• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0C3 Pearl - July 20-22! CHECK 1st ROUND SINGLES POOLS!

what type of crew battles would you want at 0c3? (plz vote only if u r coming)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
I'm so stoked for this. So many people I want to play -- this is gonna be a blast.

Also, are you guys going to do commentary on some of the videos like MLG? If so, I'd love to put myself out there to do some of the commentary -- I think I've got the voice for it. =P

TheBOSS

Smash Lord
I'm so stoked for this. So many people I want to play -- this is gonna be a blast.

Also, are you guys going to do commentary on some of the videos like MLG? If so, I'd love to put myself out there to do some of the commentary -- I think I've got the voice for it. =P
if so me too! i have an amazing radio voice and have training in telecommunications. and i used to be in a bunch of commercials so yea. i wanna do it too lol!

DJ Combo

Smash Lord
Train: 768 Pacific Surfliner
Arrival: Anaheim, California
Tuesday July 17, 2007 10:23AM

Train: 763 Pacific Surfliner
Departure: Anaheim, California
Monday July 23, 2007 8:07AM

This is SilentWolf, Eggz, and my train schedule, will a ride be able to be arranged?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Hot sig Ken, I'd possibly take a better pic of yourself though. Bombsoldier looks slightly cooler.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
I'm from canada and i want to fly down like friday night and just take a bus or something to the venue so which airport is the closest to the venue, cause last time I checked los angeles is like a thousand miles from santa fe.??

N2K6

Smash Apprentice
Hot sig Ken, I'd possibly take a better pic of yourself though. Bombsoldier looks slightly cooler.
lol wow cant believe you said that. ken owns in smash but with that statement you made you own ken in real life. lmao! ken does look like jim carrey from dumb and dumber in that pic.

Sushiman

Smash Journeyman
I'm from canada and i want to fly down like friday night and just take a bus or something to the venue so which airport is the closest to the venue, cause last time I checked los angeles is like a thousand miles from santa fe.??
I think Ontario airport (in Ontario, California) is around 15 minutes from the venue.

jon playa

Smash Cadet
I would say that John Wayne airport may suit you better. It's closer to whittier than LA. The airport code is SNA (Santa Ana). I live in Costa Mesa which borders Santa Ana.

Also, I am a travel agent. I do primarily custoomized luxury independent travel arrangement, but I may be able to help w/ finding some info out.

Please take a look at our website at:
DavidTravel

This may help some people book online.

I hope this helps some people.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
lol wow cant believe you said that. ken owns in smash but with that statement you made you own ken in real life. lmao! ken does look like jim carrey from dumb and dumber in that pic.
No no, lol! It's just that Bombsoldier's pic looks more clear and upclose while Ken's looks kinda strected or something. Both poses are nice especially from Ken though "starts sounding gay so shuts up...."

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
@ jugfingers: Santa Fe Springs, CA is a different place than Santa Fe, NM. Like 980 miles different. The Venue is only 22 miles or so away from LAX, and I'm sure staff would be more than happy to take you from there to the venue.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
ohh dayum, thats dope. I thought it was in new mexico. and was as a result really confused.
I'll just take a bus or something cause im coming in friday night after work.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
just to reiterate

ohh dayum, thats dope. I thought it was in new mexico. and was as a result really confused.
I'll just take a bus or something cause im coming in friday night after work.
the venue is not in mexico. The venue is near los angeles and long beach california. If people fly into LAX(los angeles international airport) we will be happy to transport them to the venue. If you are worried about not knowing which airport we are going to pick you up at look at the first page for details. You MUST fly into one of those airports listed else we are not picking you up. Also Please Post your flight info or confirm if you want to get picked up. WE NEED THIS INFORMATION.

In addition to all this if you plan to stay before or after the event to make evo it is not our responsibility to take care of you or take you sight seeing while you are in california. That is up entirely to you to find someone who will. We are just taking people to and from the airport.
Housing will be offered at the event on friday night through monday morning. California has about 200 smashers alone and maybe more. I am sure someone is willing to house you for this event.

If you plan to go to oc3 be sure to bring lots of money for yourself, and make sure you have a plan. Do not just come expecting to pay 75 bucks to have us baby you. If anyone has anymore questions ill be happy to answer.

As far as oc3 staff goes here is a list of staff people you can ask to help you out:

All part of the large staff crew which brings you oc3 - have questions ask these members
Oc3 Creators: Ken, Manacloud, Squaresoft714, Jenny
Oc3 Main staff: Arash, Rickety, Boss, AznLep, Jeff(is not a smasher)
-----------------------------------------------------
Oc3 Helpers: Bonez, Justpha, Tony(rickety's bro), (adding more)// these staff members know very little
Oc3 website registration creator: nealdt
Oc3 Recording crew: gameII, Caotic

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
just a friendly reminder

Anyone who is 17 and younger must complete both forms at the end of the 0c3 packet. Players and Spectators both
1) parental consent form (please print out with you and bring it to the venue)
2) liability form (please print out with you and bring it to the venue)

Anyone who is coming to the tournament must complete the liability form. Players and Spectators both
1) fill out the liability consent form at the end of the 0c3 packet ((please print out with you and bring it to the venue)

of course we will also have the liability consent forms on tournament registration day, however if you happen to bring your own this will clearly speed up the process.

nublet06

Smash Lord
so a lot of people are trying to do this main character crew stuff.

like an all luigi crew.....all pikachu crew stuff like that.

i wouldnt mind doing that but i of course want to do a palmdale crew with all my friends. is there anyway we can do both? or is the character crew thing just a side attraction that people were plannign on doing at night when the venue closes?

Delphiki

Smash Champion
California summers ftw

What time does the venue open on Friday? Also I may be flying in (to LAX) - is there a deadline for when you guys need flight info in order to be picked up?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

California summers ftw

What time does the venue open on Friday? Also I may be flying in (to LAX) - is there a deadline for when you guys need flight info in order to be picked up?
saint patricks helpers do not get any benefits that staff does. All they do is help run pools and stuff and if you are willing to do that mainly and take orders from us you are more welcomed to be a helper. Ill give you an example of how it shouldnt go - Mana: hey patrick do you mind carrying this tv over to that other table? Patrick - no im busy playing this friendlies match.

Rofl you want to do both a luigi crew plus palmdale which i believe cannot happen. There are about 250 people maybe less. If you think about crew battles we will not finish on time if we did that.

delphiki we need the flight info asap. If people do not post their flight info two weeks earlier than the tournament they are last on the list to get responses from us. First come first serve.

Also for all the smashers attending oc3 try not to be *******es. For oc2 we received complaints about rides, not doing peoples laundry, food, etc. We the oc3 staff are working very hard already to make this possible. Lots of us who do work is taking vacation time off just to make this event possible. So more appreciation of what you are getting and less complaints. We will do our best to pick up people who do as we say, meaning post your flight info, fly into one of the airports listed on the first page of this thread, and sign those forms at the end of the oc3 packet. Make it easier for us and we will make it easier for you.

Saint Patrick

Smash Ace
Oh I see. Well, in that case, I think I'd rather just go, chill, and be able to experience all the players to the fullest. I'd still like to commentate some if you guys are doing something like that, though =P

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
so a lot of people are trying to do this main character crew stuff.

like an all luigi crew.....all pikachu crew stuff like that.

i wouldnt mind doing that but i of course want to do a palmdale crew with all my friends. is there anyway we can do both? or is the character crew thing just a side attraction that people were plannign on doing at night when the venue closes?
i vote character crews as a side event, i know the bowser's WANTED to do it, but it doesn't seem like its going to happen for real crews, if we could make a seperate little crew thing for those just for fun it'd be pretty cool

po pimpus

Smash Ace
i vote character crews as a side event, i know the bowser's WANTED to do it, but it doesn't seem like its going to happen for real crews, if we could make a seperate little crew thing for those just for fun it'd be pretty cool
That sounds, best, Gimpy. Of course, OC3 Staff has to okay it, and there needs to be enough interest...

I'm in. C'mon Luigis! Let's do this!

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
ok, not to keep anyone's hopes up, possibly.......... JUST POSSIBLY

if we have time and the 0c3 staff isnt too tired and more importantly and I'll say it again
IF we have time

then possibly we can do a "all character crew battle" afterwards. Of course this will only happen if we "have time"

:) all marth crew ftw, Ken, disc, husband, m2king,

the tournament is located in

"SANTA FE SPRINGS"

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
for international crews are we limited to just N,S,E,W part of America and other countries? I'm coming with a lot of Vegas smashers and I was curious if we could have a Vegas international crew, or some other snappy name to get us into that tournament.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

for international crews are we limited to just N,S,E,W part of America and other countries? I'm coming with a lot of Vegas smashers and I was curious if we could have a Vegas international crew, or some other snappy name to get us into that tournament.
well vegas isnt an international region. It would be wc if anything. However as far as the international crews goes like japan vs usa or something it is less likely going to happen since we couldnt bring over more japanese players. This is a let down to us all because we might just not have it and just run crews throughout the night or something because there are a lot of crews and we do want to finish on time. without having international crew battle it will save us time and let us finish on time for regular crew battles.

With that said lets look at the facts. We have top players from the midwest going, some top players from the ec, and lots of top players from cali. the original intent was a huge usa vs japan crew uniting the united states players against canada, europe, japan etc. But there are like 4 canadians going, 2 europeans i think, and possibly 4 japanese. No way we can do that now. Now people are going to want a wc vs ec vs midwest thing. That would leave japan out and if we did that, we would have to try to finish that and crews on the first day. The tournament starts at around 4 to 5 pm and i dont know if we can finish on this on time. In addition to all that people want character crew battles on the same day like luigi crew vs an all marth crew. No way we can fit that all in even if i would love to see it happen. The staff will have to decide on this. Oh also vicko if vegas wanted a vegas crew they dont need international crews to do that thats just normal crews. So I am in favor of just throwing out international battles and do crew battles, but it is not up to me it is up to time management and other staff members decisions.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
no international crew battles? that should take priority over normal crews ANY day!

i want the character crews, but i mean the regional crews are where its at!

Miharu

Smash Hero
Hmm.

Can't we just have US vs non-US if people really wanted an international crew battle?

Or you could have the 4 regions of the US in 4 crews, then all the non-US people in another.

delphiki we need the flight info asap. If people do not post their flight info two weeks earlier than the tournament they are last on the list to get responses from us. First come first serve.
So the latest we can post flight info would be on July 6th? Since that's 2 weeks from start of OC3.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
great news everyone!

The best marth from Japan( Tani), will be at 0c3 if all goes well. Currently he is waiting for a spot to open on a flight, and if it does he will go.

Tani and Disk, best marths from West and East Japan will be at 0c3. A marth crew would definately own ;)

Darkmusician

Smash Master
great news everyone!

The best marth from Japan( Tani), will be at 0c3 if all goes well. Currently he is waiting for a spot to open on a flight, and if it does he will go.

Tani and Disk, best marths from West and East Japan will be at 0c3. A marth crew would definately own ;)
Wow! That's awesome!

Potential Marth Crew....Tani, Disk, Ken, Azen (is he coming?), and Mew2King. That would be pwnsauce for sho.

Hawaii will post it's flight info as soon as July 7th is over. =w=

nublet06

Smash Lord
what about Taj, hes got a crazy marth, you might have perhaps forgot about him?
lol nah taj has to do the mew2 crew. ahahah. it would be him.....and like 2 other people.

anyone else wanna money match? i still want my total of 25$ in matches. eggz? $5?

gimpyfish bowser 5$
take me to your leader guy falco/marth 5$
eggz? mario? 5$?
??? ??? ??
??? ??? ??

Anyone else? you can do the remaining 10 in one match if you want.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
Nobody can forget about Taj. Nobody.

Dark, when are you leaving for this thing and with whom?
im leaving probably some time in the mornining the day before the the tourney and get there some time in late afternoon or mid afternoon maybe. i think b-will and vincent both from tuscon are coming with me and Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom