• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
do a special and immediately smash back on the stick and it turns the move around.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Huh. Didn't know you could do that. It's easy enough to turn DB or counter around, but I can't imagine doing that with SB or DS. XD Well, now to take it to training and try it!

∫unk

Smash Master
you should see snake's do it all the time on recovery its how they escape juggle traps (b-reversal c4 and grenades)

doing it with db is the hardest and least practical

im not sure its possible with ds, you can switch directions but the reversal completely shifts momentum

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
It's definitely easier to do with DB than it is to do with counter.

∫unk

Smash Master
oh i guess its just personal than

if we're talking about the same thing when you b-reversal db and it looks like a half cut version of db1 (marth doesn't swing in an arc)

why can't you go to tournies over the summer again bengals? legitimately curious

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Probably is preference, I've found it pretty straightforward with DB. And yes, the arc should come out jagged if done correctly.

I'll be able to this summer :)

Going to the upcoming C3 for sure.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Haha, yea. Some big names attend these C3s so I'm excited. Chu, Boss, and Sliq, and G-reg to name a few

feardragon64

Smash Champion
The b-reversal DB isn't that impractical is it? o_o I thought it was kind of nice in the air for people who like to Short Hop Airdodge. SH, do it in the opposite direction you were running, b-reversal it into the direction you were running(toward them), and you'll start doing dancing blades but you'll move back every move. I'll be honest and say I don't really do it but it's been something I've been meaning to try. It's not totally useless.

mosesrko24

Smash Apprentice
Neo Wtf Man Your Only 4th On Your Pr ****. You Gettin Beeatin Out By Some Scrub *** Ics?

What In The Blue Hell Is A Meep? Exactly. I Thought You Were Like A Top Player In Melee What

Happened Man? Step Yo **** Up Dawg, Cause Thats Just Straight Up Embarrisin.

C.box

Smash Journeyman
lucario's roll is a tool in this matchup. Marth approaches from the air, ROLL, grab or whatever cario wants besides slow stupid sideB that yall love.

Also, your fsmash outranges Marth's SH->whatever, therefore its your anti-air attack. And it kills marth stupid early.

Cario's fair might not have as much range as marth's but it is a free kill if you catch marth in air anywhere near the edge after his double jump. Just fair fair fair fair fair fair till death. Lee has caught me and roy and dphat and several others with these shenanigans. Really, range isnt EVERYTHING.

and PLEASE, that grab release is hardly matchup-breaking. The most marth can hope for is like 14 damage TOTAL from it. I mean, D3 has a tech chase on GW, is the matchup in D3's favor? -.-

I agree marth should win, but it's definately not a shutout.
He said to write a couple of sentences not an entire match up description so I only put general information. <_<

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Haha, I meant Slik, not Sliq. My bad, the Wario.

Anyways, yea I sorta like B-reversal DB in air. It's good how it instantly changes your momentum.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Haha. My ZSS is better than my Marth. On WiFi, at least. Which might be because she's lighter than Marth, therefore when the lag makes all the characters "feel" heavier, she's still about as light as Marth normally is. Marth, on the other hand, is out of my comfort weight-zone. XD

Although, it's nice to have a stun gun, too~

Anyway, enough rambling. I'mma have to try this b-reversal DB, see if I can do it. I've found it handy to DB1 in the opposite direction than the way I'm facing in the air, to turn around, and I can DB1 back and forth and back and forth like crazy, but from your descriptions that doesn't seem to be the same thing. XD

Also. I need to read/anticipate/predict my opponent more. That, unlike basic spacing and such, is something that cannot be practiced on CPUs. Especially when I apparently have a natural inability to do it. >.>

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
hi im going to meatride neos roy right now cus im bored

his play looks sooo smooth it just looks like a dance <3

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bde1Igr7tfE&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hd=1&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bde1Igr7tfE&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&hd=1&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I was wondering what the thread title was all about. That is a sexy Roy, though.

Roxas M

Smash Master
Haha. My ZSS is better than my Marth. On WiFi, at least. Which might be because she's lighter than Marth, therefore when the lag makes all the characters "feel" heavier, she's still about as light as Marth normally is. Marth, on the other hand, is out of my comfort weight-zone. XD

Although, it's nice to have a stun gun, too~

Anyway, enough rambling. I'mma have to try this b-reversal DB, see if I can do it. I've found it handy to DB1 in the opposite direction than the way I'm facing in the air, to turn around, and I can DB1 back and forth and back and forth like crazy, but from your descriptions that doesn't seem to be the same thing. XD

Also. I need to read/anticipate/predict my opponent more. That, unlike basic spacing and such, is something that cannot be practiced on CPUs. Especially when I apparently have a natural inability to do it. >.>
i always use reverse DB1 on accident. lol.
i don't think cpu's are good for training with marth. for some reason no matter how good you space, cpu's seem to powershield it. when you use a move that would normally catch people off-gaurd cpus will powershield it then punish you. it gets old fast. lol.
i can predict when someone is going to do something pretty good. the only problem is that most of the time i can't do anything to stop it.
and sometimes on wifi my marth feels so heavy it's like i'm using ganondorf or something. lol.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
You're tempting me to start singing or something, aren't you? You and your thread titles.

is actually a pretty good singer, any other muscians on the board?

hi im going to meatride neos roy right now cus im bored

his play looks sooo smooth it just looks like a dance <3
Meatride all you want, he's amazing.

Wish my melee Marth played half as good.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
i always use reverse DB1 on accident. lol.
i don't think cpu's are good for training with marth. for some reason no matter how good you space, cpu's seem to powershield it. when you use a move that would normally catch people off-gaurd cpus will powershield it then punish you. it gets old fast. lol.
i can predict when someone is going to do something pretty good. the only problem is that most of the time i can't do anything to stop it.
and sometimes on wifi my marth feels so heavy it's like i'm using ganondorf or something. lol.
I knooow. I hate that about them (CPUs, that is). I think they read your button input and react at the same time Marth does. XD But even if it's powershielded, I can at least get a feel for the spacing. Better than nothin', right? >.>

I'm like that sometimes. Earlier today I was playing a few people who were nearly CPU-level perfect prediction. On wifi! D: I was still trying to figure out how to time my DS to the ledge bearing in mind the fact than when I hit up+b, Marth won't actually DS until several seconds later, but meanwhile the other guy's up there ready to powershield and punish. Without fail. O.o Or I'd see something coming--even something as slow as a charged fsmash from Ike--and not be able to shield thanks to that slight lag. Point being, this is a very long-winded way of saying that on the rare occasion I CAN see something coming, yeah, I can't do anything about it either. XD

Inorite! I can't work with that. XD

You're tempting me to start singing or something, aren't you? You and your thread titles.

is actually a pretty good singer, any other muscians on the board?
I's a singer! :D Soprano, operatic. Think Charlotte Church or Sarah Brightman. That kinda stuff. XD Also, self-taught pianist. Nothin' special, but eh. I can play stuff once I memorize it.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Abum what voice type are you?

I'm a baritone.
Bass, but I've got a really extended range. The weird thing is for different music styles I'm better at using different parts of my range.

What styles do you sing in?

btw, Also play piano/keyboard and a noob at guitar. And beatbox.

Any other musical Marths?

BTW I miss marth.

his fair > Olimar's
Seriously? They're nothing alike, dude, WHY?!

I's a singer! :D Soprano, operatic. Think Charlotte Church or Sarah Brightman. That kinda stuff. XD Also, self-taught pianist. Nothin' special, but eh. I can play stuff once I memorize it.
Sweet! "Phantom of the Opera" duet? I can sing Vibrato too, it's probably the style that I'm best at (probably would prefer being better at hip-hop, but what can you do?).

For the people who saw my pic earlier, my music tastes are mad eclectic

Albert.

Smash Master
Yo Abum you on AIM? we should take this off the General discussion because it's soo off topic lol

Dancing blades is a good move.

I like the twirly variation.

Roxas M

Smash Master
cause its olimar, and there's this extremely popular character called metaknight

w/e good luck
is pit a good choice for a secondary? i'm still going to main marth though.
I knooow. I hate that about them (CPUs, that is). I think they read your button input and react at the same time Marth does. XD But even if it's powershielded, I can at least get a feel for the spacing. Better than nothin', right? >.>

I'm like that sometimes. Earlier today I was playing a few people who were nearly CPU-level perfect prediction. On wifi! D: I was still trying to figure out how to time my DS to the ledge bearing in mind the fact than when I hit up+b, Marth won't actually DS until several seconds later, but meanwhile the other guy's up there ready to powershield and punish. Without fail. O.o Or I'd see something coming--even something as slow as a charged fsmash from Ike--and not be able to shield thanks to that slight lag. Point being, this is a very long-winded way of saying that on the rare occasion I CAN see something coming, yeah, I can't do anything about it either. XD

Inorite! I can't work with that.
sometimes i'd rather fight a cpu than go online. but your right, cpus are better than nothing.
i just hate it when i get used to online input lag then i go offline and play and my timing and spacing are all screwed up. lol.
one of the long-term effects of wifi.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Yo Abum you on AIM? we should take this off the General discussion because it's soo off topic lol
Why? We're discussing how amazing Marth players are, so it's on topic.

But yea, SN is up now.

Anyone else wanna join the "musical marth discussion", IM me, I'll make a chat room. i'll be around till I gotta get ready for my 4th BBQ (lol, yea, mad late).

Dancing blades is a good move.

I like the twirly variation.
Yes! Reason why Marth is such an amazing punisher. Unfortunately, down version sucks.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Sweet! "Phantom of the Opera" duet? I can sing Vibrato too, it's probably the style that I'm best at (probably would prefer being better at hip-hop, but what can you do?).

For the people who saw my pic earlier, my music tastes are mad eclectic
Aaah I love Phantom of the Opera! Haha.

And as are mine! XD

marthshadow said:
sometimes i'd rather fight a cpu than go online. but your right, cpus are better than nothing.
i just hate it when i get used to online input lag then i go offline and play and my timing and spacing are all screwed up. lol.
one of the long-term effects of wifi.
me too. And vice versa. I try to avoid even playing around in the practice stage so I don't get too used to, you know, actually responsive controls. XD

and I love DB and all it's variations! Drawback is, I have this stupid problem where for some reason I DS instead of DB up-version. XD

also, I'll try to hop on aim too, if that's okay?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
*Raises Hand*

I played the trombone in 4th grade. My instructor told me to just pretend I was playing notes during the concerts because I was so bad. I think she was just jealous of my skill. Thoughts?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
*Raises Hand*

I played the trombone in 4th grade. My instructor told me to just pretend I was playing notes during the concerts because I was so bad. I think she was just jealous of my skill. Thoughts?
Definitely, keep believing that.

Wind instruments are tough though, you keep up with them?

i was first chair flute 4th-7th but then i got bored so i quit

real men play flute btw
Awesome, too bad you didn't keep up with it.

Not interested in our musical marths chat? I'm hurt.

Inle~Orichas

Smash Journeyman
"joins the musical Marth discussion"

I actually currently take vocal at my High School, and my range is actually wide enough to cover the Tenor and Bass ranges. I think its refered to as a 'wide range' baritone. I also took Beginner Strings (Strings for Scrubs) and played the viola. The Viola is only 2-3 times more manly than the flute.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Did you know that every time I hear the song "Heaven Is A Place on Earth", I think of NEO's Roy because of this? True story. Weird how things happen like that.

Also, tomorrow I'm going to try to get my Wi-fi on my Wii working again. Macthes if that happens, anyone?

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Virg definitely didn't see the vid posted last page lmao.

And I'm down for some wi-fi tomorrow :)

Top Bottom