• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0C3 Pearl - July 20-22! CHECK 1st ROUND SINGLES POOLS!

what type of crew battles would you want at 0c3? (plz vote only if u r coming)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
alright guys

updates
-----------------------------------------------

today we went shopping for cotton shirts, photo ink(yes the good stuff), and other materials to make the shirts. It was really expensive. So after all the calculations shirts are going to be

30 dollars a piece. (pricey buth worth it because of good fabric and high quality ink). I rather have a shirt that last long then a shirt that peels off after you buy it and wear it. Shirts are all in white, sorry no black shirts. In addition, I mean its not everyday you see a smash bros melee shirt drawn by an artist and printed on a shirt. Most of the stuff i see is just copied from nintendo images itself. This is not a business but rather an addition to the oc3 tournament itself helping cover any profit losses to make the tournament happen.

So with that said if I manage to sell it at 30 i will gain 2 dollars extra a shirt, to help out with the oc3 venue fees. My question is are people going to still buy the shirts regardless of the price. There is a limited amount, about 39 shirts and it is first come first serve. I will post an image of the shirt with the print online when i am finish with the image. I just need a list of people who are willing to buy shirts so i know I would atleast break even. If i manage to sell all 39 shirts i will be suprised because I know the image I drew atleast served a purpose for the players. Oc3 doesnt last forever, for most I think it will be a souvenir. Most people would buy one and get signatures and frame it i think. Then you can actually say ive been to oc3 =).

thanks for all your support.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
I definitely want a shirt, but I want all of OC3 staff to autograph it. Would that be possible?

Well. we're less than a month away! I hope everybody's getting as pumped as I am!

manacloud1

Smash Champion
yeah

I definitely want a shirt, but I want all of OC3 staff to autograph it. Would that be possible?

Well. we're less than a month away! I hope everybody's getting as pumped as I am!
im sure that is possible, the tougher part is to get everyone there at oc3 to sign it. Hopefully we will have a signed shirt of the top 32 players like fc3 did.

T0MMY

Smash Master
To keep all the character crew battle discussion from overwhelming important info (housing, consent forms, etc.) I posted a new topic about it here:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2514307#post2514307

I'd really like to see this happen, keeping in mind that time is still a factor in a 3 day event it will be after all the main events.
Just give me a post if you want to or don't want to participate in it. If you're listed there chances are you were nominated as a character player, it's not mandatory, especially given that we're trying to fit it into a busy schedule.

Also, I'd suggest all money match discussions be taken to a new thread as well. That'd keep this thread a little neater and give an easier time to those MM'ing a way to keep track of all proposals.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
im sure that is possible, the tougher part is to get everyone there at oc3 to sign it. Hopefully we will have a signed shirt of the top 32 players like fc3 did.
I'd pay for that. =w=

I think last year I was told that Japanese players were at set tvs to do friendlies. Will it probably be the same this year or will we just have to migrate around? I don't mind doing either. lolz

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh

I'd pay for that. =w=

I think last year I was told that Japanese players were at set tvs to do friendlies. Will it probably be the same this year or will we just have to migrate around? I don't mind doing either. lolz
they werent doing friendlies it was actually donations as well. People paid 5 bucks to play random japanese people but then again we brought over atleast 7 japanese last year. This year more of them needed help, but we couldnt manage to bring more over. We have like 3 japanese players comming to oc3.

Darkmusician

Smash Master
they werent doing friendlies it was actually donations as well. People paid 5 bucks to play random japanese people but then again we brought over atleast 7 japanese last year. This year more of them needed help, but we couldnt manage to bring more over. We have like 3 japanese players comming to oc3.
Oh wow. I heard that those 5 dollars were money matches, not donations. >_> After seeing how much bringing just 2 people over are, I'm shocked that there were 7 last year.

Captain Jack isn't confirmed yet is he? Guess he probably needs donations too.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

Oh wow. I heard that those 5 dollars were money matches, not donations. >_> After seeing how much bringing just 2 people over are, I'm shocked that there were 7 last year.

Captain Jack isn't confirmed yet is he? Guess he probably needs donations too.
well i dont think captain jack is going anymore. He told us he needed help and we refuse to help him because he wanted to fly to france first before he went to oc3 which is more out of our pockets, which i think isnt right. If people are willing to help captain jack, he probably needs around 800 bucks, which i think isnt going to happen because we arent even getting that many donations for bombsoldier. Hopefully at oc3 people will donate towards bombsoldier and disc or atleast take the offer to play them for 20 bucks. When they are actually there at the event I hope people will see eye to eye on what ken and I are trying to do for this community.

maXXXpower

Smash Champion
I see that the venue is over at midnight Sunday. Does that mean everyone's out the door by that time, or can we get some rest there for the drive home?

Bootruss

Smash Cadet
I have a question regarding housing/food. If smashers that leave near Sante Fe Springs don't want housing or food, is there a separate entry fee? Like in my case, i within driving range of Sante Fe so i thought i could just drive there. . . any "tourney only" fee??

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
I see that the venue is over at midnight Sunday. Does that mean everyone's out the door by that time, or can we get some rest there for the drive home?
everyone must be out when we say they have to be out. I'm pretty sure the crew needs time to pack up everything and leave sunday night. Hopefully we will get out by 1-2 am monday. Possibly go to a nearby denny's to have a last chance to eat and say good bye to everyone.

I have a question regarding housing/food. If smashers that leave near Sante Fe Springs don't want housing or food, is there a separate entry fee? Like in my case, i within driving range of Sante Fe so i thought i could just drive there. . . any "tourney only" fee??
there are no exceptions, everyone must pay the full $75 who is participating in the event. $75 is still cheap compared to all the out of staters making this event, having this be a national and international tournament.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
I'd like a T-shirt as well. Also, nublet06 I'll 5$mm you. My Peach and Fox against your whoever(are we doing best 2/3 or 3/5)? Also Gimpyfish I'll 5$mm you as well just for the heck of it lol. My Marth vs your bowser I suppose.

nublet06

Smash Lord
I'd like a T-shirt as well. Also, nublet06 I'll 5$mm you. My Peach and Fox against your whoever(are we doing best 2/3 or 3/5)? Also Gimpyfish I'll 5$mm you as well just for the heck of it lol. My Marth vs your bowser I suppose.
2 out of 3 is fine. unless you wanna go like over 20$ or something.

Gimpyfish..................................................................luigi vs bowser.....................................5$
ken take me to your leader dude.......................luigi vs falco/marth............................5$
KOS-MOS...................................................................luigi vs Peach/Fox...............................5$
???......................................luigi vs ???...................................??
???......................................luigi vs ???...................................??

anyone else wanna mm? i have 2 more openings. i challenged eggs but no reply so spots still open.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
2 out of 3 is fine. unless you wanna go like over 20$ or something.

Gimpyfish..................................................................luigi vs bowser.....................................5$
ken take me to your leader dude.......................luigi vs falco/marth............................5$
KOS-MOS...................................................................luigi vs Peach/Fox...............................5$

anyone else wanna mm? i have 2 more openings. i challenged eggs but no reply so spots still open.
hmmm, let's say you money match all these people and happen to win. Does that mean you'll have more money to mm? or does that mean, eh, you win some and you're gonna stop? :)

you win sum, you dim sum :chuckle:

nublet06

Smash Lord
hmmm, let's say you money match all these people and happen to win. Does that mean you'll have more money to mm? or does that mean, eh, you win some and you're gonna stop? :)

you win sum, you dim sum :chuckle:
yeah im just planning my first 5 online. because i will only have 25 dollars to play with at the start. if i win tho.....i will def keep money matching. i plan on making my 75$ back ahahah.

_milktea

Smash Lord
HEY MANA!!! I'm finally done with my OC3 banner, I'll probably make MORE as I get more ideas but for now, here's the first of them!

The only picture that isn't Nintendo and isn't mine is the picture of the sunset. I hope that isn't a problem, it's just that I have no good pictures of California since I haven't been there yet ;o.

FrozenRoy

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-1325-2408-7513
I have a question...

The packet won't load on my computer, so will there be any there/is there another place to see the packet?

manacloud1

Smash Champion
heh

HEY MANA!!! I'm finally done with my OC3 banner, I'll probably make MORE as I get more ideas but for now, here's the first of them!

The only picture that isn't Nintendo and isn't mine is the picture of the sunset. I hope that isn't a problem, it's just that I have no good pictures of California since I haven't been there yet ;o.
oOOoOoo nice banner, however some heads up milktea. I dont mind that you took a picture of a sunset in california by someone else, however, that does cut down the originality factor in the creativity area. As for using the clips from the game itself its a nice addition however it doesnt draw together oc3/smash/ and what california is about. Just my thoughts and this goes to everyone. The theme is california and a lot of people already use sunsets to represent it. It becomes cliche after awhile. I think the only way to win this banner contest is to be unique.

The categories each of the judges will be judging on are :

creativity: 10 points total
amount of skill: 10 points total
use of theme in banner: 10 points total

judges are once again: me, ken, arash, helen, caotic isnt showing to oc3 anymore so the last judge will probably be rickety, boss or kira. Everything will be unanimous and fair. So more people should enter because so far milktea is the only one submitting an animated banner. I think.

and frotaz, you gotta come!

frozen roy, when you mean it wont load on your computer is it because you don't have microsoft word? if that is the case I will upload a pdf version of it as well as a txt version of it. If you dont have note pad or adobe acrobat or reader then its hopeless.

on another note, money matches are springing like mad. Everyones money matching someone. If this is the case we the oc staff will probably setup a money match station for all the smashers who are dueling each other.

Bootruss

Smash Cadet
are there any rules for crew size, because i noticed last year J-City had four members, each with 5 stock. . . is that going to be any different this year? (5 mem- 4 stock?---4 mem- 5stock?)

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmmm

are there any rules for crew size, because i noticed last year J-City had four members, each with 5 stock. . . is that going to be any different this year? (5 mem- 4 stock?---4 mem- 5stock?)
i believe its 5 man crews. For oc2 mikaelisgay consisted of captain jack, chu dat, me, isai and ken. IM sure it will be the same this year , no more no less.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I notice there are about half a dozen flights registered... is everyone else just walking from LAX to the venue?

Eggz

Smash Hero
*Points out that the tournament isn't for like a month*
I'd say so Zjiin.

DJ Combo, Silent Wolf and I need accommodations, described below...

We arrive in Anaheim on July 17th
We leave for home from Anaheim on July 23rd

We a ride from the station in Anaheim on the 17th, and housing from the 17th-20th.

We also need housing from 22-23 and a ride to the train station (Again, in Anaheim).

Any help would be appreciated, we have our own food money and bedding, and we can be...good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom