do that with my own viewpoints.

First. By no means whatsoever. Should the hosts, be *******s. At all. You. are providing the service to the community. It was your voluntary choice to decide to run such a large event. This gives you no right to be an ******* to community. So take a chill pill, and cool the **** off.

Second. It is not our problem as a whole, that you decided to invite the Japanese. Who really gives a ****? So there are hard core smashers who'd love to meet them. Great! So you guys invited them over and kindly paid their air fare. Awesome! But that was YOUR choice. NOT ours. We ARE greatful. BUT THAT GIVES YOU KNOW RIGHT TO CHARGE ME ****ING 20$ EVERY TIME I WANT A FRIENDLY WITH ONE OF THEM! That's trying to milk my wallet for all it's worth. Not that I'm going to OC3 or anything, but IF I was, I'm coming from ****ing Coumbus, GA!!!! ****ING 3,000 MILES AWAY!!! I SPENT ENOUGH MONEY TO COME OVER!

Third. Because I made that 3,000 mile trip, I will have want to bring my camera, seeing as how it may be just a once in a lifetime thing. I should not be charged to use my own **** camera in a public place. I am here to record me and my friends having a **** good time in LA. I should by no means have to pay a stupid *** fee to use the camera that I paid my own money with just for this 3,000 mile trip. You must be trippin on acid.

Fourth. I decided to bring my VCR and some tapes to get some matches for myself, and to get the commuinity to help critique me. I have my own editing materials at home, so it's no fuss. Oh wait I can't due to another fee????? Same issue with the camera. **** that.

Fifth. My friend came with me. He sucks at Smash, so only wants to watch. Oh wait, he has to pay a god **** 50$ fee to ****ing watch!?!?! He didn't even bring his own **** camera, and you're making him pay 50$ to watch???? He's staying with relatives, he doesn't need your housing or food, but to watch??? >.>

Sixth. Oh man my other friend just said he's coming to. But wait, he doesn't have access to a CPU, and this was short notice so he's already on the way? 100$ fee now??? >.< Be serious, that's ****ed up too.

Seventh. Sorry Mr. Local, this is a ****ing expensive tournament even though you live 10 blocks away, you still have to pay 100$. Only watching? It's still 60$, even though, you know, you live 10 blocks away.

Eigth. Turns out the tourny sucked, because the hosts were *****. Who cares who they actually are, I'm more concerned with how I'm treated. Looks like I won't be returning for the next one. Jaa matta!

To conclude this. It's nice you guys tried a fundraiser. But it is NOT the rest of our responsibilities. WE should not be punished for YOUR actions.

For those of you who completely agree with me, once again I'm from GA in the Atlantic South. Be sure to check out my sig in the future for the next G4S tourny, as the series is quite large. Join me and the rest of us, where tournaments are done RIGHT with GOOD FOOD and GOOD PRICES and FREE RECORDING!!!

OH AND BTW, I AM A NICE GUY IN PERSON AND SO ARE THE REST OF GA'S TOURNY HOSTS!!!
It's simple, there is no point in posting in my thread if that is how you feel. If you don't like the rules, then simply don't come(in this case you aren't), we aren't forcing you. Moreover, many would agree that the hosts shouldnt lose any money when hosting a tournament because they already put so much time, effort and who knows what organizing the things for the community.

Furthermore, mana says some harsh things sometimes and completely agree that he has no right to be rude towards anyone. However you must understand that if you're working your *** off to make such a huge and successful tournament, while managing school/work and everything else and has to keep on responding to people Randomly accusing you of something you aren't doing then of course you might get a little mad, when in actuality you are just trying to throw something really special for smashers.

2ndly : we have fundrasiers and asked different regions to help. However, we feel that who ever is willing to help should have a chance to play the japanese players. Moreover as explained from Thomas sexy, The line would shoot out the door to play bombsoldier, plus I'm pretty sure bombsoldier wouldnt want to play "EVERYONE" since I know him best. $3000 miles? that's nothing. Bombsoldier came all the way from Japan, atleast give him some money to atleast let him have a meal and have a good time in the states. If you're going to go to 0c3, don't plan on just bringing $75 and pay for your plane ticket and call it a day. No, consider this as a vacation, you're going to have to bring extra money to have a good time, not saying you can't with out a lot of money.

3rdly: Camera's/Camcorders are allowed, Just not in the venue. Who said you're on Public property? Record all you want outside the venue. We are going to have 0c3 dvd's just like 0c2 dvd's so everyone will have a chance to purchase them. Go to LA, for all I care, record what you normally record. Moreover, the warehouse owner is extremely strict about having camecorders in the venue. In order to actually rent the place I had to go through lots of signing of this and that and Camcorders happened to be one of them. his warehouse, his rules nothing I can do, It seemed to be a liability issue of some of the private things in the warehouse.

4th: It is our responsibitlity to record matches. You are the players, thus follow the rules. You want people to critique yourself, simply put up matches online with you and your friends playing. Simple and plain as that.

5th: There's a spectators fee of $50. I'd much rather let the smashers have more room to walk and to breath rather then people get lost and no leg room. If there is no spectators fee, there will be a total of 500+ people in the venue just to watch. I'm sorry but I don't even think the venue holds that many people. Moreover would you like to sit in a place with 500+ smelly people? no thanks. I'd rather have better air.

6th: there is plenty of time to plan for the event. If you decide to come last minute then it's your problem. We've posted plenty of times " if you think you're coming or have an Idea" please register. I don't even know why you brought this up. Furthermore, Due to last year's registration list where there were so many Fakes, We can track IP addresses and Pin point whoever's toying with us this time around. :)

7th: read above post

8th: 0c1 and 0c2 were huge successes. I'm pretty sure 0c3 would be even a bigger success

in conclusion: yes, mana was just a bit rude and he has no right to be but hopefully people understands that running a tournament like this is extremely stressful. We aren't punishing anyone, we are just eliminating the odds. Less people will play bombsoldier, Bombsoldier won't get tired and bombsoldier will have some money to enjoy for himself. You are acting like bombsoldier's a machine and can L-cancel and do bombsoldier combo's for 72 hours straight. Dream on.. I'm pretty sure he get's tired of smash just like me.

yes for people who agree with you, do whatever the heck you want. I don't care. Yes please move to California and host a big tournament like this one with 200+ people, charge them $20 entree fee and hey, give them Good FOOD, let them do whatever they want and see how much of a debt you're in. might as well pay for their nice fancy hotels while you're at it.

Like I said, if anyone has problems, PM Me, Arash or Manacloud. This thread is mainly for people to know whats going on at the tournament.

Also this is a Warning to anyone who wants to post negative comments about the tournament. If you do, prepare to get warned, I'm really sick of repeating myself.

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
A character crew sounds too dope to pass up. I wonder if Ultra Luigi, Ka-Master, ROFL, and some other Luigi mains are interested. Maybe we could even get Drephen to bust out his Weege one more time... An all Luigi crew... In the Pink Pimp Suit... TOO GOOD.
According to Gimpy, Ka isn’t going to OC3 but he’s going to FC. It would have been a great idea, but I get dibs on the green color. I hate using all the other colors, especially pink (sorry Po), it just isn’t pimp to me.

I also can’t wait to check out Drephen’s Luigi, I’ve heard some good things but I’ve only seen one match against Darkrain I think.

A Luigi crew would be too good. I would shave my stache off just to see something like that. :cool:

I plan on going to this but I'm not registering until I'm sure. But uh, what if we're not planning on doing doubles or crews? what do we do on those two days lol. if i need to i can try and find someone to do doubles with but i dunno about crews.

edit/ if this has already been answered, sorry for asking again. i don't want to read 30 pages or use the crappy search thing
You’re paying 75$ for the whole package, you might as well take advantage of everything. Most likely other people will be looking for a partner and plenty of people will be forming crews there. It would be a waste just to enter singles and not the rest imo. Even if you get smoked by everyone it doesn’t matter as long as you’re having fun.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
Well, I give full support. I'm gonna be there, I don't think anyone should be complaining. I mean, you can tell they've gone out of there way to give there most comforting tournament, I mean food on spot, housing and the whole shibang. Dates shouldn't bother you, and its more then a month in advance. But I could be wrong...

Gojira

Smash Lord
According to Gimpy, Ka isn’t going to OC3 but he’s going to FC. It would have been a great idea, but I get dibs on the green color. I hate using all the other colors, especially pink (sorry Po), it just isn’t pimp to me.

I also can’t wait to check out Drephen’s Luigi, I’ve heard some good things but I’ve only seen one match against Darkrain I think.

A Luigi crew would be too good. I would shave my stache off just to see something like that. :cool:

You’re paying 75$ for the whole package, you might as well take advantage of everything. Most likely other people will be looking for a partner and plenty of people will be forming crews there. It would be a waste just to enter singles and not the rest imo. Even if you get smoked by everyone it doesn’t matter as long as you’re having fun.

HAHA alll luigi vs ALL bowser

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Sorry for posting the same thing twice...but this is important information I will be needing:

I know it sounds like a stupid question, but it would really help me and I'm sure quite a few others out if this could be answered.

Sorry if I'm wasting your time...

Fuzzylittlbunny

Smash Journeyman
Bombsoldier and his brother coming makes this even better. That means that my donation for them this time will bring me some fun as well as the opportunity to have some nice recorded matches where I get 4 stocked by Bombsoldier...

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
Sorry for posting the same thing twice...but this is important information I will be needing:

I know it sounds like a stupid question, but it would really help me and I'm sure quite a few others out if this could be answered.

Sorry if I'm wasting your time...
sorry to not have answered 1st time. Any age is fine, just be sure to have your parents be there the 1st day to sign a liability consent form and everything will be Ok.

Bombsoldier and his brother coming makes this even better. That means that my donation for them this time will bring me some fun as well as the opportunity to have some nice recorded matches where I get 4 stocked by Bombsoldier...

omg aren't you that one hawaiian that wanted to go to 0c2 but your parent was super strict? you're coming this time around? Amazing.

ThomaSexy

Smash Ace
Hey, if I can't show up the first day because of work, can I still pay the $75.00 on Saturday morning and still enter, or will it be too booked by then?

CloroxBleach

Smash Cadet
sorry to not have answered 1st time. Any age is fine, just be sure to have your parents be there the 1st day to sign a liability consent form and everything will be Ok.

omg aren't you that one hawaiian that wanted to go to 0c2 but your parent was super strict? you're coming this time around? Amazing.
is the consent form manditory and can we have info on it?

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
I want to MM teh Gimpyfish :O

$5 Boozer vs Jiggs :p

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
Okay Gimpy, I'll MM you(Even though I'll most likely lose). $5

Roy or Young Link VS. Bowser. Will that work?

nublet06

Smash Lord
what the heck....ill accept the next 4 money matches offered for 5 $

i have a 25 dollar limit online. the rest of my matches will be decided at the event.

assuming gimpy says yes.

gimpy 5$
???
???
???
???

who wants to fight a luigi!?!?!?

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
is the consent form manditory and can we have info on it?
Everyone will have to sign a mandatory liability consent form. You will do this when you pay and sign up at the door.

Basically it'll state that you have agreed to joining the tournament, if you lose something it's not our fault, if anything happens to you it's not our fault etc. I will post a full detail of it soon. People can either print it out and bring it or sign one, while signing up at the front door on friday.

man everyone wants a piece of gimpy's bowser, it must taste good or something.

Repryx

Smash Champion
If I was one Year older I could go....East Coast to West coast and baq is a heck of a distance....Mom says No BUT ITS BOMBSOLDIER WAHHH Ken If You Play him again do your Do Kay? Im pulling for you all (But ecspecially Bombsoldier Because Im self taught offa watching him AND If I'd Never saw his matches I'd Never attempt to be better in smash!)

Here's to you seeing me in future Tournaments

Ken much respect!

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Gojira - dittos, sheik 5, 5
Zodiak-Lucien - 5
Nublet - Luigi 5
JTB - Jiggs 5
FrozenRoy - Roy, YLink 5
RagingAsian - Falco 10

thats the mm list i've got so far, keep em comin please.

ResidentWaffle

Smash Lord
Everyone will have to sign a mandatory liability consent form. You will do this when you pay and sign up at the door.

Basically it'll state that you have agreed to joining the tournament, if you lose something it's not our fault, if anything happens to you it's not our fault etc. I will post a full detail of it soon. People can either print it out and bring it or sign one, while signing up at the front door on friday.

man everyone wants a piece of gimpy's bowser, it must taste good or something.
If our parents cant make it because someone else is taking us, is it possible you could put an online version of the consent form so that I could just bring it to the venue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom