• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Short hop air dodge thus doing a cross up!?

Putting fighting game logic in Brawl ohhh yesss

Edit: Though being serious, I use this a few times while playing. It's funny how it works

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
So back to that snake matchup thing.

1. Try to use his grenades. Most of the time a snake will throw a grenade out FIRST thing in a match without cooking it. They do this just to get some kind of stage control out and it helps them cook their next one. USE THAT GRENADE if they do that. It can really help you get your juggle game on.

2. Don't Short Hop, you will be eating Ftilts all day and tomorrow. You can Full Hop Fair which works pretty good.

3. Abuse him offstage and in the air. Snake gets ****ed up the *** in these situations. You thought marth had rough options from the ledge? Snake has it worse.

4. Watch out for his smashes. They kill REALLY early and are slow. Utilt kills at 110% i think? its 100% or 110%. Jab kills at the edge of FD and Smashville around 150%. I forget when Ftilt kills but its a viable kill move against you so don't take them lightly.

5. Snakedash blah blah blah. Try to bait them and punish. Just watch out for that mortar when it comes back down.

6. Snake's grab is ****ing ********. For example his dthrow, Snake gently lays his opponent down and does a wopping 11ish%. WTF??. Marth slams his enemy on the ground which sends them flying backwards and they barely get scratched with 4%. Snake has MAD follow ups with this *****. You roll behind he can do what he wants if he predicts right. You roll forward you eat a snakedash and have a high chance of hitting his mortar. You stand up and he can grab again. You sit there and he will ftilt your ***. If you get up attack he will grab again. If the snake is not ******** you will gain atleast 15% from his dthrow and follow up. SOMETIMES you can get away with rolling behind the snake and mashing dancing blade. You may catch him off and DB will come out before he can retaliate...but its rare. So stay frosty.

7. You have some of your own shenanigans. I forget what they were exactly but I think it had to do with UP version of DB. I think if you finish with the blue/up version of DB at low percents (0-10 iirc) you get a free utilt or uair and can follow up with other moves.

29. Snake can edgeguard the living poo out of you. Mix it up. If he's close enough fair through the stage. If not then fake a couple of routines to get back on.

17. If he starts to jab you MASH DOLPHIN SLASH LIKE A MADMAN. Sometimes you can get out of it and if the snake tries to jab1->Ftilt you get a free 13% on him and possibly a follow up or a return to neutral zoning.

Q. I know we have some Fthrow shenanigan but other than that... ZONE HIS BALLS OFF. His ftilt is massive. His utilt is massive. His junk is almost as massive as Captain Falcon's. But don't get discouraged. This matchup is all about keeping the pressure on the opponent. If you take advantage as fast as you can while doing it safely then great!, you have already won 50% of the match.

BTW t3h other half is you keeping this momentum. BUT if you let that snake setup his stage control and let him force you to the ledge and let him control the center of the stage then you have lost 100%. Snake will put on more damage on you than any other character in the game if he has stage control.

It is not natural. It will take you minutes to put 80% on that **** and him 5 seconds to put 40% on you. The ratio of his damage to your damage is not even. The ratio of your kill percents and his kill percents are not even. Keep that in mind. If you think just because you are both at 100% its even your wrong. He can kill you at 110% with a low start up lag move with IMMENSE range. Just because you are both at 50% doesn't mean you are even. He can put another 50% on in a matter of seconds and kill you in the same sequence. Always keep a percent lead, always keep pressure on him, DON'T MAKE STUPID MISTAKES.

I hope that helps whoever wanted that snake thing. Zano or Zoro or Zono or whats his bucket. I'll post some pics in the post if you guys want it to not be an ugly wall of text :D

C.J.

Smash Master
Okay, first thing I have to mention is, stuff works WELL, not good. Full hop fair works WELL. Seriously, it's not that hard. Well describes a verb (works) while good describes a noun (job).

Marth is the hardest (maybe 2nd or 3rd... Ike and snake are really hard for him too) character for Snake to follow up his dthrow on. He has to predict you AND act the moment you move. He can't wait and react at all.

If he jabs you, just hold away... You'll never be hit by the 3rd hit of his jab (lol@ that being a kill option he has) because it's bad except against something stupid like 4 characters. If he does jab-> ftilt, just be ready to SDI the first hit of ftilt (you're already holding away so that's half of it) then punish him.

fthrow-> stutterstep fsmash works... if your stutterstep is only one or two frames. If you get a grab @ 0 fthrow to regrab to DB. It will almost always put him offstage (seriously, that move is ridiculous, Marth take 4 GIANT steps forward. Marth is trying his hardest to get them offstage.)

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
I'd like to point out snake can sit there and react to what marth does depending on what he does. :p

If you roll forward he has enough time to input a snakedash.
If you stand up he doesnt even have to react he just sits there holding shield.

So truly the only thing he has to predict is you rolling behind him.

And I didnt know we had so many grammar Nazi's.

**** all yall GNazi's. 'Cept for Laurel.

And this stuff does work good. Good is gooder than well. Therefore I use good. Perfect. Done. Your invalid is argument.

etecoon

Smash Hero
if you just stay there he can't hold shield forever, his only real countermeasures to this stale important kill moves so at low/mid % it's a pretty good option

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
ugh I gotta teach myself how to full hop. Since the start of picking up Marth I've taught myself to short hop and nothing else.

etecoon

Smash Hero
If you stay there your invincibility frames run out and he can ftilt or do whatever. His shield lasts long enough.
ftilt misses you if he doesn't move, you have 11 frames too it's not out of the question to react to his shield drop. he can stale his utilt to hit you, but that's even slower so he typically needs to read you and NOT shield

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
I think we are having a intercommunication error.

Im talking about when Snake dthrows you. Marth will lay on the floor with a few frames of invincibility. If you do not take action marth runs out of invincibility frames and lays on the ground in that "tired" animation. Snake's shield lasts longer than your invincibility frames and snake is close enough to do what he wants with you. Dtilt is a viable option for him.

Marth has 5 options:

1. Get up- A good mixup. But if the snake is shielding then he can just regrab or hit you with whatever...dtilt...utilt...(if you are both at low percents he will probably refresh it by the time he needs to use it for a kill move)

2. Get up attack- Same as number 1 but you may get a shield poke with it. Snake can then regrab you if he is shielding.

3. Roll Forward- Snake can react and not predict in this situation due to how long marth rolls. If the snake is paying attention he can snake dash before you get done rolling and he hits after your invincibility frames are up.

4. Roll Backwards- THIS IS THE ONLY ONE Snake has to predict to get a favorable outcome for him. Dancing Blade is your best option here. It comes out faster than his moves if he doesn't predict and will shield poke because his shield is so low.

Snake doesn't have to predict. If he just holds shield he is good for 3/4 options. Those are just facts. Snake isn't as far back as you think he is for Dthrow.

etecoon

Smash Hero
it...was pretty obvious that you were talking about snake's oki, what part of my post made it seem as though I were talking about anything else?

still dismissing most of that as super theory craft bros, people can't react for that many possibilities consistently especially if you're including shield drop lag. some of the characters that have away>towards get up attacks do get wrecked pretty hard by it, but marth is NOT as easy to tech chase as you're making it out to be

Enzo

Smash Lord
Actually odds are half-2/3 that you escape
stand up/stand up attack work basically the same way so I count them as 1

on another note
princess resurrection manga 2gud
get2it
the anime is Meh becAuse it got cleaned up as ****
and kinda makes the whole concept different so just go with the manga
available at mangareader.net

Steel_Samurai

Smash Journeyman
Snake can jab the start up of Marth's forward roll too lol
Another good mix up is to delay your get up, however, its risky at high percents, cuz if they predict it they can just up tilt

I've never really had too much trouble with snakes d throw tbh

Player-3

Smash Hero
at kills %s ALWAYS roll away from snake

worst he can do is dash attack you, which wont kill with that hitbox until like 190

tibs7

Smash Champion
If snake predicts your f roll I think he can utilt you before you do anything.
Don't get grabbed I guess :(.

So close to Christmas guys!!!!11!!

Laurel

Smash Ace
eff christmas, i need money so i can get a certain someone an xmas gift and i have none :(

ways to make quick money go-

working the corner isn't an option

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Making men sammiches.

No for real though. If you put a stand up on the sidewalk with hot sandwiches with melted provolone and toasted bread and everything is hot and roast beef..an-...and salami...and...and...*gasms*

I'd go buy a sandwich from that stand.

Laurel

Smash Ace
preferably something where i don't have to spend money to make money, which is prob impossible

i wish i got paid to work the kitchen :(

Top Bottom