• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
considering the fact that kadaj xeroxed my playstyle, him not wanting me to know any tricks of his is laughable LOLLLLLLLLLLLL

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
yeah backlash's post didn't make sense and even if it meant what i think he meant it isn't right

but zss is a character you have to have huge experience to do well against :/
Heh, well that's only fair, since she's a character you have to have at least equally huge experience to play well.

I still think she might be better than my Marth currently, though. Or maybe they're about even. Evenly terrible, that is! :D

Oh how I wish Nashville had a Smash scene... u.u We could call ourselves Smashville! Haha.

Albert.

Smash Master
If playing Marth at all means "USE THAT SWORD!!" then I'm pretty sure all of us play him pretty similarly....

It's like you're making up depth in a fairly simple game.

how much variation could there be?

"swing your sword"

someone prove me wrong.

-_- but yeah NEO ***** so I guess that's his thing.

(contradict myself)

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Oh how I wish Nashville had a Smash scene... u.u We could call ourselves Smashville! Haha.
How about Snashville? Start up a scene as Shaya would say if he weren't kidnapped right now.

On the topic of what Kadaj was saying, what do you guys think is the most unexplored area for Marth anywho? I used to think aerial DB but I'm starting to remember how limited it is past being a "decent" mixup.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
:(

speaking of the SH DB mix-ups you guys realize that its really nothing new considering Kizzu was doing it when the game first came out, reiteration is good but its nothing to keep going over that much longer

Steel come to my new place you can stay for as long as you want

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
theres nothing special about marth really therefore no way to advance his metagame.

i mean, hes a basic character. You can't get any further than good spacing and reading and upB OOS. So really, the only way to advance with him is to advance as a player in general.

Tari

Smash Apprentice
Any other musical Marths?
Musical Marth here. I try to sing. But I play guitar and piano. Attempting drums in a few days.

XDDD

And we'll make an epic Ike/Marth team that'll take the world by storm!
...One day. No really.

My mom's quite awesome indeed. u.u

I find it funny how everyone who finds out reacts like that. I suppose it is odd... but odd is good, so there.
I wish my mom played Brawl..

Let's start with the trick you don't want to tell Neo. =b
But really, I want to assume people are trying but considering half the good people who frequent here dropped Marth/brawl, =\
Ehh. Truth be told, some of the people who inspired me to play Marth, switched over to Mk. And even the people I felt who were the wisest here when I'd come and just read things, seem to be leaving and becoming less active.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
i play the trumpet and sing somewhat. both better than i play marth >_<
music ed./per. major btw :D

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Marth dittos for me usually turn into "who is gonna gonna try to approach and get shieldgrabbed first" games. You cant exactly outspace another marth so its funny since it forces you to rely on every other aspect of marths game. I practically treat nair like my fair since i get punished way less for it (usually). If i dont feel like dittoing i just go lucario.

Also, I conditioned myself not to fsmash unless i know i wont get punished. Keeps it fresh and keeps me from eating other fsmashes. Still an ugly move no matter how you look at it lol.

Oh yea, I play the mp3 player. Does that make me a musician?

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
How about Snashville? Start up a scene as Shaya would say if he weren't kidnapped right now.

On the topic of what Kadaj was saying, what do you guys think is the most unexplored area for Marth anywho? I used to think aerial DB but I'm starting to remember how limited it is past being a "decent" mixup.
Snashville might work too! But it doesn't have the same... ring to it as Smashville, IMO. xD

But how would a shy, young girl start something like that? I wouldn't even know where to begin! XD But if you have any tips/ideas, I'd be glad to hear them. :p

Tari said:
I wish my mom played Brawl..
So do many, it seems... u.u

∫unk

Smash Master
soo i just learned how to catch items and throw them at the same time... sooo helpful vs diddy

just immediately throw nannerz off as you pass them anywhere

i know its an old technique but i just never bothered to learn for some reason

im trying to drop through platform with my shield up but i got like 2 seconds of practice so i couldn't get it consistently does someone have an accurate description on how to do it with a gc controller

∫unk

Smash Master
if you go pass an item you can air dodge and throw through it at the same time with air dodge and direction and a or just airdodge and c-stick the way you want to throw (it does the smash throw with the c-stick so if you're trying to throw stuff off quick it's the best imo)

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I played violin...
Until I moved to a town who doesn't care about anything involving "orchestra" and only did band and football.
Soooo,
I went for Synth player! (lol)
@ Junk: I think you got it right on the whole shield drop.

∫unk

Smash Master
got what right? i dont know how to do that one consistently lol

i want to though its important for anyone without multiple jumps... and still important for them

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
Wow. Good cosplayers actually do exist :\ . They even beat out the "There Will Be Brawl" actors and their costumes/makeup. For shame. Yea im thinking the ivy and pika were top tier. As well as that Olimar (apparently im the only one who noticed her).

Edit: Junk, maybe you can change x or y to shield and see if that helps. its just an idea

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
White Marth thar had some good posing! Shieldbreaker, Counter... And LOL at the one with the hand mirror. XD Also, most of the Ikes managed to get some good swords.

That stuff's hilarious.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Socal Marths?

Spam fsmash.

=

win... of some sort.

but whatever, they teach you how to be so perfect shielding pro. and of course...dsf's favourite marth move whilst playing Haze is his fsmash... :\ lolololol

actually, mikes marth is top ****, like after I showed him the power of fully charged shieldbreaker for a tech chase... wait that was Havoc... I mean after i showed him my semi-charged shieldbreaker gimp... he found some reason to quit the match like 'oats says we have to quit because of a tourney match...' this is whilst oats was like 'its cool, finish the match'.

tourneyjohns asides, all the other matches mike won lol :).

Oh I did beat mike in low tier with link... Who knew that link + brinstar = ****. I had like never played link before... dohohoho ...

Havocs awesome though, but some ******* stole my aussie to american power converter so i cant use my laptop.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Cyan IS strangely pretty, but it changes his hair color. D: I reiterate: texture hacks FTW. ;D

And HI! Welcome. ^^

ZHMT

Smash Lord
NNID
zeeehmtee
I totally wish I was in CA right now...

Shaya needs to teach me the true power of the neutral air. :)

Thunder Of Zeus

*Rumble Rumble*
actually, mikes marth is top ****
This.

that. cyan marth is the coolest one hands down

and hi marth boards o.o I think I'm gonna post her moar, like it matters D:
Hmm... Kirby siggy/avvy... Snake main...
Tozzie disapproves. Represent the Prince or gtfo.

f*ck i got ***** vs quivo
i played like a noob, i'm so inconsistent -____-;
i did **** i did from like...DECEMBER, wtf
*Sigh*
I know exactly what you mean. Once the pressure is on, I start to fail. To be honest, it helps me regain my feet if I start Nair spamming and Haze Walking all the time.

PS:
Tozzie has returned.

∫unk

Smash Master
Wow. Good cosplayers actually do exist :\ . They even beat out the "There Will Be Brawl" actors and their costumes/makeup. For shame. Yea im thinking the ivy and pika were top tier. As well as that Olimar (apparently im the only one who noticed her).

Edit: Junk, maybe you can change x or y to shield and see if that helps. its just an idea
??!? how would that change anything

this isn't dropping your shield then dropping through the platform or getting hit off the platform with your shield up, its dropping through the platform with your shield up on command

if you try it without knowing what you're doing you end up just spot dodging on the platform

but its a huge 7+ frame difference so its important (versus dropping shield and dropping)... probably more than 7 because you wont immediately drop as soon as you let go of your shield (hard to time)

its like how someone was telling me they lower their shield to punish (even for aerial punishment) and i was like >_> maybe on opponents with bad spacing or when good players mess up bad but most of the time the only time you get for punishment is jumping out of your shield or the 4 frame db

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
If playing Marth at all means "USE THAT SWORD!!" then I'm pretty sure all of us play him pretty similarly....

It's like you're making up depth in a fairly simple game.

how much variation could there be?

"swing your sword"

someone prove me wrong.

-_- but yeah NEO ***** so I guess that's his thing.

(contradict myself)
There could be a lot of variation actually. IMO a lot of marth stuff has become so "standard" that people forget that Roy_R/myself were doing it first before anyone, and for a while. Like it sounds arrogant, but that doesn't change the fact it's true.

Top Bottom