• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

V

Smash Ace
I'm sorry kadaj but I've 3 stocked people in tourney and then they pull out MK and instantly compete with me.

:phone:

V

Smash Ace
I do have mk's to practice with my and I know the mu very well my main problem is I need caffeine to boost my reaction time a little and to help me focus more. If I haven't eaten and don't have coffee, which happens a lot, then I suck vs mk's in tourney. I have a.d.d. so caffeine helps me focus rather than making me hyper.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
kadaj doesnt get that marth does better against MK than every other character in the game, it skews his thinking

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Viet, why do I love you so much? I'm sigging that when I get to my desktop.

Kadaj is hitting it right on the money. MK is one of my best matchups, relatively. But that's only because of the work I've put in. The matchup is far from unwinnable, even with Rainbow and Brinstar legal.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I'm kinda confused on how all marth mains view our 3 hard matchups.

It's like:
Some of us hate MK and think him ****** Marth is the only thing holding us back (Me, Mintyflesh)
The Diddy Hater Tribe (Shaya, clowsui)
Those that hate Dedede and actually use other characters because of such dislike (Ramin)

What does everyone think of the order of difficulty between the 3?
I think mine would be MK (hardest, but I suck) -> Diddy (middle, ehh) -> Dedede (easiest, almost even)

Reizilla

Is this the first thread to hit the 30,000 mark?

No, Project:m.
Houston/Connecticut threads were well past 30k when the P:M thread started.

Ponies hit 30k like 2 weeks ago :B

I'm kinda confused on how all marth mains view our 3 hard matchups.

It's like:
Some of us hate MK and think him ****** Marth is the only thing holding us back (Me, Mintyflesh)
The Diddy Hater Tribe (Shaya, clowsui)
Those that hate Dedede and actually use other characters because of such dislike (Ramin)

What does everyone think of the order of difficulty between the 3?
I think mine would be MK (hardest, but I suck) -> Diddy (middle, ehh) -> Dedede (easiest, almost even)
Diddy - DDD - MK

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Diddy has been a pretty frustrating match up for a while, and at the same time I've been able to handle just about any MK or Dedede that's been thrown at me in Australia for the past year - and I'm not even consistent at grab releasing any more (let alone dair), I just know how to camp both MK and Dedede.

∫unk

Smash Master
Diddy has been a pretty frustrating match up for a while, and at the same time I've been able to handle just about any MK or Dedede that's been thrown at me in Australia for the past year - and I'm not even consistent at grab releasing any more (let alone dair), I just know how to camp both MK and Dedede.
well I know how to throw gordos!

etecoon

Smash Hero
diddy makes me hate life and I can't even really character CP him, my MK is bad against diddy too and my snake only works on bad diddys

clowsui

Smash Legend
I'm pretty close to being converted to non-Diddy hater b/c CJ...I need to see some solid footage of that **** happening though. I mean Diddy Kong MIGHT not be the devil but it sure is gay to get punished on block for everything and anything you do and get ****ed up by a bunch of random BS while you work your *** off for reads. AZ had like the most linear strategy against my Marth...it's true that he's a better player but I swear I knew exactly what he was going to do 70-80% of the time and could not punish it because Diddy is homo. I lost a $5 MM to him in May that way, still makes me mad.

As for DDD, it's kind of sad that the BOA strat from like 2008 still works where you max space retreating nair on their shield. If you get both hits you automatically create mixup on their block (they can't PS both hits) and then you get away with cool things when you condition them to respect it. Crossups are also fairly good on DDD iirc. It's annoying what DDD can do to you w/ CG + offstage, which is the only reason why I'd think it's a -1.

MK...idk. Marth has an answer for a lot of what he does but it sucks because MK has ninety bajillion options so you either have to have 'instinct', extremely good reactions or strong reads. Once you have the lead, camping MK isn't even that effective lol

C.J.

Smash Master
For what it's worth, I'm doing a DDD version of what I did for Diddy atm.

But to answer the question
MK>DDD>>Diddy

Albert.

Smash Master
I know I'm really late to the party on the whole EU-US debatething

but why the frak is it even a debate? Why do you EU peoples even care.

It is a main tenant of any main field of study that one must put away thou ego in order to improve at a skill (the game), or debate, on a subject.

The regional wars would be a lot less grating if people were just objective.

Also, I browsed the rest of smashboards and it's either a ghost town or it's idiots sharpening rocks.

Marth boards is the only non-****ty area.

Reizilla

Yeah, good thing we already agreed that EU sucks because they're all a bunch of aggro hippies thhat play thhe same and get 65th at US regionals.

KillLock

Smash Lord
I actually like the Diddy mu for Marth. Same with the Dedede mu. MK can be pretty fun as well.

Then again this is coming from a guy who likes to play on Rainbow cruise with Snake. Can't CP me suckas.

Nike.

Smash Hero
I watched your recents matches against Darren's Falco/Peach.
Why in gods name do you even use Snake/MK? Your marth is too sexy.

KillLock

Smash Lord
I watched your recents matches against Darren's Falco/Peach.
Why in gods name do you even use Snake/MK? Your marth is too sexy.
Haha, thanks. I guess you could say my reasons are the same as Ramins. Being good with a multitude of characters is always nice to have in your arsenal :)

∫unk

Smash Master
Everyone and their mother who uses dedede throws at least 5 gordos a match here.
You wouldn't even need one to beat me though :urg:
i need that australian luck!!!

lol duh i only need n-air to beat you! body slam for 3 stocks straight

Haha, thanks. I guess you could say my reasons are the same as Ramins. Being good with a multitude of characters is always nice to have in your arsenal :)
we're gonna see each other in tournament soon! i haven't seen videos but i hear you're good so i'm excited

Roxas M

Smash Master
MK >>>>> Diddy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Dedede

IMO.

I agree with this.

Then again I haven't played a D3 in ages so once I do play one again I'm pretty sure my opinion will change.

MK is just hard as a character

Diddy is hard due do the fact that he can wall you to hell and back and you can't do anything unless you make the Diddy drop the controller.

Top Bottom