• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

VietGeek

Smash Hero
and so waka ran to his house only to see it burned to the ground.
his entire life and family in ashes, the only answer he could provide to the firemen was

wakaran.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Got 13th out of 48.
Lost to Denti and K Prime. There both top10 in TX and placed in the money at HOBO (they also beat Trela) so I'm happy with that placing.
I did beat shadowpj in losers, though. He's ranked above me on the TXPR, so I guess I pulled an upset. Sad it wasn't recorded :(

I'm just really happy that I didn't play any MK's in tourney lol.
There was a Link main who went pocket MK the entire tourney. He timed out most of his sets and got 5th, beating Illmatic and Poltergust.

I went like 4-3 on money matches. Lost to Razer (Bo5 for $10), Vinnies MK for $5, and Jerm for $5 (he avenged PJ lol).
Tourney and MM's included, I think I have around 6 sets recorded. Most of them should be up in the next 24 hours.

Meh.
I'm getting there.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
So I hosted a tournament for the first time in 7 months yesterday.

The best thing that happened there was that I disappeared for half an hour to buy a brand new television.

42" LCD :3
There's still various opinions on whether the thing lags or not. But arr well.
I hate it when I accidentally blow $700 - the spirits of my heritage burn my soul for weeks.

Need to quickly make $700 so I can go to the states or something, trollolol

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Yes I did.

I raged at trying to beat ROB with Sheik and Ike.
****ing ROB is so OP in middle tier.

Then we had the top 4 for regular singles and we decided to go home and sleep :3
Came second in doubles.

Somehow all three of my controllers broke yesterday.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Yes I did.

I raged at trying to beat ROB with Sheik and Ike.
****ing ROB is so OP in middle tier.

Then we had the top 4 for regular singles and we decided to go home and sleep :3
Came second in doubles.

Somehow all three of my controllers broke yesterday.
mystery solved.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
In the span of like 8 minutes after the loser's quarters in doubles (I went to play melty blood) my main controller's L shield button went ****ty, my other older controller's X button locked in and my third one which I never use did up smashes when I forward smashed with the c stick and also the X button on it was ****ed) [luckily I use tap jump pretty well for smooth aerials/retreating, but it makes it nearly impossible to use neutral air)

Hence why I did everything in my power to GTFO instead of playing loser's semis.

To top it off, trying to play melty with Playstation controllers brings me great pain in my hands, especially my thumbs.
Why did they have to put Ryougi Shiki in it? ****ing really cheap thing to do Type Moon. And she's pretty much a Marth clone except with a projectile. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

C.J.

Smash Master
Shaya, Nadal or Djok? Who do you think will win, and who do you want to win? (:c @ Fed losing to Djok after having a 2 set lead)

Nike.

Smash Hero
By far the saddest part of my weekend was missing the Fed Djok match because I was a tourney.

Really want Nadal to win. It's gonna be close.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Federer always loses after having 2 set leads... its really disheartening.

I missed the match as well.. It was meant to be like 2am but rain delayed it and I had the tournament thing the next day.

Eh.... I think I like djok more than Nadal. I think Djok has matured a lot over the years and his family isn't as radical as they used to be either - the guys worked really hard to become the world no.1 - I think he'll win.

Also another thing to note was the FARKED up seeding at the us open.
Federer (3rd seed) had to go against Djok as 1st seed. RAGE.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Ehh, they might in other stuff lol.

Some of my money matches are up!

Nike :marthbrawl: UltimateRazer :snakebrawl: 1
Nike :marthbrawl: UltimateRazer :snakebrawl: 2
Nike :marthbrawl: UltimateRazer :snakebrawl: 3
Nike :marthbrawl: UltimateRazer :snakebrawl: 4

Nike :marthbrawl: vs Vinnie :metaknightbrawl: 1
Nike :marthbrawl: vs Vinnie :metaknightbrawl: 2

Nike :marthbrawl: vs Mystic :pitbrawl: 1
Nike :marthbrawl: vs Mystic :pitbrawl: 2

Having trouble against Snake's dash attack/dacus. Razer's really good at hitting landings with it.
Anybody have any suggestions? Thought about air dodge landing, counter, or a well timed upb.
Other than that, I already know what I did wrong lol.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR3DIKK9t_Y

Nike I've watched the first 15 seconds go by in this vid and you stay in the air way too long in front of him when you short hop. He GSL'd OoS all 3 times and hit you, two of which had you did fair would've hit him and the other would've been shielded but you could have been safe afterwards.

Try not to stay in a neutral position while short hopping in front of any character, you eat hella damage from better players or even just more reactive players doing that

edit: same prob vs razer

Player-3

Smash Hero
so guys, p1 is releasing his barreltage (montage of diddy's ******** up b)

and i'm in it

alot

i just want you to know, this is very descriptive of the stupid **** that happens to me when i play against him

(he was gathering clips today, so expect it in a week or so)

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Nike, those shield breakers, man. I don't think I've ever seen them work against someone that knows how to edge guard. At least you didn't fall for all the scoops this time, so that's an improvement. When you know you're getting hit, just SDI everything. It can save you when recovering.

∫unk

Smash Master
razer's snake actually looked mortal vs you though so that says a lot on your part

sometimes i watch videos of good snakes and look to see how they get out of certain situations but it turns out they don't lol

actually I say the f-smash thing because really it's about maintaining momentum... usually on f-smash you have the spacing read but you don't have the timing read so maybe consider something else? I just noticed f-smash had a low hit% vs razer.

i also saw the set vs vinnie... that just seems like annoying safe mk play i dunno what to say you have to be nearly perfect or you don't win

Nike.

Smash Hero
Razer still has the intimidating factor lol. He's #1 in Texas and the best Snake.
Actually looking back at it, he gave me a half dozen chances to spike his poor choice of recovery like it was Just Do it 2 lol.
But he conditioned me throughout the set to play "too safe".
He also won 580434534 of the 50/50 situations (like getting dthrown off stage and ALWAYS making it on stage/ledge).
So yea, just gotta match his superior play lol.

Soooo lost on MK, though. A single mistake feels like death.
Can't practice the mu since there's like no MK's exist in my city.
The good ones in TX all live 3-5 hours away, so I only play them IN TOURNEY :(

Nike.

Smash Hero
I seriously can't imagine Razer trying when he did that bull**** at the end of the second match. Explain plz.
Went for a high risk, high reward edge guard and timed it wrong.
Idk how that requires explaining.

He was getting frustrated by tripping 4 times in the match, though.

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
Went for a high risk, high reward edge guard and timed it wrong.
Idk how that requires explaining.

He was getting frustrated by tripping 4 times in the match, though.
Risk losing a match without a huge % difference, that's not being serious. Although I can see how trying to win and being serious can easily be misinterpreted.

C.J.

Smash Master
I think Nadal would have a chance if he would stop losing his serve immediately after breaking Djok's and if he would quit messing up his free points from net shots...

Now, if somehow Nadal gets it to 5 games, I think he has a good chance at winning. Now, idk how he's going to get to 5 games, but, w/e.

I can't believe Djok might win in 3 though.

EDIT: Nadal once again broke Djok's serve. Will he lose his serve again for the millionth time?

He did... Nadal's just annoying me now, lol.

C.J.

Smash Master
Why would he give up on the third set?

If he did that he couldn't stand still during the 4th set!

ScareMl

Smash Journeyman
Shaya, Nadal or Djok? Who do you think will win, and who do you want to win? (:c @ Fed losing to Djok after having a 2 set lead)
and two match points D: djokovic deserved the win today against nadal, he outclassed a guy who nevers gives up. and on a totally unrelated topic, anybody know how to play the yoshi MU. whenever i jump, he runs in and u-smashes my ***

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Djokovic is currently the fittest, most fluid and probably only second to Federer in terms of maturity (he's becoming a great sportsman, and he's working hard with that to remove the negative stigma that has been on him since he started his circuit career)

I'm respecting him a lot more as a player since Wimbledon - he deserves his world no.1 and he -is- destroying his body in the process - just like Nadal. The human body can not stretch and strain like Djokovic does, even if he has hyper flexibility.

Top Bottom