• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I blame the country for putting the same person in charge twice :troll:

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I might join if I get over my fear of oversea lag

AND HSDGZSFDHGDZFH @ REI THATS SO FUKING AWESOME

Orion*

Smash Researcher
i said i didnt care
Yo. That's definitely some **** a woman would say LMAOOO.

Shoutouts to tall *****s with big heads. (me included) no homo
No, I honestly do think US is better as a whole. I'm not ********, there's a whole country with much larger tournaments more often. There's just harder and better competition, it. There's also larger skill gaps between players of different levels. To be honest, most players are barely willing to travel or at this point are ready to quit...

That still doesn't mean EU is incapable of competing with the US though.

no im not hating but wtf cut the guys some slack ive personally watched the discussions on german smashboards about the uploading issues and its not like theyre being lazy or otherwise *******es, believe me
It's not that hard to find a uploader. Literally just ask like randoms on SWF and you can get it done, especially if it's a large tournament like this.
]

Lord Chair

Smash Master
the problem was that the person who was supposed to upload them failed even to make a copy of the replays and send them to others who wouldve been able to do it instead

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
he did bad things to me mangz.

didn't **** me as hard as the last time we played, so that means improvement! Even if just a bit.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I haven't played him in a few months. I just remember that his shield habits were somewhat easy to pick up on, so I got a lot of damage off of grab releases. And that I had to play suuuuuper safe ALL THE TIME.

V

Smash Ace
I still use him. I'll never drop him. I quit maining MK to main Marth.

Not like I matter though.

:phone:

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
who hasn't dropped marth?

nike and leon.
that's all that's left.
Not using only Marth doesn't = dropping Marth, nub.

Marth is a read heavy/execution heavy character.

The risky -insert Up-b/Smash/whatever unsafe option here- is only good if it hits, if it doesn't hit then it's "bad" or "Why would he do that?"

However, if you're too safe then you probably won't yield positive results at a higher level of play.

If you don't get the read, you lose.
If you don't execute perfectly, you lose.

That doesn't apply to any character as potently as it does to Marth and **** is not always going to go your way. Some Marth reads are dependent on situations people are/aren't aware of etc.

All in all nobody has won going all Marth in a developed metagame ever, Melee included. Ken's dominance halted once the metagame improved and he was even forced to pick-up Fox (a projectile character he camped with)

Having seconds isn't a bad thing, especially if you're a player like Leon who isn't particularly good against the counter-defensive play that Ramin has been using against him (Also, I ****ing called Ramin eventually beating him employing a counter-defensive strategy. Don't make me find the post)

Mr-R

Smash Champion
I don't know what it is about EU players but Ramin and one other guy whose name I can't remember seem to be among the few reasonable and level-headed posters among you guys. The rest of you guys just fan and flame.

Anyways we've acknowledged that Leon is good, without a doubt, but even RAMIN has been noticing lately the drawbacks of Europe's generally overly aggressive play on an engine like Brawl.

IMO Ramin if you perfect your execution and maintain a level head you can be on top again. It's only a matter of time before players like Staco with 0 defensive capabilities and posts like "All American MK's suck vs Marth" start setting themselves back with their own ignorance.

GG's
yeaaaaaaaa, I love how when I play snake in tourney, I still main marth but when I play mk once, all of a sudden I ''dropped him''

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
yeaaaaaaaa, I love how when I play snake in tourney, I still main marth but when I play mk once, all of a sudden I ''dropped him''
Neo took my sarcasm and made it into something that seems a bit offensive to you or something?

It's "MK" in the sense of he was our bane for sooooooooooooo long. And its been done a thousand times if not more: "marth main drops marth or stops using marth as much for MK" - when you're the marth main hero and you pop out the BANE OF OUR EXISTENCE people are probably going to ride on it a little.

Do we still give havok slack for using mk? yeah sometimes, but it isn't serious :glare:

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Neo took my sarcasm and made it into something that seems a bit offensive to you or something?

It's "MK" in the sense of he was our bane for sooooooooooooo long. And its been done a thousand times if not more: "marth main drops marth or stops using marth as much for MK" - when you're the marth main hero and you pop out the BANE OF OUR EXISTENCE people are probably going to ride on it a little.

Do we still give havok slack for using mk? yeah sometimes, but it isn't serious :glare:
Why you even replying to Ramin's post? He's just agreeing with Neo, telling him what he wants to hear.

Player-3

Smash Hero
if it makes me seem any cooler i'm dropping him to main fox

placed 9th with only fox yesterday lulz

went marth in one game and got roflstomped by a TL because my execution was utter trash from playing so much fox

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Why you even replying to Ramin's post? He's just agreeing with Neo, telling him what he wants to hear.
You say that as if my post wasn't insightful and was bashing people.

"What I want to hear."

Nobody likes you Jumpman, you have the most useless posts.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I haven't used MK in tourney since June. Can I join the club again?

Top Bottom