• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Roxas M

Smash Master
Mr. R you're dumb just use MK vs DDD idunno why you would subject yourself to the chaingrab. MK v DDD is simple: press B so much that they take their controller out of it's socket and then ram the controller into your eye sockets.

or if anything just DDD mirror the DDD. It's not that hard just back air a lot and then run and then back air and then grab and then do a little dance, make a little love, and get down tonight, get down tonightttt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7RRLC5slLo

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I'll answer this for you, probably no overall.

Realistically as I've said 90238902178901273812 times, the game is played completely differently over here than it is in Europe. Orion just placed 65th because he didn't feel like dealing with the stress of having to wait out every opponent he plays. In Europe there are players here and there who rely on a wall strategy but overall it's spread very thin. In US it's a standard and you have to deal with it round after round, it's ****ing draining.

Also I'm picking up Wolf/other characters with projectiles, tired of chasing these little f4ggots with a camp setup that don't know **** about the game.
i love you

edit: except diddy instead of wolf for me

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Honestly i think marths over rate the mu...i mean idk when i watch my friend mike(gallax) play vs mampam and GDX it doesn't look anything like a 6/4. And from personal experience it doesn't seem that way either. There were quite a few things mikea(haze)was messing up on vs diddy and things he didn't but could of abused.

Hey neo, i use to use pit for sonic. That **** is so lol. Inf jab+dair+moving fortress nair+arrows **** his world.

I agree you should go with falco. Unless you particularly like wolf. Cuz wolf can't really outcamp anyone. I'd be perfectly content to just PS his lasers while you think you're gonna force me to approach.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Word you probably would've beat D1AOS with Diddy.
Who is d1aos?

Think I jinxed u the night before when we were talking bout losing to low-mid tiers :urg:
how did the training with m2k go btw ?
that was epic. actually inspired me to practice like I used to again once I get back to EU lol

and no that had nothing to do with tiers. i legitimately was like taunting last hit last stock and spamming dsmash. bored out of my miiiiind

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I'm sorry that happened orion. I honestly think if ppl put in the time and effort to study this ****ing game and mixups and playstyles like players of fighting games SHOULD that they wouldn't resort to the easy way out aka camping EVERY single MATCH. Some matches require camping. But i swear EVERYONE does it AGAINST EVERYONE.

It's hard to find really good aggressors.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Honestly i think marths over rate the mu...i mean idk when i watch my friend mike(gallax) play vs mampam and GDX it doesn't look anything like a 6/4. And from personal experience it doesn't seem that way either. There were quite a few things mikea(haze)was messing up on vs diddy and things he didn't but could of abused.

Hey neo, i use to use pit for sonic. That **** is so lol. Inf jab+dair+moving fortress nair+arrows **** his world.

I agree you should go with falco. Unless you particularly like wolf. Cuz wolf can't really outcamp anyone. I'd be perfectly content to just PS his lasers while you think you're gonna force me to approach.
gallax vs gdx/mampam is in no way, shape or form comparable to mike vs adhd

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Who is d1aos?

that was epic. actually inspired me to practice like I used to again once I get back to EU lol

and no that had nothing to do with tiers. i legitimately was like taunting last hit last stock and spamming dsmash. bored out of my miiiiind
i understand you were bored but that's still a john orion

in eu the game moves faster, matches end faster, and hits come easier (imo). you've been accustomed to that

in america people will camp you even when they don't have the lead just because they're content to let damage come to their opponent at the slowest rate possible as long as it means they themselves still aren't taking damage

it's horrible to play against, it's horrible to watch, but nonetheless it's something you have to tolerate if you're going to be in a tournament. plus you're metaknight, he has uber ways to deal with all of it

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
gallax vs gdx/mampam is in no way, shape or form comparable to mike vs adhd
Doesn't change the fact that marths aren't abusing the assets available. It's a mu that takes so much specific tech skill, study, and precision. And also willingness to commit at certain times. However, I will never believe it's a hard counter aka 6:4 aka -2.

How many ppl go into training and actually spend legit time doing nothing but training their reaction to items...and i don't mean 10 minutes here and there. I mean practice for AT least an hour. It really makes a huge difference.

Not only that but ppl need to be innovative and aggressive in their edgeguarding. Leon does it perfectly cuz he's put it into practice. I think ppl need to work on knowing just how far they can push themselves cuz marths are no where near edgeguarding diddy enough.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Doesn't change the fact that marths aren't abusing the assets available. It's a mu that takes so much specific tech skill, study, and precision. And also willingness to commit at certain times. However, I will never believe it's a hard counter aka 6:4 aka -2.

How many ppl go into training and actually spend legit time doing nothing but training their reaction to items...and i don't mean 10 minutes here and there. I mean practice for AT least an hour. It really makes a huge difference.

Not only that but ppl need to be innovative and aggressive in their edgeguarding. Leon does it perfectly cuz he's put it into practice. I think ppl need to work on knowing just how far they can push themselves cuz marths are no where near edgeguarding diddy enough.

for SWF debates.

I'll try Falco out and use my MK (like the smart people placing in top 10)/CP's a lot more in future tournies so I can make it to the non-gimmicky players I know I can beat, if that doesn't work it's time to hang it up with Brawl too.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
for SWF debates.

I'll try Falco out and use my MK (like the smart people placing in top 10)/CP's a lot more in future tournies so I can make it to the non-gimmicky players I know I can beat, if that doesn't work it's time to hang it up with Brawl too.
And another one bites the dust...

Also i wasn't trying to argue persay. Just expressing how i feel about it. You def. know more about marth than me and i can't deny that. I just like to express my personal thoughts and experiences.

Especially since i literally find time to practice item control and various other aspects and it's made a huge difference.
Quitterrrrrrrrrrr
Don't you know? Everyone is gonna either end up going metaknight or quitting.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
LOL naw ill probably quit before using mk tho
Of course. Cuz those are your only options with him around.

You can get as far as you'd like but once you accomplish goals there's no reason to keep on unless u switch to mk in which case the reason becomes toping each tourney.

Sad sad truth it is...

etecoon

Smash Hero
why make it out to be some dramatic choice of "choose MK or place badly" when you wouldn't be doing that well with MK either? there are people who are legitimately in that situation but I don't get it here, it's really pointless melodrama if you're not a competitive player to begin with

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Lol i'm joking about it. I don't think ppl should be playing just for money. Which is also why ppl don't resort to mk and don't quit. They just keep on enjoying the game. It's why i still use snake/pit and now even marth. I've always loved marth will probably drop snake for him after apex. There's nothing more satisfying than placing well with your favorite character.

And jus saying...i didn't say choose mk or place badly. I said eventually you'll get to the point where you've accomplished all your goals for smash and that leaves you with two real options. Choose mk so you can have consistent opportunities to top(by top i mean 1) tournies or quit.

But the third option i mentioned above is there which is basically what i was joking about.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Considering this is a hobby for me, and I already make money through a job, I'll play whoever the **** I want : )

I suck anyway, so even MK couldn't save me, lol.

Laurel

Smash Ace
I like to camp with Marth.
It wasn't about giving you blessings, it was more about the nature of your comment. "The only thing worse than a campy player" implies camping with Marth is bad? That also implies your iinexperience because there are MU's/styles where you almost have no choice but to camp. That's why I replied the way I did.

Like I said my play vs dabuz was weak in basically every facet, but to insinuate camping/being patient with Marth is bad? Nah, go out and play more people.
I'm just stating the truth. You can't win in any fighting game if you don't commit.

Anyway, I've played quite a few good U.S players at Genesis. Including Mikehaze, Anti(Played in doubles pools, so this doesn't really count for singles), Richbrown, Havok, M2K, Logic and the list goes on. Aside from Havok who I played when I was dead tired(Right when I got to the venue at around 10pm from a delayed flight) nobody really slaughtered me, or even came close to it. I've already proven to myself that I can contend with some of the better players out there, I don't need your blessings mightyneoofmelee.

Anyway no beef, don't take **** so harsh.

inb4namesearch
Really good players are mikehaze, Nairo, Anti. Really good players beat other really good players, which makes them really good. Being #1 in a region where your competition isn't among the best in the US doesn't make you really good. It makes you #1 in a region where your competition isn't among the best in the US.

I'm sure KillL0ck is pretty good, but I'm also pretty sure he's a Marth that has yet to receive a wake-up call because he hasn't played/beaten a lot of good people.

EDIT: KillL0ck loses to Alphicans, *ignores all posts*
KillLock IS really good (#1 in his region), it's just that his competition isn't that big.
I hear what your saying though, MD/VA is freakin stacked.
Who do you even play against? When it comes to Marth it seems like everyone and their mother has the answers outside of the game but when it comes to actually doing things vs. good people you never hear about them doing anything because they AREN'T doing anything.

You're damned if you do you're damned if you don't, it'd be good to see you be relevant off of smashboards and in the actual game then maybe your posts would hold some weight, but I haven't heard of you beating anyone that matters.
The only thing worse than a campy player is a player who's afraid to commit.
Shoulda used Roy :troll:
None of the wall players let you get easy hits. They're prepared for the safe and the unsafe, if you don't outsmart them on the exchange you're not winning.

I'll be the first to admit my play against Dabuz was less than stellar, I wasn't making smart choices based off of his gameplay, I was kind of just doing what I thought would work vs. Olimar. My juggle game was weak, none of my risks were working, none of my "safe" **** was working. I'm getting tired of chasing people and losing to strategies when I know I'm better than said player. So to SPARE myself the stress I'm just going to pick characters I can throw **** with like a pu$$y too, and win.

This match: http://www.own3d.tv/vgbootcamp#/watch/180981

Does that look fun? LOL. Why would I consistently my subject myself to that? **** is masochistic. Aside from me missing some B-air punishes by a few pixels, I had no other choice but to play him the way I did. The majority of the damage I got was from reads and Lie just generally making poor and punishable decisions. Most of that **** doesn't even work vs. Diddy in the MU at the highest level.
Lol i'm joking about it. I don't think ppl should be playing just for money. Which is also why ppl don't resort to mk and don't quit. They just keep on enjoying the game. It's why i still use snake/pit and now even marth. I've always loved marth will probably drop snake for him after apex. There's nothing more satisfying than placing well with your favorite character.

And jus saying...i didn't say choose mk or place badly. I said eventually you'll get to the point where you've accomplished all your goals for smash and that leaves you with two real options. Choose mk so you can have consistent opportunities to top(by top i mean 1) tournies or quit.

But the third option i mentioned above is there which is basically what i was joking about.
Considering this is a hobby for me, and I already make money through a job, I'll play whoever the **** I want : )

I suck anyway, so even MK couldn't save me, lol.
why make it out to be some dramatic choice of "choose MK or place badly" when you wouldn't be doing that well with MK either? there are people who are legitimately in that situation but I don't get it here, it's really pointless melodrama if you're not a competitive player to begin with
LOL naw ill probably quit before using mk tho
Of course. Cuz those are your only options with him around.

You can get as far as you'd like but once you accomplish goals there's no reason to keep on unless u switch to mk in which case the reason becomes toping each tourney.

Sad sad truth it is...
If you're a wimp.
And another one bites the dust...

Also i wasn't trying to argue persay. Just expressing how i feel about it. You def. know more about marth than me and i can't deny that. I just like to express my personal thoughts and experiences.

Especially since i literally find time to practice item control and various other aspects and it's made a huge difference.

Don't you know? Everyone is gonna either end up going metaknight or quitting.

you are all wack

-mike

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I'm sorry that happened orion. I honestly think if ppl put in the time and effort to study this ****ing game and mixups and playstyles like players of fighting games SHOULD that they wouldn't resort to the easy way out aka camping EVERY single MATCH. Some matches require camping. But i swear EVERYONE does it AGAINST EVERYONE.

It's hard to find really good aggressors.
Na it's not even that. Like I know people are gay and I don't fault them for it they want to win. If I want the win I would be the FIRST MOTHER****ING PERSON TO GET THE LEDGE. but idk i can't force myself to do that. I just have to want it

i understand you were bored but that's still a john orion

in eu the game moves faster, matches end faster, and hits come easier (imo). you've been accustomed to that

in america people will camp you even when they don't have the lead just because they're content to let damage come to their opponent at the slowest rate possible as long as it means they themselves still aren't taking damage

it's horrible to play against, it's horrible to watch, but nonetheless it's something you have to tolerate if you're going to be in a tournament. plus you're metaknight, he has uber ways to deal with all of it
Well yeah sure, it's a john. But everything is a john at this point, I'm obviously not hung up over the loss because I didn't really give a ****. I'm just trying to get better. I can camp if I actually like REALLY want the win.

I guess I just have to make myself get to the point where im like jason and can autopilot through legitimately everyone but top 2% of players.
Don't worry work will be done.

But I just wanted to enjoy myself and that **** wasn't fun LOL

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Na it's not even that. Like I know people are gay and I don't fault them for it they want to win. If I want the win I would be the FIRST MOTHER****ING PERSON TO GET THE LEDGE. but idk i can't force myself to do that. I just have to want it
that europe kickin in :awesome:
did u still enjoy the rest of the tourney though? cause so far im gettin an impression that it only was a bad experience.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
europe has changed you...i remember when you were the sluttiest whore this side of pittsburgh. but now you're so classy...i'm so impressed orion.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
Please neo, before you officially drop marth ( cause I know it's coming ) could you try playing super careless/agressive at atleast 1 tourney ( or mm for that matter )

I know it goes against ur playstyle/morals, but it would be a shame if someone with your intellect would quit marth, simply because he overthinks alot.

MintyFlesh

Smash Ace
it wasn't about giving you blessings, it was more about the nature of your comment. "the only thing worse than a campy player" implies camping with marth is bad? That also implies your iinexperience because there are mu's/styles where you almost have no choice but to camp. That's why i replied the way i did.

Like i said my play vs dabuz was weak in basically every facet, but to insinuate camping/being patient with marth is bad? Nah, go out and play more people.
so i can camp with marth!

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
so i can camp with marth!
-__-

no minty, i encourage you to learn how to approach because you have NO approaching skills at all

while i camp with marth vs certain mus and players, i can still deal with a campy MK that doesnt run into my attacks. you cannot because you haven't made any effort to learn anything else

Top Bottom