• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
GUYS GUYS, breaking news: Mr-R beat Leon 6-0 today, all MK. Remember the "rain gimp"? Well, he abused it.

Only went Marth 1 round during the entire tourney, against me. Also Lord Chair and I beat him in teams (let me be proud).

PEACE7

Smash Champion
GUYS GUYS, breaking news: Mr-R beat Leon 6-0 today, all MK. Remember the "rain gimp"? Well, he abused it.

Only went Marth 1 round during the entire tourney, against me. Also Lord Chair and I beat him in teams (let me be proud).
Holy **** but man **** meaknight still congrats to m.r I take it he won the whole thing?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
There is really only one way to express how I feel about this...

Mr-R

Smash Champion
hahahahaha, don't worry nike, leon is probably the only top player i'd consider using mk against XD
so funny though, think 80 % of my kills were gimps ;D

ScareMl

Smash Journeyman
hahahahaha, don't worry nike, leon is probably the only top player i'd consider using mk against XD
so funny though, think 80 % of my kills were gimps ;D
Mr. R, if you switch to being an MK main, the world will never forgive you...

and what tourney was it? were vids saved?

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Mr. R, if you switch to being an MK main, the world will never forgive you...

and what tourney was it? were vids saved?
I never really was aiming for the best marth in the world, no what I'm aiming for is the best player in the world and realisticly speaking I cannot consistently win tourneys with marth only. That's why I'm picking up more characters ( not just mk ).
That being said, I'll probably use marth 90 % of the time anyway.

And yes all the vids have been saved on my wii, still looking for someone that's willing to record all of it though xD

ScareMl

Smash Journeyman
I never really was aiming for the best marth in the world, no what I'm aiming for is the best player in the world and realisticly speaking I cannot consistently win tourneys with marth only. That's why I'm picking up more characters ( not just mk ).

And yes all the vids have been saved on my wii, still looking for someone that's willing to record all of it though xD
ah gotcha, you're like ally, picking up diff. characters and now both of you are winning everything. gj btw beating leon for like the 5th straight set. and don't let whatever noob who's recording the bib2 vids record your vids, they'll never make it onto youtube haha

Orion*

Smash Researcher

but you will still use marth on me :glare:

yo send me the replays please

Lord Chair

Smash Master
ah gotcha, you're like ally, picking up diff. characters and now both of you are winning everything. gj btw beating leon for like the 5th straight set. and don't let whatever noob who's recording the bib2 vids record your vids, they'll never make it onto youtube haha
die in a fire scrub

Player-3

Smash Hero
wow i opened the social and go to a different tab and start hearing this music and for a few seconds i'm just

what teh **** is this ****

then realize

"oh shaya probobly linked some moe kawaii anime music video type thing again"

∫unk

Smash Master
hey I dunno the marth vs snake matchup, but when I play ddd vs snake whenever I see snake do something with a second nade I know he can't strip the first one so sometimes I use it to help my approach. snake is really open when he pulls out a nade he can only dodge block and grab and the nade doesn't detonate for a while so try to pressure him then.

I think you got hit by too many b-airs and tried f-smash too much. maybe block a little more when they're landing (it's okay if snake lands you'll get another opportunity, imo more important to avoid "free" punishments that happen when you whiff big attacks), also block will let you up b or punish oos which I think is easier to punish with than a raw f-smash

also you got hit by way too many f-tilts. i dunno how marth avoids that but yeah.

--

any sc2 players you should join me and minty ^^ we'll have a marthboards team

Nike.

Smash Hero
Dang, that was fun to watch. We kind of play the same Minty, except that your better lol. I played Bizkit at MLG Dallas. Didn't know how good he was at the time, which is prolly why I didn't do too bad (not as much pressure I guess lol). Anyway, I know how he plays because of that set, so maybe I could help out.

• I'm a pretty impatient Marth when I'm on the ledge, but your alot worse lol. If your holding the ledge and he's waiting for you, take your time. Snake's ftilt has that deceptive range if you try to ledge hop nair/fair, and you end up getting hit back off stage (and without your jump). What also sucks is if Snake pulls a grenade with his back turned towards you and you wanna tipper him with an aerial. Don't do it. He's gonna time the shield/roll, and you only end up hitting the grenade. Take your time in these moments. Your goal should simply be to safely land, not try to hit him if he's right there.
  • Bizkit is quirky when recovering, but it works for him because it's hard to expect the random options lol (MVD is EXACTLY like this as well, so watch out if you ever play him). He likes to throw a grenade after his double jump so that he can upb afterwards and force you away from where he want's to land. Obv don't get his by the grenade, but force your spacing so that you can still intercept him before he touches the ground. Bizkit LOVES his falling bairs at the very last moment when you think he's going to land with an air dodge or breversal grenade. It catches you off guard, and then he's safely on the ground. Very infuriating lol. Remember that shieldgrab or counter beats this.
  • The other thing I noticed. He likes to opt for a double jump -> nair sometimes instead of immediate upb. When fast falled, this thing is actually pretty dangerous. Your not only thrown off by the timing of it, but you try to wait it out and cover the landing, only to find out that he auto-canceled it and your punish was powershielded. Unless your amazing with your spacing to beat his nair with your aerial move, try to get right below his nair then counter. It hits him back out to reset the situation (since he still doesnt have a jump). You coulddd also upb to make a trade, but your aerial momentum drastically worsens til you use an aerial (and you now have RCO).
  • The fsmash to beat his air dodge. Requires good timing (stupiddddddd phantom powershields) for a not so far knockback (unless it's tippered). I think you went 1/2 on these in the set, with you getting punished for the one that got powershielded. Unless you KNOW it's going to be a **** tipper, I suggest using dtilt instead. Less lag, doesn't hit the grenade if he pulled it last second and you both trade, and it puts him on the ledge (or if your lucky below the stage for a **** moment lol). The one time he did come from the ledge, you punished him perfectly. I think your game in this part is really good, and you could exploit it even more. If your punish move on his air dodge will put him off stage, try dtilt instead of fsmash.

I'm so glad you have a set up that's not against MK/IC's or on rainbow cruise. Your my favorite marth to watch, so this was pure candy.

EDIT: Actually, I just watched your set against Dekillsage. You did most of those exact things against him perfectly lol. Maybe there was an intimidation factor cuz it was Bizkit (?) but your play seemed alot better in this other set.

clowsui

Smash Legend
Man Nike your grammar is killing me.

Your and you're are different

other than that I think he used a lot more dtilt than you think he did o_O

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
wow i opened the social and go to a different tab and start hearing this music and for a few seconds i'm just

what teh **** is this ****

then realize

"oh shaya probobly linked some moe kawaii anime music video type thing again"
This was the exact same response I had.

I even freaked out when I was still hearing it while making this response, but then remembered that shoutouts are below the response box when you go advanced.

At least I'm not going crazy.

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
Nike, I love you so much for all that

Thanks dude. as bad as it sounds, I did kinda have an intidimation thing when I played bizkit, for some reason I kept thinking, oh **** this guy almost beat m2k looool. I also kind of have a mini history of losing to snakes, it seems I lose to the majority of them when we play. (fatal, mikeray, bizkit, ect) (namesearch lolol)

I feel bad that you wrote all that and I really don't know what to say N_N. It's so hard to punish him everytime when he's in the air, grenades / b reversals cover so much and if I mess up I usually eat an f-tilt. I really like what you said about just shielding though, I'm def gonna read this before I have to play a snake again ;P

thanks man

C.J.

Smash Master
Unless you are 100% sure it will hit IC (i.e. they will not of can no shield it), do NOT tipper your fairs. If they shield it you will be stuck in hitlag forever thus allowing you to get grabbed easier. Basically, it just slows you down too much.

If you've already used your second jump, and you're falling and you're going to get grabbed, don't land w/ an aerial or an air dodge. Instead wait until the last possible moment before you hit the ground and then DS. In order for IC to grab your landing they have to input the grab before you land and then the grab will connect with you during your invincibility frames and then you get to hit them away! The risk is essentially 0 too. The biggest punishment IC can get on you is a grab, and if you're going to get grabbed anyway, you risk nothing and gain everything.

nair beats their blizzard from an angle, fair MIGHT (I wouldn't try it), jumping into their blizzard w/ counter works too.

bair/uair **** their side-B as a recovery option (and should separate them fairly well), nair if they're on the ground should work as well.

When they up-B, popo is invincible while nana isn't. Drop off the ledge and reverse DS back to the ledge and hit nana in the process. It's kinda risky but rewards are fairly high.

Top Bottom