• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0C3 Pearl - July 20-22! CHECK 1st ROUND SINGLES POOLS!

what type of crew battles would you want at 0c3? (plz vote only if u r coming)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
Make Bombsoldier take the BOWSER CHALLENGE
LOL stop posting with ur WII.

Furthermore, anyone with the issue on recording/Camcorders should PM either me mana or ARash with questions.

if not, be prepared to get warned if you continue to do so.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
so like, what if you plan to go to OC3, but not to participate but watch your friends? I'm nowhere near good enough to compete in the tourney, but I do want to see some awesome matches. would there be a way to have a seperate cost for housing food and all that but not to compete? I also want the DVD and such, but I also want to see some matches in person.
We've already said there's a spectator's fee of $50. this includes food, housing and of course for you to be in the venue and spectate. :)

manacloud1

Smash Champion
yeah

so like, what if you plan to go to OC3, but not to participate but watch your friends? I'm nowhere near good enough to compete in the tourney, but I do want to see some awesome matches. would there be a way to have a seperate cost for housing food and all that but not to compete? I also want the DVD and such, but I also want to see some matches in person.
i forgot to mention before the spectators fee was around 45, but now we are making it 50 bucks for the full package for the spectators.

spectators will get food for 3 days and housing for 3 days. They however cannot play friendlies or occupy any of the stations, hence spectating.

Hope that answers your question in depth.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
haha thats cool, I don't mind strictly watching. Its not like I would have a chance even in friendlies XD. But yeah, thats cool, I'm totally gonna be there then.

and yeah, BS should take the bowser challenge

edit: do you have to pay for spec. tickets in advance?

Vat"O"

Smash Journeyman
thx for explaining that for me Mana. I believe 75 $ is a great price, no doubt about that. Anyone who complained about the entry is foolish, its a good deal. I suppose cams are strictly prohibited. I'll play Bombsoldier for 20$ without a doubt, even though I rather just have regular friendlies with the guy. With that said, I hope this tourney runs smoothly and doesn't end up ending early for any reason.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
spectators will get food for 3 days and housing for 3 days. They however cannot play friendlies or occupy any of the stations, hence spectating.

Hope that answers your question in depth.
That SUCKS!! But it's completely understandable. Might as well pay the extra $25 for everything even if the player sucks in my opinion.

Sizzle

I paint controllers
Mana, I know everyone gives you crap but I wanna say you're handling this the best way possible in a business like manner. It's because of rules being broken in the past that you have to be strict. Props to running such a great event and getting the Japanese here.

Doraki

Smash Lord
try 4-digit ticket prices.

btw you should update the flight registration page because this'll be july 2007, not august 2006.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
nice, Doraki is coming! Don't worry, this time I'll play some friendlies with you, im pretty sure there will be plenty of time.

I'm pretty sure 0c3 will be a blast since everyone is allowed to stay at the venue. Last time everyone was segregated and that was a huge problem.

furtheremore, I'm teaming with Bombsoldier for 0c3 :chuckle:

and I will probably go all fox for 0c3, that is if I want to compete.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
No one cares about your Fox, bust out Captain Falcon. Or Doc.
I wanna play you too, I spent like 8 hours at your place, and all I did was "not pet your dog". =/

edit: THE PEELS HEEL!

Gojira

Smash Lord
Make Bombsoldier take the BOWSER CHALLENGE
IM ONE OF TEH BOWSERS!

wait.....if Gimpy goes, and you manage to go CAOTIC. that means. . . . .we only need two more the teh bowser crew. WHO IS GOING TO JOIN

also, im goign to try ym hard to make some donations, despite the short amount of funds i have. Hell, ill use some of my graduation money if i have to.....im going to try.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
so i changed my mind, I'm gonna compete instead of spectate, but I wanna be part of the Bowser challenge as a bowser, haha

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
you know what'll be funny?

Every main should get together and be a crew of all thier mains.

that'll be halarious... a crew of nothing but falcons, marths, foxes, falco's

I dunno PC and bombsoldier in a crew of falco's , along with DA DAVE. X_X

poor bowser is all i can say...

OH yea... I HEARD thee "VIDJOgamer, Ohio V-games champion" will be at 0c3... but it's just a Rumor

Gojira

Smash Lord

OH yea... I HEARD thee "VIDJOgamer, Ohio V-games champion" will be at 0c3... but it's just a Rumor
After coming close to beating HugS's ganon along time ago....I think i can take yours :p

Bowser vs Gannon MM :p

Gojira

Smash Lord
get off of it.

you are shady as hell.

you are the type to lie about bombsoldier being there so that his groupies will donate money and ****.

you sell modded controllers with the sales pitch of "KDJ AND M2K USE THEM SO YOU'LL BE AS GOOD AS THEM" to take advantage of people. Stop lying to yourself.
Seriously.....wow

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
get off of it.

you are shady as hell.

you are the type to lie about bombsoldier being there so that his groupies will donate money and ****.

you sell modded controllers with the sales pitch of "KDJ AND M2K USE THEM SO YOU'LL BE AS GOOD AS THEM" to take advantage of people. Stop lying to yourself.
Man, save the flaming for after the tournament so people can find information easier >__>

I'm hoping to attend, but it all depends on work and such. I want to play BS :)

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer

poor bowser? hmph. *folds arms*

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
Mana is lucky his brother is a mod to save his *** when people call him out.

Mana is a huge prick, and this tourney is shady as hell. How come when someone asked for documented proof and receipts, you got so defensive?

Go ahead, edit my posts some more.

Whatever, tournaments are supposed to be for the community not for the tournament hosts pockets.

Hope everyone has fun donating to the "Put ManaCloud through college foundation".

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol

Mana is lucky his brother is a mod to save his *** when people call him out.

Mana is a huge prick, and this tourney is shady as hell. How come when someone asked for documented proof and receipts, you got so defensive?

Go ahead, edit my posts some more.

Whatever, tournaments are supposed to be for the community not for the tournament hosts pockets.

Hope everyone has fun donating to the "Put ManaCloud through college foundation".
Luckily ken happens to be a mod and the host running oc3. A double wammy.
why dont you go ask the kishes for receipts. There is nothing to prove to you, someone whos not even attending oc3.If tournament host always wrote down documented proof to show everyone that would be a waste of time. Nobody in their right minds does it. Not since Tg4 till mlg today. You go on here to start crap and I dont even know who you are. Keep hiding behind that computer. If you're not donating and you are not going why bother talking? If your intelligent to know that tickets from japan to america is expensive then you would shut up. Plus I am already in college, idiot, Im paying my way through myself. You want proof go to UCI and ask for some. I dont need smash winnings to make a living.

Plus youve been warned. This is the second warning. Keep it up your looking really good.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I shouldn't be posting in here, I have no business nor am i saying anything worth mentioning. I should really stop now before I get permantly banned.

AXE 09

Smash Master
dang, this tournament sounds so awesome... KEN AND BOMBSOLDIER?? that's awesome!!!! i've always wanted to see them play in person. too bad i probably won't be able to go ='( the problem is money and transportation :(

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Whatever dude, I know the things that went down with you and M2K, and you're just a shady person, especially when it comes to money. Having you in control of that much money just doesn't seem like a responsible thing from anyone.

The reason i'm NOT going is because I don't feel like plumping your pockets. I'll be at the WC MLG event when it comes around. It's annoying reading every single one of your posts and seeing that they all lead back to money in one way or another. It's obviously what drives you.

But whatever, it doesn't matter to me. 200 people can signup paying $75 each for a total of $15k, on top of Tshirts, dvd's, and donations to compete for a $1k top prize.
Dude, that's totally uncalled for.

I can't wait to see Bombsoldier vs Ken. The epic battle. I hope they play against eachother. That'll be dvd goodness.

Gojira

Smash Lord
Whatever dude, I know the things that went down with you and M2K, and you're just a shady person, especially when it comes to money. Having you in control of that much money just doesn't seem like a responsible thing from anyone.

The reason i'm NOT going is because I don't feel like plumping your pockets. I'll be at the WC MLG event when it comes around. It's annoying reading every single one of your posts and seeing that they all lead back to money in one way or another. It's obviously what drives you.

But whatever, it doesn't matter to me. 200 people can signup paying $75 each for a total of $15k, on top of Tshirts, dvd's, and donations to compete for a $1k top prize.
ROTFLMFAO.......you are really stupid..........like seriously.......

nublet06

Smash Lord
Plairnkk, you dont even want to go. so stfu. because if you didnt want to go....then you wouldnt care right? oh wait....

so i have decided im gonna go to this shizz. bring 100 bucks. drop 75 on the fees, and hopefully work my way back up to even. or maybe break even and i can donate to the japanese and play a few matches.

massive slumber party with smashers? see what the deal is with that bombsoldier dude? see that sexy red Marth for possiblt the last time? i guess i just cant pass it up. leave melee with the first of a few big bangs.

1,111 post.....that means im getting 1st ^.^

Arash

Smash Lord
the prize is substantially more than $1,000, and that's just for singles... doubles will be similar (albeit split between 2 people) and crews will have a prize too, not to mention the trophies, and of course, pride, glory, fame, and bragging rights

in lighter news, there seem to be 4 people flying in, 2 of which are on the same flight. it's a good year to be me since i won't have to drive to LAX that often:)

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
That is really lame that wobbling is banned for this tournament. You get TWO whole chances to escape it. Not cheap at all. You shoul see some of the stuff they allow in other fighting games lol.
Those are other fighting games.

Smash isnt the same as other fighting games :)

$ick

Smash Lord
Ryan, my plans changed and I have the dates open. If you are gonna go, drive me down there yeah? I'll meet you at your house like last time. :)

Edit: Will there be like showers or something? 3 days with 200 people, all of which are gamers, might just get to be too much to bear..

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
Ryan, my plans changed and I have the dates open. If you are gonna go, drive me down there yeah? I'll meet you at your house like last time. :)

Edit: Will there be like showers or something? 3 days with 200 people, all of which are gamers, might just get to be too much to bear..
200 gamers! they don't need showers. Most smashers, from what i've experience never do anyways.

at 0c2 m2king wanted to go 2 weeks without a shower and play nonstop smash. Look how good m2king is now O_o

lol j/k

we will try to set up showering of some sort. perhaps rent a motel/hotel for it.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
I need warnings before i'm permabanned anyway. Ive had probably 50+ smashers from around the world PM me/hub msg me/AIM me etc agreeing with me, just nobody really has the balls to talk trash to OMG KENS brother

kiwiii

Smash Lord
I need warnings before i'm permabanned anyway. Ive had probably 50+ smashers from around the world PM me/hub msg me/AIM me etc agreeing with me, just nobody really has the balls to talk trash to OMG KENS brother
ROFL
**** jon

what did i miss?

:laugh:

Rickety

Peace and Love
Make sure the non-vegetarians don't get to all the vegetarian food this time :^O
I nearly cried last year.
True story.
while we're unsure of what the prize money will be, it'll definitely be more than last year, which was $1200 for first, then 600 and 300 and etc etc

though i'm sure the more people donate, the bigger the prize pot can get:)

as far as vegetarian (and vegan) food goes, we'll make sure you all get fed well
HUGS ARASH (I missed my chance last year)
Me, my brother, Rickity, and many other vegetarians tip our hats to you, Arash.
people should thank arash for the rides. he does that the most and hes a big part to this staff.

However, when it comes to food, you should tip your hats off to my sister. Shes the one whos bringing all the vegens what they want. Lettuce.
i think you mean "you won't get hot dogs i'll assure you of that"

but yeah, rice and beans and tofu make for good vegan food:)

and to those that have already donated (or plan to donate), thank you so much (in advance) it means more to us than we let on:)
<3's to Arash for being so nice and bringing us food for OC2 last year, and now since I'm OC3 staff, I think I can help everyone out now :]

Ken! I held a smashfest/ mini-tournament yesterday with a OC3 donation fee, and we were able to raise 80 dollars in an afternoon. Posting the letter really helped! I think we'll hold as many as these as possible to reach our goal, and maybe excced it!

Also, Deth was nice enough to donate $50 dollars to the Japanese yesterday!

$50 Deth Donation
$100 Rickety Donation
$30 mini-tournament fundraiser.
=
$180/$500

We're making our way :]

As OC3 staff, I can house people who plan on coming to EVO West right here in Sunny San Diego! Who wants some San Diego Love? <3

<3
rickety

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom