• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Also when I say "hard read" (in my last like 'good post') I mean when Neo ****ing empty sh ff's into an fsmash tipper (@5.30)

I'm really appreciating Neo's play that he's been working towards. Really noticeable mix up improvements but you can see how frustration gets to him against uber camp (I get frustrated by the same situations too ><)

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Also when I say "hard read" (in my last like 'good post') I mean when Neo ****ing empty sh ff's into an fsmash tipper (@5.30)

I'm really appreciating Neo's play that he's been working towards. Really noticeable mix up improvements but you can see how frustration gets to him against uber camp (I get frustrated by the same situations too ><)
I was actually rubbing that in Lie's face on the car ride home LMFAO

"Lie that was the hardest read if there's ever been a hard read. Empty SH into tipper? Who does that? I knew it was going to hit you too."

I wish my other F-smashes were timed better though, I'm always off by that 1-3 frame window and it gets PS'd

KillLock

Smash Lord
It wasn't about giving you blessings, it was more about the nature of your comment. "The only thing worse than a campy player" implies camping with Marth is bad? That also implies your iinexperience because there are MU's/styles where you almost have no choice but to camp. That's why I replied the way I did.

Like I said my play vs dabuz was weak in basically every facet, but to insinuate camping/being patient with Marth is bad? Nah, go out and play more people.

I was just trying to get my point across. Camping isn't bad, but not committing is(Which is all I was saying), which you honestly do a lot which lets people take advantage of you. Having the mentality that you have to camp in a mu is a pretty bad mentality imo. Anyway not arguing with you anymore, you're obviously trying to defend your pride here.

To each their own.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I always thought it was 6 frames and 3 for Yoshi.

Supid dinosaurs lying to me.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I
"Lie that was the hardest read if there's ever been a hard read. Empty SH into tipper? Who does that? I knew it was going to hit you too."
:awesome:

In particular bait hard read fsmashes is one of Leon's strongest points.
But this type of stuff is the stuff that people need to get a good grasp of to improve as players.
Mike is pretty infamous for hard reads as well...but he's kinda standardised them into upsmashes from what I've seen recently.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
I was just trying to get my point across. Camping isn't bad, but not committing is(Which is all I was saying), which you honestly do a lot which lets people take advantage of you. Having the mentality that you have to camp in a mu is a pretty bad mentality imo. Anyway not arguing with you anymore, you're obviously trying to defend your pride here.

To each their own.
-thumb. index finger. nose bridge.-

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Also kids + neo (you hate me calling you a kid, lol), no point hating on each other.
We all play the game differently and how we perceive skill in this game is different as well.

Hence the MASSIVE play style differences between regions that do not interconnect that often.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
diddy : marth mu would be pretty good if I had 1 frame reaction speed.
Then I would always pick the right choice after shield pressure (grab, dolphin slash, something).
The MU wouldn't be about hard reads over and over again, it would be just me owning all of diddy's options, heuheu.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Honestly on one hand I feel like MK is statistically unfair, and on the other hand I feel like there's so much all of the other good characters can do that people haven't mastered or even attempted to tap into because of a combination of general lazyness and scrubbiness prevalent in the Brawl community that it's still too soon.

Wyatt is a Diddy that doesn't ever try to setup the banana lock infinite which actually has a lot of opportunity to be setup (watch Dekar play)

Marth's still miss GR D-air sometimes vs MK, we shouldn't ever be missing it tbh etc.

No character is nearly as developed as MK is, not even close

stingers

Smash Obsessed
yea MKs by far the most developed char, and it shows just watching pros play. if other chars moved that fast then they'd stand more of a chance. nobody fastfalls their aerials with other chars, nobody is constantly buffering with other chars (for the most part). mk's just so far ahead

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
What I see most marth's do is try to camp Diddy and play really defensive this will get you ***** against him IMO
Marth loses on most of the exchanges against Diddy and a lot of his "Marth Tools" don't work the same way either.

More often than not Diddy is going to have a banana in his hand, and when he does you're going to have to do some form of wait and bait unless you want to just get ***** for trying to "stay on him"

Even when you're staying in Diddy's face, he doesn't have a lot to fear. Fortunately most Diddy's arent aware of some of the rhythm to Marth's linear moveset so you don't have to worry about any powershield > powershield situations, but your shield pressure can be reset with Diddy's sidestep, which happens to be really good specifically against pressure

It ends up being that in a lot of situations you are gambling because Diddy can outrange your best aerial, has options to reset/combat the best aspect of your character, and one of the best defenses in the game

Sometimes you'll get the read, sometimes you won't. I think mike is really good @ the Diddy MU, but watching him vs Wyatt at Genesis pre-Wyatt stupid D-air SD, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. There's just too many situations possible for Diddy to come out on the positive end for people to generalize what Marth should and should not be doing against him.

Diddy is a versatile character with the ability to shut people out very effectively. **** is either going to work or not work, but there's no gaurenteed strategy for fighting him as Marth who is much more linear/dependant on what your opponent is and isn't falling for.

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Something most marths dont seem to realize, this is a big difference between falco and diddy, falco can camp right away, diddy needs time to get setups goin to be able to camp, dont give him that time by just standing there planking or trying to time him out, this is one of the reasons why I like to be agressive in this mu but it doesn't mean ill rush in there and not think. Diddy's fair beats ours but only if its spaced right i believe, his side b is really annoying since you have to guess wether he will do the kick flip or the diddy hump. Diddys very vulnerable at the start of a match, if he starts with plucking bananas thats basically a free aerial which can lead to a gimp which leads to you having the lead. When he is on the ledge he has a wicked hard time getting back on that's where i get most of my damage. I also think every marth should work on item control it helps soooo much if you have better item control than your opponent you will **** him with his own **** if he doesnt use them wisely

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
Something most marths dont seem to realize, this is a big difference between falco and diddy, falco can camp right away, diddy needs time to get setups goin to be able to camp, dont give him that time by just standing there planking or trying to time him out, this is one of the reasons why I like to be agressive in this mu but it doesn't mean ill rush in there and not think. Diddy's fair beats ours but only if its spaced right i believe, his side b is really annoying since you have to guess wether he will do the kick flip or the diddy hump. Diddys very vulnerable at the start of a match, if he starts with plucking bananas thats basically a free aerial which can lead to a gimp which leads to you having the lead. When he is on the ledge he has a wicked hard time getting back on that's where i get most of my damage. I also think every marth should work on item control it helps soooo much if you have better item control than your opponent you will **** him with his own **** if he doesnt use them wisely
Marth will never have better item control than diddy, and a smart Diddy won't be spawning bananas at spots where he could be severely punished. He also doesn't have that hard of a time getting back on because of his mixup options like I said earlier. Diddy has too many tools for you to cover EVERYTHING, and every read isn't going to be successful every time.

His F-air beats ours but only if it's spaced right, what pro Diddy is not going to be spacing F-air?

When I talk about MUs it"s a combo of personal experience and watching it at the highest level numerous times. Your post sounds more based off of personal experience.

For the record I think the MU is 6:4 Diddy's favor at worst and Marth has a lot of good **** vs. Diddy. I think Marth has the potential to be played as the best character in the game if you're getting all of the right reads and are knowledgeable enough, but that's only in theory. People are going to be as smart/smarter than you so you won't always be able to get a read heavy game off.

Me personally though I don't think I have the tolerance anymore to go all Marth ****s just too draining and maybe I'm just not good enough to pull it off. Let me holla at dem spacies doe.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I also think every marth should work on item control it helps soooo much if you have better item control than your opponent you will **** him with his own **** if he doesnt use them wisely
if you have better item control than a diddy it means they're worse than you and shouldn't win to begin with, the character is literally built around item use

Albert.

Smash Master
I have nothing to add to this discussion, Because I am a raging scrub. but I think both Marth and MetaKnight are nonviable at top level play.

Also, Nathaniel, you look really bald in this VGBootCamp video.

Also, Etecoon, that **** was funny LOL "competitive hide and seek" like an imogen heap song lol

PEACE7

Smash Champion
It's just a general thing diddy does to spawn bananas at the start of a match , wyatt does it nearly every match he plays at that point you hit him off stage. And Neo pick up Falco. Also , a lot of people need to work on their item control in general, item control isnt just about being able to catch and toss the bananas around, its also with placements and stuff like that, diddy isnt the only one that profits off of naner placement. if its on the ground he needs to either land on it and zcatch it or dash attack to pick it up or stand right next to it and normally pick it up, -all of this can lead to a free grab if your remotely close to him

Albert.

Smash Master
Is anyone else absolutely fraking terrified of fighting Fox?

The little bugger is just ridiculous "OH IM GONNA RUN away the whole time, but I can actually outspeed you in close-range combat, whenever I want to, anyway"

Mr-R

Smash Champion
who's ur most annoying to fight against list.
mines

1: DDD
2: peach
3: yoshi

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
NEO is once again my favorite poster. Need like a Q&A with NEO to just steal all of the knowledge he has.

Oh, and:

1. Snake
2. ZSS
3. Lucario

Never played a Fox.

Albert.

Smash Master
Mr. R you're dumb just use MK vs DDD idunno why you would subject yourself to the chaingrab. MK v DDD is simple: press B so much that they take their controller out of it's socket and then ram the controller into your eye sockets.

or if anything just DDD mirror the DDD. It's not that hard just back air a lot and then run and then back air and then grab and then do a little dance, make a little love, and get down tonight, get down tonightttt

Top Bottom