• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Ramin, aggro marth is HARD.
Nike I'll do it.

IMO aggroing in general is harder over here. I'm not going to start any US v. EU debates, but Orion can attest to players over here being hell bent on making you travel to the end of the earth just to get a hit in, lead or no lead. It's such a ****ing headache it's no wonder why people switch to MK just to set themselves apart from such strategies.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Sweet, Neo :)

So guys, vids of me from Nikefest4 are uploaded.

Round | Players/Characters | Matches

Winners Round 3|Nike :marthbrawl: vs Gnes :diddybrawl:| [M1] [M2] |
$5 MM| Nike :marthbrawl: vs Dojo :metaknightbrawl:| [M1] [M2] [M3] |
$5 MM|Nike :marthbrawl: vs Fogo :snakebrawl:| [M1] [M2] [M3] |
$2 MM|Nike :marthbrawl: vs Mew3king :lucariobrawl: | [M1] [M2] |

Gnes and Dojo ***** me.
Fogo and I both got 17th (really low), so we MM'd for best 17th placer lol. He's ranked above me on the TX PR.
M3K is a new player, mm'd me to get some vids up.

C.J.

Smash Master
Nike, I hate you. I barely started you vs Kprime and now you give me another 10 to do...

I also hate you for losing game2 vs dojo.

Nike.

Smash Hero
[20:41] C.J.: What'd you PM to NEO?
[20:42] C.J.: /wants to be part of the cool kids
[20:42] ax2ronsilver: STALKER
[20:42] C.J.: You know
[20:42] C.J.: or it was in the social thread
[20:42] C.J.: <_<
[20:42] C.J.: blasphemy
[20:44] C.J.: /was hoping you convinced him to go super aggro reckless marth or something equally entertaining
[21:33] clowsui: please tell me you requested neo to play more aggro
[21:33] clowsui: PLEASE
[21:33] clowsui: i mean you pm'd him for a reason but who cares
[21:33] clowsui: I WANNA KNOW >:X
[21:34] clowsui: better have asked neo to play with more commitment
Yooooooooo
You guys are funny.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
[13/08/2011 1:22:31 PM] Reizilla: and the updated frame data is in the last page of the old frame data thread, right?
[13/08/2011 1:22:40 PM] RoXaS: Yessir.
[13/08/2011 1:22:50 PM] RoXaS: Well, on the most recent page
[13/08/2011 1:22:54 PM] RoXaS: It's shaya's post
[13/08/2011 1:23:11 PM] RoXaS: Can't miss the wall of text
[13/08/2011 1:23:38 PM] Reizilla: frak, it's all weird though, right?
[13/08/2011 1:23:47 PM] RoXaS: I think so.
[13/08/2011 1:23:48 PM] Reizilla: like has a bunch of stuff i don't know what's going on
[13/08/2011 1:23:59 PM] RoXaS: He never put it in the correct format.
[13/08/2011 1:24:02 PM] RoXaS: =/
[13/08/2011 1:24:44 PM] Reizilla: someone commission a custom madoka pic in exchange for proper formatting xD
Sounds like an amazing idea.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
how are people capable of doing ~50 MMs at a tournament without having it influence their placing? :X
that's the thing, it probably will. but if ramin's good enough it won't even matter because he'll be going home with a ****ton of money regardless

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
I'm confused by this whole situation right now.

I missed something important?
Neo always says he wants to quit brawl :(
this time is diff, i never worked as hard to improve before as i have recently, only to get walled out and essentially lose to the same strategy twice

im 25 and been playing smash competitively since i was 16

if i'm no longer competing and benefiting from it, it's time to hang it up. i stress myself out enough on a daily basis to have any additional stress from not succeeding in a game so simple

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Damn Nike you get to play BARE Brawl over there, the UK is fricken Brawl dead now, i wanna play every week!!!

Nike.

Smash Hero
Texas is too spread out. We're the size of East Coast, but we have like 5 cities/regions compared to their 5769036546754674. So we're kinda forced to host alot.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I understand neo's position. I've talked to him about this so many times and he's completely justified in wanting to quit.

The question for him is whether he can break through:
if he can, is it worth trying?
if he can't, why am I trying?

:|

NNID
Budget_Player
So uh, I wanna pick up marth. Partially because I wanna show that it's not just MK, partially because I am just sick to death of dealing with falco as MK, and partially because I'm scared of the "ban MK" movement rising up in germany. Where should I start? How do you learn this character?

∫unk

Smash Master
you really don't lose a lot of skill from playing infrequently, and if you ever don't want to play... who cares? don't play. not a big deal either way.

do what makes you happy, because pretending only ****s you in the ***

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
So uh, I wanna pick up marth. Partially because I wanna show that it's not just MK, partially because I am just sick to death of dealing with falco as MK, and partially because I'm scared of the "ban MK" movement rising up in germany. Where should I start? How do you learn this character?
Don't. Your MK relies on knowing matchups instead of actually making reads, playing Marth would completely **** up your game. Choose a character that can win matches by playing the matchup correctly.

Marth is incredibly hard to learn, the only easy matchup is Snake.

Life

Smash Hero
*usual disclaimers about me being bad here, but you probably knew that*

The start is tippering _everything_. Just play with him a while and watch vids, read the stickies etc. Play defensively first as it's easy to get predictable as an aggro Marth.

NNID
Budget_Player
Don't. Your MK relies on knowing matchups instead of actually making reads, playing Marth would completely **** up your game. Choose a character that can win matches by playing the matchup correctly.

Marth is incredibly hard to learn, the only easy matchup is Snake.
Define "**** up". Wouldn't improving my ability to make reads up my game? And I want to learn marth because virtually none of the other top tiers appeal to me.

Top Bottom