• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

Meta Knight
Snake
Wario
Falco
Diddy Kong
King Dedede

Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Pikachu
Olimar
Ice Climbers
R.o.b.
Kirby

Lucario
Zero Suit Samus
Toon Link
Pit
Donkey Kong

Peach
Luigi
Fox
Wolf
Sonic
Sheik

Bowser
Zelda
Pokémon Trainer
Ike

Lucas
Mario
Ness
Yoshi
Samus

Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf​

Booooooooom

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Any other good Aussie Marths?

Only one other has ever taken a match off me in a tournament set.
He's usually top 8 in his region's tournaments (down in Melbourne);

He's also a massive troll... DEKAR!

I'd probably be going to Mike's reasonably soon after arriving, if the DisneyLand drunkan Independance Day visit is still on the agenda. But do wish to check out L.A. a bit :O General early planning is set up by CAO, who I'm pretty sure has arranged housing and stuffs to cover us :D

So dawg, I heard Falco is countered by like 500 characters in brawl, and that Wario still loses to D3. LOLTIERLIST.

You're tier list is wrong though Xyro, it doesn't have Inui in Fail Tier.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I'm rather hurt that Inui is so low. I really think he has potential but too few use him that it's hard to tell if he'll ever rise above the ranks.

I wonder if there will ever be hacks to make Inui playable.

Erm...I expected Wario to get a boost...but wow.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
Big Thighs or Meta Knightmare are your best bets for a Marth alternative in TvC not taking into account whatever the 5 new secret characters are.
Lol. Big Thighs, o rly?

Well for now I'm playing Ryu and Roll (oh and also Gold Lightan, of course). I'm learning Meta Knightmare too though XD.

Wow at that star wars game... graphics are incredible, some parts look almost real.

Wait is that the June tier list? I was thinking that was either an old tier list or an edited tier list. I forgot it's already June. Wow time passes fast... XD

Wario, 3rd place? Are you effin joking me? And he can get infinited by like 5 different people!

THIS IS BLASHPHEMY!!!
THIS
IS

The mushroom kingdom!!!

§leepy God

Smash Master
Two Fire Emblem lords went down on the list. We got to step it up, (of course I'm part Ike and Marth main since I'm a fan of Fire Emblem).

Asimio

Smash Apprentice
Number Seven, noooo. One off from S tier.

Still though, with Wario being up there more people will take him up now. Thus, more grab release carnage for us.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Did anyone notice that characters in higher tiers can be ***** by character in the tier just below them? Its a patchy trend but its still there.
Sure, sure. But guess what?

Meta Knight! <3

All that really matters is how you measure up to him. That alone decides your tier placement more or less. If he's the ceiling that prevents you from succeeding, then you have no place in S tier when 'lesser' characters can actually win, have strategies and gimmicks to do so, and are not simply overshadowed by a better-self.

Why is Wario third anyways?
If you look past his grab release exploits, which are hard to pull off against him to begin with, he's a character with naturally good characteristics in this game. His aerial mobility allows him both excellent offensive and turtling weaving skills. His fart is practically unpunishable aside from player mistake (both SDs and putting yourself in a stupid position), and he both racks up damage and kills relatively easy. Also he has a above-mediocre recovery.

If you look at all that and disregard grab releases, he would undoubtedly be S tier sooner. Him being hyped as a MK CP and getting a large follower only helped him be placed there. But hype alone can never do it.

Tari

Smash Apprentice
If you look past his grab release exploits, which are hard to pull off against him to begin with, he's a character with naturally good characteristics in this game. His aerial mobility allows him both excellent offensive and turtling weaving skills. His fart is practically unpunishable aside from player mistake (both SDs and putting yourself in a stupid position), and he both racks up damage and kills relatively easy. Also he has a above-mediocre recovery.

If you look at all that and disregard grab releases, he would undoubtedly be S tier sooner. Him being hyped as a MK CP and getting a large follower only helped him be placed there. But hype alone can never do it.
I see.

*Goes to read the Wario vs Marth match-up thread for answers on how to beat Wario.*

Asimio

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone ever felt bad after WINNING against your friends to the point that they may no longer want to play?

Tari

Smash Apprentice
Has anyone ever felt bad after WINNING against your friends to the point that they may no longer want to play?
Yeah. And it actually happened. My major training partner wanted to quite after I got brutal kills on him, which were in fact all flukes. He quit soon after saying that he sucked. After about a day of trying to boost his confidence, I got him to play Brawl again.

KillL0ck

Smash Ace
I can play Snake and MK pretty **** good, I've never ditched Marth for them though. Marth's just too fun. I like the challenge.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Tari, you can't learn anything from CK unless you want to learn how to fight without a shield.

Asimio

Smash Apprentice
I've never felt bad when I beat an MK though, heh. I doubt anyone has.

Steel_Samurai

Smash Journeyman
My friend that lives near me plays casually, but somewhat competive
(the ruleset anyways)
Since I've started going to tournys and gotten a lot better, he only wants to play brawl+ now lol, its the only time i play it

VietGeek

Smash Hero
How did I use this thread's title as a sign that K-ON ep 10 had recently been uploaded and subbed?
Mugi needs to do Moe Moe Kyun one day.

Please Kadokawa Shoten...please make KyoAni do it.

So Umby...

how's your Marth...?

<______<

Wizard Of Seraphym

Smash Cadet
How did I use this thread's title as a sign that K-ON ep 10 had recently been uploaded and subbed?
dayum 10?! im still on 4...

so I leave for a couple of days and the tier list apparently breaks? wario srsly? I mean, sure, hes good, but not that good... (is still green)

and yeah I thought about seconding snake, but um Id'd prolly play aggro cause granade camping is boring. Yeah, no point winning if its only pushing Z's.

Top Bottom