• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I wouldn't say Bjay's Marth got close to the level of skill with Marth as we saw Leon have at around the same time - not to say Bjay's a bad player or anything, he's quite good although he 'hurts' himself in his games too often.

But take Ramin.
He can beat Leon (and has recently - I believe) in the dittos, now he's expanding onto being able to with other characters. Did Bjay ever beat Leon in the dittos when he mained him? I'm not sure.

It's funny because when I was no.1 in my scene (quite strongly), and my training partner would always get second - I'd always use secondaries to beat him in tournament - Dedede, Falco, MK, etc etc (even though its a lot easier to win with those characters against PT than another high tier - sure... I suppose for a bit I did against our scene's wario, but it didn't seem as bad).

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
You know too much!

I do want to be the best still... but it's almost impossible - I guess I could do like 8 hour days of CPU matches or something.. I'd have tight execution but I'd be **** at every match up.
AND Do I event want to work for that? I'd have to somehow be able to play this game for more than an hour or so and not want to stop for the day. BLEH. Being good in smash takes much too much practice.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Yes it does, you simply have no idea because you never played the game at top level :)
You don't have to play 8 hours a day every day to be top level in this game.

Even once a week at smashfests is sufficient enough. And possibly working out technical kinks you notice at them in training.

∫unk

Smash Master
That's false. Snake can strip nades with both of them out. He can also make you throw the nade. Which i find hilarious to see. Cuz you'll have it in hand and all of a sudden it flies out of your hand

what's cool about it is if character x is facing ---> and snake is facing <---- if he strip throws it the nade will go <---- not ----->
He can make you throw the nade?! he can strip both after doing something with the second one? I don't know either of these techniques can someone explain.

I'm talking about picking up the first after you see him do something with the second. The window is small but it's a free projectile on your end of the approach.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
You don't have to play 8 hours a day every day to be top level in this game.

Even once a week at smashfests is sufficient enough. And possibly working out technical kinks you notice at them in training.
So... what's your rank on the FL PR?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
He can make you throw the nade?! he can strip both after doing something with the second one? I don't know either of these techniques can someone explain.

I'm talking about picking up the first after you see him do something with the second. The window is small but it's a free projectile on your end of the approach.
Ya basically, when u have a nade and snake shield drops a nade it's not that specific action that is the WHOLE reason it happens. He controls nades while they are on the field. So say for example your holding a nade, as long as i hit b(with or without 2 on the field already) you'll throw the nade in the direction it WOULD HAVE GONE but with no animation. So to answer your question AFAIK he can't STRIP if both nades are out but he CAN prevent them from being used against him rather easily.
So... what's your rank on the FL PR?
Mid-level. But that's irrelevant. For several reasons.I'm way newer compared to seibz, hrnut, lade, and crew. I've switched characters every 2-3 months since i started, only recently finding who i like and started training them. And cuz i use to not even be able to play once a week if that till recently due to me moving out and on my own.

I've made good progress these past few months just from studying myself. That's all you have to do. Don't sandbag at tournaments, friendlies or not, study the matches several times over. Repeat during next tourney. It stacks up. I'm sorry some people have bad tech skill and think they have to play for 8 hours to have something put into muscle memory or to be able to buffer several things properly.

Also, are u like lord chairs lackey or something? You always pop up everywhere he does.

If your gonna sit here and ****-faced lie that you have to play 8 hours everyday to be good then you are obviously not in the right game. Go play some mario party.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Ya basically, when u have a nade and snake shield drops a nade it's not that specific action that is the WHOLE reason it happens. He controls nades while they are on the field. So say for example your holding a nade, as long as i hit b(with or without 2 on the field already) you'll throw the nade in the direction it WOULD HAVE GONE but with no animation. So to answer your question AFAIK he can't STRIP if both nades are out but he CAN prevent them from being used against him rather easily.

Mid-level. But that's irrelevant. For several reasons.I'm way newer compared to seibz, hrnut, lade, and crew. I've switched characters every 2-3 months since i started, only recently finding who i like and started training them. And cuz i use to not even be able to play once a week if that till recently due to me moving out and on my own.

I've made good progress these past few months just from studying myself. That's all you have to do. Don't sandbag at tournaments, friendlies or not, study the matches several times over. Repeat during next tourney. It stacks up. I'm sorry some people have bad tech skill and think they have to play for 8 hours to have something put into muscle memory or to be able to buffer several things properly.

Also, are u like lord chairs lackey or something? You always pop up everywhere he does.

If your gonna sit here and ****-faced lie that you have to play 8 hours everyday to be good then you are obviously not in the right game. Go play some mario party.
I'm a MK player who's p good at teams. I'm also way better than you. And Lord Chair is my apprentice.

Edit: LAWL. I don't even play the game, unless it's at tourneys (which are like bimonthly) or smashfest (never happen). My wii is broken, so I never practice anything. Lazy as ****, but p talented. Compared to me you are addicted to brawl.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I'm a MK player who's p good at teams. I'm also way better than you. And Lord Chair is my apprentice.

Edit: LAWL. I don't even play the game, unless it's at tourneys (which are like bimonthly) or smashfest (never happen). My wii is broken, so I never practice anything. Lazy as ****, but p talented. Compared to me you are addicted to brawl.
Coming to apex? If so, put your money where your mouth is.

The bolded part summarizes Florida's entire smash scene. Including me. Every once in a while 1-3 ppl of CFL get together to hang out and/or smash. Other than that it's all tourneys.(Side note: Shoutout to GDX for setting up a weekly smashfest venue starting next week :)) Haha ok. Mk. Makes sense. All you have to know is spacing, buffering, how to properly auto-cancel your moves, how to gimp and mu. You have 0 even remotely difficult ATs. AND THIS IS BRAWL! That and the fact that every one of those is god damn easy and doesn't require a fragment of a day's time. Each of those are also quite easy to master through tourney experience.

Like you said. You're "p talented". Which brings me back to my point, if someone even has an average level of tech skill the whole "YOU MUST TRAIN EVERYDAY IN YOUR BRAWL FORT AND MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS PIXEL PERFECT!" is completely heinous.

Practice makes perfect.
But as long as you go to your tourneys YOU ARE GOING TO PROGRESS and YOU ARE ABLE TO BE TOPS.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Coming to apex? If so, put your money where your mouth is.

The bolded part summarizes Florida's entire smash scene. Including me. Every once in a while 1-3 ppl of CFL get together to hang out and/or smash. Other than that it's all tourneys.(Side note: Shoutout to GDX for setting up a weekly smashfest venue starting next week :)) Haha ok. Mk. Makes sense. All you have to know is spacing, buffering, how to properly auto-cancel your moves, how to gimp and mu. You have 0 even remotely difficult ATs. AND THIS IS BRAWL! That and the fact that every one of those is god damn easy and doesn't require a fragment of a day's time. Each of those are also quite easy to master through tourney experience.

Like you said. You're "p talented". Which brings me back to my point, if someone even has an average level of tech skill the whole "YOU MUST TRAIN EVERYDAY IN YOUR BRAWL FORT AND MAKE SURE EVERYTHING IS PIXEL PERFECT!" is completely heinous.

Practice makes perfect.
But as long as you go to your tourneys YOU ARE GOING TO PROGRESS and YOU ARE ABLE TO BE TOPS.
1) My scene is way less active than yours, even tourney activity proves that. While FL might be inactive compared to the rest of the US, it's still p actice.

2) THEN WHY THE **** AREN'T YOU RANKED

∫unk

Smash Master
oh I see I didn't know cool

there's lag on the nade 3 animation right? and all that happens is the nade is stripped?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
1) My scene is way less active than yours, even tourney activity proves that. While FL might be inactive compared to the rest of the US, it's still p actice.

2) THEN WHY THE **** AREN'T YOU RANKED
Way less active? WAY LESS ACTIVE?! You know how rare it is for all of Fl to get together? Most of my tourneys consist of playing people NOT on the PR. Most of our tourneys max out at 20. Central Florida+tampa(tampa is lade(redH) and his pupils). As for why i'm not ranked i told you already. I'm 2010 player competing with 08 players. They have a huge time advantage over me. YET I'M STILL GETTING BETTER AND CLOSER! I never get to play someone that can consistently punish my mistakes. Which is how a player can best advance. Only now, that i'm in college, can I legitimately make the effort to push myself in smash. And tbh, i'm aiming for that ****. Smash is important to me. I enjoy it and i'm a naturally competitive person. So now that i have the opportunity i'm taking advantage of it. I use to be as bad as Jbgamer or snakelord2200. And i still wasn't that much better till like....6 months ago? When i actually started caring about this ****(due to finding a crew in my area). Only once i started studying my vids did my eyes open. And now i'm progressing faster than i ever had before.

I can list many ****ing players that have made names for themselves without playing 8 hours a day or even everyday as far as that is concerned. Only thing i can agree with is you have to think about smash to get better. Oft times i find myself thinking about a video or something or how i could fix a problem i have when i'm bored or walking from classes or to the grocery store or about simple new ideas that randomly pop into my head. I will agree to that. But GDFO HERE with that BS that you need to obsess over this game and play it THAT much.

Go to tourneys.
Don't sandbag in friendlies at tournies.
Study your vids AND only your vids. Unless your completely new to a character in which case study others vids till you get the gist of said character.
And if you want go to weekly smashfests.

You get what you put into the game. If you make an effort to play better people. You will get better. If you learn from your mistakes and seek advice, you will get better. However, there's definitely an over-saturation point in which the beneficial effects of training(ALOOOOONE or w/ppl(LOL Good luck finding someone to play that much EVERYDAY)) are so minuscule that you might as well not waste your time on that.

oh I see I didn't know cool

there's lag on the nade 3 animation right? and all that happens is the nade is stripped?
Ya but if your close enough to punish it the snake would be better off using utilt, dash attacking, or boost pivot grabbing. Cuz the lag isn't THAT much.

If anything i'd just focus on instant tossing them back. That's your bet to guarantee he can't do some form of stripping.

I actually plan on having somethings tested with that/testing myself. Cuz if someone throws it i want to know if it still throws back even though it's mid air. That'd be broken as **** haha.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
stfu jumpman you bad

kuro's arguments all invalid tho idc florida scene step yo game up yo

lol@asking europeans if they going to apex

YO KURO YOU GOING TO MSN3!?!??!?!?! OH UR NOT MUST BE CUZ IT COSTS OVER 1.2K TO MAKE A TRIP LIKE THAT ITS COOL THO I KNOW HOW IT FEELS

you guys are all bad and should be ashamed for even making attempts of discussing this game at a high level includes neo and kuro at least shaya knows what he's talking about ****ing neo be all like f yeaaaah niggs camping with marf is bad derp herp 2008 super advice oh **** is gotta camp with marf k

honestly tho its the sort of senseless discussion that can never be backed up with anything because you dont accept european results and we dont accept american johns

if you think youre worth something idc because even americans say nothing in the world proves anything unless its a tournament match or a 50 dollar MM and no one in europe will ever say anything proves anything unless its a 5 euro MM (derpherp) or a losers bracket match (because obv every pro picks secondaries in winners here, 's how we roll)

all in all stop regurgitating stuff unless you actually know how to make sense and tbh 99% of you guys fail at that so you might as well make this world a better place by listening to those with a bit of sense kthnx

Player-3

Smash Hero
stfu jumpman you bad

kuro's arguments all invalid tho idc florida scene step yo game up yo

lol@asking europeans if they going to apex

YO KURO YOU GOING TO MSN3!?!??!?!?! OH UR NOT MUST BE CUZ IT COSTS OVER 1.2K TO MAKE A TRIP LIKE THAT ITS COOL THO I KNOW HOW IT FEELS

you guys are all bad and should be ashamed for even making attempts of discussing this game at a high level includes neo and kuro at least shaya knows what he's talking about ****ing neo be all like f yeaaaah niggs camping with marf is bad derp herp 2008 super advice oh **** is gotta camp with marf k

honestly tho its the sort of senseless discussion that can never be backed up with anything because you dont accept european results and we dont accept american johns

if you think youre worth something idc because even americans say nothing in the world proves anything unless its a tournament match or a 50 dollar MM and no one in europe will ever say anything proves anything unless its a 5 euro MM (derpherp) or a losers bracket match (because obv every pro picks secondaries in winners here, 's how we roll)

all in all stop regurgitating stuff unless you actually know how to make sense and tbh 99% of you guys fail at that so you might as well make this world a better place by listening to those with a bit of sense kthnx
tl dr

chair ****s on america

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
No need to flame each other... even though its pretty tame atm... it could get worse. LETS NOT HAVE THAT HAPPEN KTHX?

Kuro, it is drastically easier to improve by playing with people considerably better than you than it is to already be "the best" in your scene and wanting to improve. People who are already in the topish areas don't over come each other over night. I was no.1 in my scene for like 2 years straight and it took about 6 months of not playing the game until people caught up - if I had kept playing they would have caught up faster + I would have probably kept up. You know M2K practices hours a day right? Well, he does when he can and its a tournament he wants to win. Being "around the same level as your opponents" doesn't require 8 hours practice a day - but being "stupidly better than your regular opponents" requires A LOT OF EFFORT.

Like I got to practice every day (for quite a few hours) with Havok and off playing with other really good players. And because of that I was able to improve quickly - but I was putting like 8 hours a day of practice and around that time people in Cali were playing every day, almost without fail. You may have already come too late to actually get caught up in that fizzle - everyone got to a level at which you're "pretty good" and only minor practice keeps you there, and not many want to actually break through from where they are because they know how much effort that will take.

Top Bottom