• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Player-3

Smash Hero
make money you say

without spending money you say

you know what they say, i say

i say, they say you have to spend money to make money, they say

so i say what you say is invalid

Mr-R

Smash Champion
GUYS WISH ME GOOD LUCK TOMORROW FOR NEUSS ( tourney )
orion/leon/staco/istudying/blub/bjay/gregs are also attending!!!!

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
/wishes luck

I've got to spend time learning platform cancelling and uhhh wave bouncing this weekend. :V Sure it would help my game by a notable margin.

∫unk

Smash Master
my last competitive smash tournament is this weekend. I'm actually nervous LOL don't want to do bad on my last tournament. wml

at some point shaya's posts turned from virtual barf to something I like reading... also highly enjoy tibs follow up posts LOL i dunno why I thought of that but had to get it out

∫unk

Smash Master
Thanks :D lol you're the first person to call me junsama outside of Japan

There's a bunch of reasons, I almost wrote a wall of text lol but in summary because I've retired from the game! I feel like I'm close to my skill cap (especially based on my location), and my love for the competition turned into one long le sigh *complains about imbalance*

Also, I gotta take care of some real life shiz. I'm about to turn 22 so I gotta have a better understanding of my future as a self-sustaining adult.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
Cool. I figure that will happen to anyone who doesn't look for a profession in Competitive gaming in which there are better outlets.

Do you think you will ever come back? Or switch to melee?

It pains me to see fellow gamers quit. It feels like a part of me died D:

tibs7

Smash Champion
that would be sooo weird if Santa was real and like slid down chimneys and **** ey.

God damn Santa.

P3 Christmas holiday in aus jah? :)

Player-3

Smash Hero
more like christmas holiday at my house being bored trolling smashboards if i'm not out watching LOTR marathons while its cold outside

∫unk

Smash Master
Cool. I figure that will happen to anyone who doesn't look for a profession in Competitive gaming in which there are better outlets.
Brawl doesn't even have professional competitive gaming. I don't think we're legit enough yet for that.

Do you think you will ever come back? Or switch to melee?
I'll be around, I'm just tired of tournaments.

Definitely not switching to melee.... melee noobs have to be the most annoying kind of noob there is.

It pains me to see fellow gamers quit. It feels like a part of me died D:
I falcon knee'd the gates of death once. It didn't work out as I thought it would.

more like christmas holiday at my house being bored trolling smashboards if i'm not out watching LOTR marathons while its cold outside
I have a request to ask of you, for my birthday.

Go the entire day without bashing DDD. In fact, any time DDD is exposed to you (through forums/chats/talks) I want you to compliment something about DDD. NO LOOPHOLE BS. You can stop if people are being dumb about it (people... don't be dumb about it lol this could be funny).

It's only a day :D

VietGeek

Smash Hero
melee noobs have to be the most annoying kind of noob there is.
i love you too jun-kun.

kinda looks like a face too huh...

I falcon knee'd the gates of death once. It didn't work out as I thought it would.
scarjump upb wallhug recovery into ledgestall walljump bair back to stage?

I have a request to ask of you, for my birthday.

Go the entire day without bashing DDD. In fact, any time DDD is exposed to you (through forums/chats/talks) I want you to compliment something about DDD. NO LOOPHOLE BS. You can stop if people are being dumb about it (people... don't be dumb about it lol this could be funny).

It's only a day :D
p3 is gonna get edgehogged by his own teammate again

tibs7

Smash Champion
<3 Shaya! Haven't seen/msn'ed you in ages mannnnnn.
Bro I'm gonna get a gf in like a week, what's news with you?

Player-3

Smash Hero
tibs always has *****es with him

this time though he's just letting her have a sense of accomplishment

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
<3 Shaya! Haven't seen/msn'ed you in ages mannnnnn.
Bro I'm gonna get a gf in like a week, what's news with you?
I like forget about msn in between worshipping my Attila statue and throwing salt at the bananas in my fruit bowl. <3 :p

Like finished uni.
Not doing much otherwise.

I'm lazy, I want to go rent a beach house and get wasted for a week.
I told you about this right?

Congrats on the woman thing though,
was this the one you "picked up at work" all those weeks ago? haha

tibs7

Smash Champion
Oh god obsession with attila needs a fix still mmm
you have a job yet?
And yeah I remember you mentioning that a while back, byron or something.
Dude getting a missus just before Christmas, I don't have to get her anything yeah?

Anyway poker timez guyz yeahuz.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Oh god obsession with attila needs a fix still mmm
ujealous

you have a job yet?
You ask me this like everytime we talk, hahaha. I've still had the same job for like 4 years.

And yeah I remember you mentioning that a while back, byron or something.
byron bay is amazing.

Dude getting a missus just before Christmas, I don't have to get her anything yeah?
Buy some jewellery. Not only is good + pretty necklaces/rings reasonably cheap ($100~ for something nice in silver). Otherwise you could be like turtle and tell her to go die in a fire or something for christmas than start hanging out with her again after new years (i'm pretty sure he isn't that evil, I hope)

Anyway poker timez guyz yeahuz.
1am poker?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I'm wondering if I should copy/pasta my angry Golden Sun: Dark Dawn review. So much salt about that game.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yeah I was pretty pissed too when Isaac didn't stay in your party.

Almost wanted to burn the game right there and then.

There are no other faults.

Except maybe -maybe- points of no return.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
You think there are no other faults? Goddamn Shaya, you bad at critique. Gimme a second to copy/pasta my rant. xD

Also, Rei, that's not a spoiler, he leaves your party an hour in.
Thoroughly disappointed. The game started off just fantastic, then the plot careens into the bounds of "Where the **** are we?" Like, Alex is barely explored, we never went to Bilibin, we never fixed the soarwing, the whole plot is the main 8 getting ****ed around by EVERYONE.

Almost all of the new characters suck the fat ***.

Karis is great, she's like a wonderful cross between Ivan and Mia. Excellent class sets, Pure Mage go go, 10/10.

Tyrell is a turd. I only kept him in my party until I got Sveta. He's like Garet except they're trying to over-milk everything that made Garet good, and it falls on its face and you just end hating his guts because he just pisses you off. Classes still mostly suck, he's only good as a Ronin for Quick Strike abuse.

Matthew is just fine. Traditional Venus clone of Isaac, and I love Isaac, so all is well. Master for justice.

Rief is so ungodly bland. He's just a clone, and he looks like Max from Pokemon. Benched as soon as I got Amiti.

Amiti, you had the potential to be awesome. Fantastic character development (ALEX'S SON, HELL YES), Pretty decent stats. Then you get crippled by an evolved form of Piers syndrome where you get no melee classes and only get Light Blades and Bows. What the hell, Camelot? Give us a goddamn mercury warrior already. I want a Mercury class that I can roll around as Luminier, maybe Ronin and all that jazz. I had him stuck with Mercury in his default class all game, just because that's the only one that didn't suck, and I hated Tyrell, Eoleo, Himi, and Rief.

Sveta is just wonderful. Great character development, FANTASTIC CONCEPT, Beastman class ***** face, Jupiter Warrior done RIGHT, she gets the right mix of classes to be legit melee. Probably my favorite new character.

Eoleo, I thought I would like you. You're a better Tyrell with a less ****ty personality, better stats, and better classes. Somehow, I just couldn't use you. No Long Blades for no apparent reason, awful portrait/sprites, and you just don't fit in with the rest of the cast. They're all like 19, and you're what, like 35? ****ing Pedo, man.

Himi, seriously, what the hell. Camelot takes a chance to make a great character, makes her join late, for basically no reason. Gives her the personality of a brick. She's never really involved. Venus mage is gimmicky as ****, and she's got caster base classes and caster stats, with a **** ton of melee classes for alts. I cannot fathom how Camelot keeps getting the stats and classes backwards. Give Himi mage classes, and give Amiti warrior classes. Stop failing. The only reason I don't hate Himi is because Weapon Grace is ********. She comes in turn 1, buffs Matthew, then switches out on turn 2.

So yeah, they failed with 4/8 characters just based on character design, and made a bunch of ******** design choices.

Points of no return are ***. Like, 15 missable Djinn or so? REALLY?

Unique Djinn sprites was an excellent idea, but caused the mild annoyance of no longer seeing them labeled by name in the menus, which means you have to remember all the shapes. Kind of pesky.

Here's another major beef I have. You recycled ALMOST EVERY ITEM IN THE GAME. The only new **** is Sveta's gear, Bows, and maybe one or two other items. The mastery system is dumb, and it made the weapons feel less unique as soon as they started overlapping.

Spinning us loose when we get the boat was ********. At least TLA gave us some idea where to go.

Furthermore, WHERE THE **** ARE ALL THE LOCATIONS FROM THE PAST? No Vault, No Kaylay, no Xian, no Altin, no Tolbi, NOTHING! All we got was Kolima randomly teleporting over to the east, and Champa getting ****ed in the ***! WHERE THE HELL DID ALL THE CIVILIZATIONS GO TO?! And how exactly are there thousands of random ancient ruins popping up in the center of a continental landmass that was always there?! Being locked to Angara and the North Sea was a kick in the ****, we can see Gondowan, but we can;t go there, Hesperia is off-limits, we didn't even TOUCH Prox.

No Lucky medals, no game tickets, no fun stuff? No Colosso? No Trial Road? Nothing?

Blados and Chalis are probably the worst villains ever. Blados is literally a carbon copy of a Naruto character, right down to using ****ing Shurikens and having a bigass sword. Chalis is just a wannabe succubus. Last boss was AWFUL. It wasn't a dragon, it had ONLY ONE HEAD.

Difficulty was all over the place. The entire first part of the game was a joke, then you get butt****ed by the Tuaparang soldiers who just stun you constantly when you have no healing, then the game is massively easy again, then the last boss is all of a sudden way harder then everything else. I haven't fought Dullahan yet, but Camelot probably ****ed that up too.

Another gripe. Why did 50% of the game have to have us neck-deep in furries? There was no conceivable reason for that. It wasn't an awful decision, but it was pretty pointless, and doesn't really add anything to the plot. It's poorly explained, poorly executed, and the "tension" it's supposed to build never amounts to anything besides keeping us out of Border Town's left side.

You guys didn't add ANY new classes really. Just some character specific knock-off classes. Pirate line is just a gimmicky Brute, Venus mage line is meh, only Sveta's is remotely interesting.

More plot gripes. Where the **** did psynergy vortexes go?! They show up for like, 3 scenes, then they just DISAPPEAR until the credits roll! What garbage is this?

The game feels bland, unpolished, and downright rushed. This is not what I expect for Camelot quality games, and you'd better hope you fix things in the
next one.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I haven't finished it yet... Just got the ice queen.

Yeah the game doesn't have the same kinda magic the first/second ones had, but its still enjoyable thus far.

I was just joking around with what I said before too :p

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Oh, you haven't finished? Don't read my rant then.

The problem with GS:DD is that it's entertaining as HELL when you play it, but then it just ends, and you're like, "THE ****?!"

You're still in the good section of the game.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Except GS1's plot actually made sense.

DD's is superbly ****ed, you'll know what I mean when you finish it.

tibs7

Smash Champion
I hvent read razieks rant but, I'm starting to get the feeling that I've almost finished the game :(

I seriously thought it would be longer! It was waaaay to easy....mmm

oh and Shaya about me asking about the job, I always ask because I think I remember you saying that you were gonna get a new job and some place and I never knew if you had said job, so whatever ~

and do not want to spend 100 for a girl that I've been going out for like a week...
And nah that isn't the customer I picked up, girl I work with.

Top Bottom