• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
I'll be on next weekend.

"Europe is renowned for XY" has the same meaning as "I don't actually know whether it's true or not but I pretend to do so". Just because 999 ignorant americans claim that it's the case without actually *knowing* whether it's true or not doesn't make you any less ignorant for being the 1000th ignorant american that doesn't know whether it's true or not but pretends to do it regardless.

:059:
Now it's only America that claims Europe is aggressive?

Gee willikers it's like Europe changes with your every post!

clowsui

Smash Legend
everyone in marth social should start reading hunter x hunter

i feel like i'm the only smasher whose a fan of this anime/manga despite it being written by the same guy who did yu yu hakusho :c

yes jun i was reminded of this when i saw your username LOL

BladeWise

Smash Lord
Viewing Thread: Bladewise

You should post here more!
hahaha, perhaps.
The topic title makes me chuckle. I've spent hours and hours and hours training against MK, figuring out how to beat/react to all of his attacks, only to lose to MK's who don't train against Marth, thus leading me to consider dropping Marth. But I don't, because he's fun and I have to also divide my time with Melee.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
If you're a wimp, maybe.

Oh hey, another post popped up in between...

V

Smash Ace
Stages don't change his frame data or his character traits. How often do you see MKs winning because of those two stages. He ****ing wins on SV. I say ban those two stages and MK as well and the problem is fixed.

:phone:

Reizilla

*looks at character postbit*

Yeah, I'm not seeing anything worthwhile.

V

Smash Ace
People have been saying man up for 3 years and look at the few people who have. Maybe you should all realize that while MK might not be truly broken he's borderline enough to harm the metagame and overcentralize it and that should be enough to ban him.

Reizilla

What you said:

People have been saying man up for 3 years and look at the few people who have. Maybe you should all realize that while MK might not be truly broken he's borderline enough to harm the metagame and overcentralize it and that should be enough to ban him.

What you meant to say:

V

Smash Ace
Nope I said what I meant. Look at every fighting game that doesn't have an MK like character in their game and look at how healthy their competitive scene is (not necessarily size) and the health of its community and compare it to brawl. Its painfully obvious he's an issue for this community in every aspect and the majority of people who want him around are the people that play him or don't have an issue with him. We should at the very least have a temp ban and have a major national during the ban and see the results. Seriously what would it hurt to try? What happens if Apex is just another tourney where MK takes 5 of the top 10 spots? Just test it. Seriously.

Metakill

Smash Journeyman
I miss marth :(
I miss when I used to be a Marth mainer...
****ing bat....

love you all Marth mainers... please don't fall at the dark side and pick mk... please.. i was to weak.

anyway... hi

Reizilla

Nope I said what I meant. Look at every fighting game that doesn't have an MK like character in their game and look at how healthy their competitive scene is (not necessarily size) and the health of its community and compare it to brawl. Its painfully obvious he's an issue for this community in every aspect and the majority of people who want him around are the people that play him or don't have an issue with him. We should at the very least have a temp ban and have a major national during the ban and see the results. Seriously what would it hurt to try? What happens if Apex is just another tourney where MK takes 5 of the top 10 spots? Just test it. Seriously.

I think Brawl's community is just comprised of a bunch of lazy, whiny brats and it'll keep hurting itself with or without MK. 3rd Strike Chun was easily more OP than MK. That game thrived.

V

Smash Ace
Probably because this game's engine isn't competitive to begin with.

Reizilla

This game's engine allows for a winner to be determined between two players based on a certain set of skills with minimal random factors. Sounds competitive to me.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
**** mk but idk if I would want him banned the feeling of beating someone who uses him with a character that's supposed to lose to him is soooo good

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Lets not turn this into a "whether mk should be banned" discussion, I'm not saying it's justified.

What I am saying is that there's so much community dissatisfaction with him, when combined with the data that currently exists (most notably john number's data about exactly how much money mk does win) that I don't see any realistic possibility that it won't happen in the near future, regardless of whether it's justified or not.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
V you're acting like based off of his frame data he's some untouchable monster.

Had you actually studied his frame data you'd know that 90% of the moves he has are all punishable, but I guess you knew that right? I mean you were bringing up his frame data.......right?

Him winning on Neutrals don't mean anything, if you aren't as skilled as the players you are playing you are bound to lose regardless or characters being played. And if it weren't true certain high end players wouldn't be able to go there random *** secondaries and beat or only lose close games because they aren't even well versed in the characters. There are tons of examples with this, Anti, Ally, Atomsk all do this

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
You know, rather then veering off into "should he be banned" territory we could talk about whether he's not gonna be banned based on things like demographics of the brawl community, the bbrc's release of an official mk banned tournament variation, things like that, ok?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
This game's engine allows for a winner to be determined between two players based on a certain set of skills with minimal random factors. Sounds competitive to me.
Competition is undeniable.
Intent is dismissible.
Validity is to one's own.

It is not always :010::011::012:
It is not always :048::049:

Some think it should be :010::011::049:
Some think it should have been :048::012:

But why is it not? The world does not know. The world may never know. The world does not need to know.

The world does not have to know.

Sometimes :048: is more :012: than :012:

Top Bottom