• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

0C3 Pearl - July 20-22! CHECK 1st ROUND SINGLES POOLS!

what type of crew battles would you want at 0c3? (plz vote only if u r coming)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Is there a seperate thread concerning housing? Because even though I would probably be getting a motel for OC3, if I wanted to stay and attend EVO, I certainly couldn't motel it up for the whole week, my pockets are pretty shallow...

$ick

Smash Lord
I wish I lived closer so I could help out with the housing.... I might not even be able to go myself. Unexpected expenses suck. :(

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmmm

Well. . .done with the banner

hmmmm. . .a little big. . . and you can't see oc3 zero challenge. . .is it acceptable?
its acceptable , but boy man atlus. I dont know if u tried or just threw stuff together. The theme of california you choose from what i see might be either kiddy or fun? So ill accept that. At the rate of the banners comming in now you are probably in third if nobody submits stuff lol. Also you named ken, me and arash specifically, which is kind of an insult to all the other helpers lol.

we are going to have all kinds of matches like ken vs bombsoldier recorded. =).

as for housing po pimpus, the staff isnt responsible for housing after the event and very early before the event. This year we have done our best to already guarantee housing for the event days. This is up to so cal to help out the community for once.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Well here's my banner. Didn't turn out like i wanted it to, but then again i knew i couldn't draw on a puter in the first place. OC3!

Atlus8

Smash Master
Nice banner Zjiin. Love that Falco! XDXDXD

hmmm. . . .you're right, Mana. I'll see if I can also add Nealdt. . .

In my banner, u see, I went for creativity: creativity that was assembled in less than two mintues. As you can see, Ken has the Marth sword which shows courage. Mana, you have Falco's laser gun, which demonstrates power. For Arash, I drew in Bowser's fire breath which represents. . . fire. . . I guess.

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
Nice banner Zjiin. Love that Falco! XDXDXD

hmmm. . . .you're right, Mana. I'll see if I can also add Nealdt. . .

In my banner, u see, I went for creativity: creativity that was assembled in less than two mintues. As you can see, Ken has the Marth sword which shows courage. Mana, you have Falco's laser gun, which demonstrates power. For Arash, I drew in Bowser's fire breath which represents. . . fire. . . I guess.
LMAO, best banner ever. Paint ftw?

_Milktea's banner looks great as well.

I think I have an idea for a banner but I'm lazy so I might not make one.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
lol

AHH HIS IS SO COOL! He wins, I lack this thing, we call it creativity.
its not up to me to decide who wins. Ken, me, arash, helen, and the last judge all have different taste when it comes to art. Also do not forget the prizes winner gets a t shirt and a game with bombsoldier, thats one hell of a prize. So bring out the best banners. We are going to vote and over all points wins. Right now we havent done the voting just yet so everyone can keep submitting new ones till the dead line which is 2 weeks before oc3 which will be: July 8, 2007.

Yes the deadline is july 8, 2007 and no later.

Also zijin was so confident he won he already sent me a pm with his address, name , and favorite animal an elephant. LOL?

I am waiting to see more kick *** banners.

Bootruss

Smash Cadet
Would you guys allow a 4 member crew, each member recieving 5 stock?

Also, if I sign up for the tourney but don't have a crew, do i have to be there during crew battles, or can I just register and leave?

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
Would you guys allow a 4 member crew, each member recieving 5 stock?

Also, if I sign up for the tourney but don't have a crew, do i have to be there during crew battles, or can I just register and leave?
i think we are either going to do a total of a 4 man crew or 5 man crew. We aren't going to do 4 people with more stocks while others have less stocks. This way, either 1 crew has too many power houses with more stocks (which is unfair) or the crew with 5 man has more counter characters ( which is also unfair).

it will be very direct. either 4v4, 4 stocks eatch, or 5v5 4 stocks eatch.

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
You guys want to see more banners? Make the prize better like a free entry to OC3. That should get you a lot and I mean a lot of banners before the deadline. One free entry isn’t going to hurt you.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
umm no

You guys want to see more banners? Make the prize better like a free entry to OC3. That should get you a lot and I mean a lot of banners before the deadline. One free entry isn’t going to hurt you.
i dont think so, the prizes are already good. Plus we are the only one that does banner contest, i havent seen any other major tournament do one. If people dont enter this contest its their loss.

manacloud1

Smash Champion
Updates

Smash boards is acting gay right now so it wont let me fix posts or add more to it. Ignore the double post above.

UPDATE--------------------------------------------------------

After tons of hours of working on this, the inking is done. Hopefully I can get through coloring two shades of color without fainting. This process is tedious that is why the shirts that everyone is buying is going to be worth its money.
Once the entire design is done with color I will actually make the first shirt and scan it so people can see what they are actually buying.

In the original design most of the farther back characters werent given enough credit such as falco, or donkeykong and i had to fix it. Heh tricked most of you with the original image. Nah im just joking, when I draw I constantly move things around to see what fits best. Well here it is hope everyone likes it as much as I do.

Ultra Luigi

Smash Ace
Yeah they’re good, I’m not saying they aren’t but from the looks of it, the current prize isn’t getting people to make banners. I’ve only seen a few people with them, just a few. So I thought if you made the prize much better, you would get better results. If a shirt and a match don’t motivate me into making a banner, it might be the same for other people as well.

But oh well. Like I said, the prize is good but you aren’t getting enough people to enter. The deadline is just a week away. I’m just trying to help.

Nice drawing.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Actually, I agree with Ultra. Perhaps people needed a little motivation. Heck take a look at my banner. . . I would have felt motivated to add color if first place gets free entry. Anyway, THAT DRAWING IS AWESOME!!!! And the coloring is yet to be added. WOW! I must say, I'll most likely get two shirts or maybe three. GREAT JOB!!!:)

manacloud1

Smash Champion
hmm

Yeah they’re good, I’m not saying they aren’t but from the looks of it, the current prize isn’t getting people to make banners. I’ve only seen a few people with them, just a few. So I thought if you made the prize much better, you would get better results. If a shirt and a match don’t motivate me into making a banner, it might be the same for other people as well.

But oh well. Like I said, the prize is good but you aren’t getting enough people to enter. The deadline is just a week away. I’m just trying to help.

Nice drawing.
i didnt realize the date was only a week away. Alright the deadline is the 14 instead. That gives people two weeks to work on banners i think. Hopefully for the ones going to fc they can submit earlier or when they get back from fc.

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
alright

manacloud under kens name.

UPDATES------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for all those who are planning on playing bombsoldier via 20 dollar donations and plan on also getting it recorded for another 10 dollar record fee. Please bring your own video tapes, other wise i will have video tapes there for sale for 10 bucks a piece. These are my own tapes, I have there just incase someone forgets to bring their own. So its smarter to just bring your own and save 10 bucks.

So yes BYOT = " BRING YOUR OWN TAPE ." THIS ONLY APPLIES To those who are donating via playing bombsoldier.

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
so if someone doesn't bring a tape its $40 to play BS and have their match recorded on your tape?

El_LoVo

Smash Ace
Gojira - dittos, sheik 5, 5
Zodiak-Lucien - 5
Nublet - Luigi 5
JTB - Jiggs 5
FrozenRoy - Roy, YLink 5
RagingAsian - Falco 10

thats the mm list i've got so far, keep em comin please.
MM 5$?
I use link

anyone else mm?

so what time does the venue open for us on friday? Is it just at 3 when registration starts?

sephirothken

ken combo
BRoomer
reminder, we need flight info's. we have so many people coming from OOS yet only about 8 flights. Please post your flight info Or you will not get picked up!

that means you Cort, and yes don't spam. :)

Cort

Apple Head
I'm not coming to OC3 this year. But I definitely reccomend going to anyone who can't decide, as OC2 last year was absolutely amazing.

Sorry for spamming, I just thought it was really funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom