• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
=\ Ew about the teammate situation. But as for the whole goal thing, go for it(unless you decide to get a PS3 instead of a new wii like any sane person...then go kick people's *** in Blazblue or some ****).
*repaired*

@New tier list: Oh, I thought Marth was 7th before. so that's not SO bad. I'm kinda glad to see Wario go down like that. And Ike and ZSS up! woot. But poor Link. D:
Play a good ZSS with your marth and you will never want to select her ever again.

∫unk

Smash Master
yeah backlash's post didn't make sense and even if it meant what i think he meant it isn't right

but zss is a character you have to have huge experience to do well against :/

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
if we don't do the whole tier list thing, we should at least do this.

this is more harmless fun:

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Lets just save that for the end of the year with the other Superlatives.

I sure don't want to get "Most desperate for an award" again. I want something bike related.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Lets just save that for the end of the year with the other Superlatives.

I sure don't want to get "Most desperate for an award" again. I want something bike related.
best sig.
10darxmarth23hasbestsig

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
darxmarth, as a cyclist, i hate you
Don't worry, your bike is fine. Its not like I'm ever gonna leave Nevada Missouri.

The smash scene here is total crap. Half of the people here don't even know what a tier list is. Scrubs upon scrubs here. I'm actually outshining everyone here with my secondary.

Marth.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
So you gave into the pressure to switch to mk when you say you're destroying everyone with your marth who you say is much worse than your mk?

That's cool. It's fine that you play mk. I was just curious about the seeming contradiction. Tell me if I'm wrong.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
So you gave into the pressure to switch to mk when you say you're destroying everyone with your marth who you say is much worse than your mk?

That's cool. It's fine that you play mk. I was just curious about the seeming contradiction. Tell me if I'm wrong.
It wasn't exactly pressure. One day I decided to try out Mk competitively and realized that he tops my Marth by far. I'm fond of both chars, and play them equally.

Because I switched to Mk I felt that I relinquished my position as the leader of a huge pro ban social group called Viva La Revolution. I made a public announcement of the way I felt and passed my position to Xyro.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I think he's joking. Not that Shaya isn't a great player, but I can't see Mike getting 3 stocked by anybody :o

Let alone twice in a row.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Soo true adumbrodeus, and they don't change their minds until they play marth for themselves. why is it so hard to believe that the move is horrendous?

also, thats true PD. dittos are extremely gay

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Soo true adumbrodeus, and they don't change their minds until they play marth for themselves. why is it so hard to believe that the move is horrendous?
Well, it has applications, but only on punishment and really good prediction, oh and chaingrab. It's probably Marth's worst kill move overall.

Seriously, is it so hard to check frame data when somebody is saying a move is unsafe and realize that Ike can F-SMASH YOU on tippered f-smash hitting shield. Seriously, -40 advantage, +8 for shielddrop, +29 for f-smash = -3.

And it's a respected TO for my region too, I'm planning on going to one of his tournies soon (I think he's still involved with them anyway).

also, thats true PD. dittos are extremely gay
No, gay isn't the right word. The pure unmasculinity of a marth ditto is an insult to gay people to be compared to.

THEY MADE ME TAKE UP MK! (as a secondary) This cannot be forgiven.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I play them (or switch to Link for fun), but they're still really gay.

And lol I did not know Ike could punish our FSmash with his own, that move is so bad haha.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
Well, it has applications, but only on punishment and really good prediction, oh and chaingrab. It's probably Marth's worst kill move overall.

Seriously, is it so hard to check frame data when somebody is saying a move is unsafe and realize that Ike can F-SMASH YOU on tippered f-smash hitting shield. Seriously, -40 advantage, +8 for shielddrop, +29 for f-smash = -3.

You're forgetting shield knock back. Ike won't reach

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
you guys need to lrn2marth ditto. seriously
Hey, it's just me! I'm the only one who sux at them. Everyone else just thinks they're horrible.

I play them (or switch to Link for fun), but they're still really gay.
Don't be mean to teh gayz, they have feelings too. How would it make you feel to be compared to a Marth ditto? Yea, I thought so.

And lol I did not know Ike could punish our FSmash with his own, that move is so bad haha.
Honestly, I didn't know until I checked the frame data, you gotta be pretty much perfect and it can only be a tipper f-smash that's shielded, but it works.

I got the idea when I found out Ike's d-smash can be powershielded and then he gets Falcon punched, so I began to think, "what other really nasty but slow as heck moves could I find out whether or not they work as punishment for sucky moves?" Then it hit me to use Marth's f-smash.

You're forgetting shield knock back. Ike won't reach
Marth leans foreward when he f-smashes and he's got 3 frames to walk before he needs to f-smash. I'll test explicitly, but it should work if you do everything perfectly.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Guys can we go back to the old ways where we try and improve Marth???
Let's start with the trick you don't want to tell Neo. =b
But really, I want to assume people are trying but considering half the good people who frequent here dropped Marth/brawl, =\

Marth dittos: learn to press a before they do and still hit them and you'll win. They're doing half the spacing for you. Just press it before them.

∫unk

Smash Master
apparently shaya is learning the value of spacing and not just attacking all the time :)

and i played marth today... he's kinda the same lol

i realized you can do everything out of a crouch lol and it shrinks his hurtbox significantly... you could have bad DI if you don't react fast though

Top Bottom