• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Viquey, if you wanna get it fixed for free, but dont mind waiting a week, you can do this :http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/ts/gameSSBB.jsp

its completely free, I did it and my wii works fine now :) For some reason if brawl is plauyed alot on ur wii it eventauly breaks it down lol.
Aah if it's not just dirty I'll do that. Thanks!

Also, external HD eh? Might look into that...

So like. I mentioned my dog is sick in my last post, but after several seizures and a vet visit today, it turns out that the best we can hope for is meningitis. DDD: The alternative being brain cancer. ._.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Tennet is the only one with jeans. My suspiciously all-knowing GF told me.

solid have u got better at barlw yet. go rep white marf, idc how white it needs to get to get good; just get good.

Player-3

Smash Hero
so guys i forgot to tell you

i was gonna buy this shirt
on the front it was just black with little white dots like stars
and on the back it said
SPACE

i was gonna buy it but i forgot my money

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
That drumline isn't all white, there's an asian guy in front.

Btw, I have a suspicion that you're that one asian guy tennet.

Also, props for the style *fist pound*

I dress sort of like that, though I wear jeans too, and I clean up mad nice when I'm trying to.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
writing about smash/competitive gaming for my practice college application essay.

get @ me

i'm only doing it because it's really easy to write about something ur actually interested in. and i cant do my other hobbies because they are too basic and not unique enough (playing football and basketball, how original!)

any ideas?

hopefully it lands me a good grade.

Tennet

Smash Champion
That drumline isn't all white, there's an asian guy in front.

Btw, I have a suspicion that you're that one asian guy tennet.

Also, props for the style *fist pound*

I dress sort of like that, though I wear jeans too, and I clean up mad nice when I'm trying to.
people think i'm asian, that guy is half black and there are only weaboos in our band, no asians.

and no i'm not the fat kid with the laces should leave one -__-

∫unk

Smash Master
the topic is not even half the battle but thats an interesting topic at least. its not what you say its how you say it.

edgar allan poe could write about a piece of **** and it'd be more interesting than what i have to say about world politics

i would exaggerate a little since everyone does... feel free to use "professional", "pressure beyond anything I have previously experienced", "hundreds of people", etc.

i also suggest seniors start reading the paper... you'll increase your vocabulary, world views, etc.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
people think i'm asian, that guy is half black and there are only weaboos in our band, no asians.

and no i'm not the fat kid with the laces should leave one -__-
Really? ****, he looks mad filipino, but I guess it's mostly cause we can't exactly see much of his face.

Anyways, then I'm gonna guess that you're either the second guy or the last guy before the girl, probably the last guy before the girl.

Mostly because of your personal style and the fact that she likes you (and you implied it reciprocal).

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
the topic is not even half the battle but thats an interesting topic at least. its not what you say its how you say it.

edgar allan poe could write about a piece of **** and it'd be more interesting than what i have to say about world politics

i would exaggerate a little since everyone does... feel free to use "professional", "pressure beyond anything I have previously experienced", "hundreds of people", etc.

i also suggest seniors start reading the paper... you'll increase your vocabulary, world views, etc.
haha, good call junk

thanks for the tips =)

already flying through this one, i actually like to write if it's about something i like.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
why does marth discussion have to do with everything except marth?

protip: staying close to diddy's so they can't setup banana tactics but out of their range and then doing the ZMT (never actually approaching, ever, just waiting for a. your opponent to run into one of your flailing hitboxes or b. one of your flailing hitboxes to outprioritize theirs) right in their face is raaaaaape. i just counter attack any attempt they make at attacking/approaching. be careful though because diddy's range on some of his stupid *** moves is retardedly close to yours >_> so annoying

Steel_Samurai

Smash Journeyman
as soon as i get wireless internet hooked up again, i wanna do some marth dittos on wifi lol

My wifi experiences have never been good though,
last time i played i lost to some roll spamming lucario with marth,
than proceeded to 2 stock him next game with olimar just fsmashing and grabing/pivot grabbing lol

clowsui

Smash Legend
tennet stop learning defensive style, it's already bad enough that every marth and their dog in the mw is defensive, but the fact that me, omegaxf and steel samurai can't go out to tournies that often makes it so that we can't encourage ppl to play offensive marth in person -_- not to say that we're top marth mains by any means but god dam if i see another xisin in the midwest i'll die of boredom while trying to root for another marth main. i love that guy to death but his marth is really really slow and not fun to watch unless it's against really good ppl, in which case you try and learn how he deals w/ a lot of pressure stuff because he's good at fighting it

Steel_Samurai

Smash Journeyman
clowsui, i rewatched some neo vids
they're from like a year ago lol, but I saw a lot of things i missed before
also, ive started to try to fastfall a lot more now, i realized i never do when i watched neo

Also, are you going to nopes monthly?

clowsui

Smash Legend
@dj: i can't, marching band
even if i could i'd have to do college app **** on that day
get a ride w/ jacob or something. do you want me to arrange that? if you want you could sleep over friday night or smth, i could try and arrange that, see if it works and stuff

fastfalling stuff depends on what you're trying to do lol, like for ledge traps vs. beegs i just did the cute traps i developed 5 months ago of dtilt at ledge and grab resets, i also mixed in a lot of fsmashes as reaction to shield and short hop non fastfalled tipper nairs to guard against standing getup and i would immediately fast fall if he did a ledge jump from that so i could jump up and punish it. i probably would've done ff'd fairs if i felt he wasn't going to fall for these traps quite as badly any more so i'd bait it w/ ff fairs but he had a hard time dealing w/ it (like any mw marth should lol, i've been working on spacing this trap since december lol, i didn't get spacing tipper nairs perfectly until saturday so it had a huge hole in it).

if you're playing against my falco fastfalling is also useful because it prevents me from cutting in with dash attacks quite as hard but if i catch you doing it then i'll just camp 3x as hard or i'll approach with shield, fast falled aerials esp with marth are kind of hard to space because you're reducing the duration that the hitbox stays out so you're not covering as much area with the same move as if you didn't ff it...so your aerial ends earlier and since you don't hit me for as long and the time between your attacks gets shorter i find it really easy just to phantasm punish in between or dashing shield -> grab -> dthrow trap.

idk lol, the primary difference between your marth and mine is that i do mixups between ff and ff'd aerials whereas you focus a lot on ad reads and you kinda float your aerials. our speeds are relatively equal when you consider how good your marth is at getting ppl in the air. also i intercept ppl a lot better from even getting up into the air w/ bairs because i do rar'd bairs w/ constant change up between full hop and sh bair, if i full hop the bair then i'll descend with fair or airdodge kinda late into the fall while di'ing far right. if i short hop then i resume pressure by spacing vs. their shield with a rising tipper fair or i just return to the ground and grab the shield that i just baited etc.

bunch of tangential stuff but w/e

Tennet

Smash Champion
clowsui, omega and i play different i'm usually in their face. Ask junk, he ***** me sometimes because i get over offensive. I don't like playing defensive with marth unless i have to

clowsui

Smash Legend
broly camping with marth is dumb hard to beat lol, i'll be impressed to see a marth be able to go on zmt camp mode and also be **** at offense like neo. but good **** for being offensive

tennet that's good that you're not defensive lol, but we'll see how your style turns out after you go to your first/second tourney

ss my place probably, screw marth dittos all day, bring sam so that we have some variation in falco v marth/sheik v marth/marth v ddd >___>; i could play my sheik against your yoshi but i did well against nicalobe's yoshi lol, you don't wanna face dat ****. this is barring of course that i have to be at my school by 8:00 or some bs like that

Steel_Samurai

Smash Journeyman
ss my place probably, screw marth dittos all day, bring sam so that we have some variation in falco v marth/sheik v marth/marth v ddd >___>; i could play my sheik against your yoshi but i did well against nicalobe's yoshi lol, you don't wanna face dat ****. this is barring of course that i have to be at my school by 8:00 or some bs like that
that would be fun, i need to go to more stuff
I also need to step my yoshi game up:laugh:
ill see what i can do, i think my mom is gonna be gone that weekend,
she said she wanted me to stay home with the dog saturday, but ill try to get someone to cover for me lol

im going to bed though, i'll PM you tomorrow or somethin

Tennet

Smash Champion
@clowsui

would be my first when i get to one.
I'm working on just getting better and letting the style come, i'm trying not to mimic someone's style. more or less taking things that people tell me and using that and making my own versions of it.

Top Bottom