• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
i feel the same way. that's what has been happening to my marth. i use him to fight n00bs in the meet & greet and i get used to bad habits that don't work on better people. now i have to start training my marth all over again by finding some good people to fight.
I was debating whether I should go there for some matches. I'll think I'll just stay with the OTLers for match-up practice when I must resort to wifi.

Tari

Smash Apprentice
I just realized...

If you're not naturally amazing, to consistently get better you can only play Marth only with people significantly better than you or you're not used to.

Otherwise you get used to bad styles or certain styles and you don't mix it up enough which terrible for Marth (and other characters too but especially with Marth).

That means if you play one person a lot and you guys go even if you're both good you're not going to get better after a while, unless one of you significantly improves from an outside influence (like playing other people in tournament).

Kinda dumb :/
I completely agree, but I still have one thing to say about it..

Gaaaaaaaay! I won't get better then.

Roxas M

Smash Master
I was debating whether I should go there for some matches. I'll think I'll just stay with the OTLers for match-up practice when I must resort to wifi.
that's where i go too. don't go to the meet & greet if your going to use marth. it's fun 2-3 stocking n00bs and helping them get better but it screwed up my marth big time. i got used to alot of bad habits like the dreaded F-smash spam. lol

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
@Darc - Yeah, I love Asian girls. I'm going to explore their music and videos more this summer. Perhaps you can help me get started

@Steel - lol you don't play this game, lmao

@Neo - You're not even good.

@Clowsui - Those girls looked really good, but the song wasn't good enough to favorite, nor was it catchy at all. I prefer American versions of sultry choreography. Considering THS is reknown for it's really amazing dancers (and I'll tell you from first hand experience that they really are good dancers), and that I have loads of female Spanish friends, you'll need more than that to impress me.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Guys, I'm having a sixteenth birthday party in Sept. So far I got like 110+ peoplee invited, this is time for you Marth's to get in on a free party xP

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
Located in NY? Count this Marth out. Toooooo faaaaaar
i would come but i'm in cali. i guess i'll wish you a early happy sixteenth birthday.
have fun marths.
Lol, bithday wishes count just as much =] Thanks guys.

I went to my friends house today for some friendlies after basketball and half a day of doing nothing, I was so scrubby with Marth and DeDeDe -_-

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Oh wait. I just realized, Viet said I DON'T think the Marth v TL matchup is easy mode.

Correct, I don't.

Jerm keeps tryin to convince me its even lmao. I wouldn't go that far.

Tari

Smash Apprentice
Lol, bithday wishes count just as much =] Thanks guys.

I went to my friends house today for some friendlies after basketball and half a day of doing nothing, I was so scrubby with Marth and DeDeDe -_-
Lol I realized I didn't even wish you in that post. Happy Sixteenth. If you don't feel any different, you will in a few days. lol

Popertop

Smash Champion
I just realized...

If you're not naturally amazing, to consistently get better you can only play Marth only with people significantly better than you or you're not used to.

Otherwise you get used to bad styles or certain styles and you don't mix it up enough which terrible for Marth (and other characters too but especially with Marth).

That means if you play one person a lot and you guys go even if you're both good you're not going to get better after a while, unless one of you significantly improves from an outside influence (like playing other people in tournament).

Kinda dumb :/
this is why you have to work at being amazing naturally.

srsly sometimes when I wanna play (I don't get to play during the week like I used to) and I can't play with people around me without getting worse, I will imagine scenarios in my head ( like a sticky situation ) and work through what my options are and what my opponent is likely to punish with. this helps me think of something unexpected to avoid punishment, or at least take a minimal amount of damage. you gotta remember that sometimes it's better to just take a little bit of damage just to reset the field and get out of bad position than to try and out guess somebody.

A lot of times I just try to think better than I normally do and come up with better strategies.

Roxas M

Smash Master
Lol guys you can save it, I still have 2 months =P But thanks *feels so loved*

Psh, and they say the Peach boards are friendly, and got **** on the Marth boards :)
the peach boards have got nothing on us. lol. once you get to know us, we are nice people. (most of us anyways)lol.

takeurlife2

Smash Ace
You outrange lucario in the air and outrange everything but fsmash on the ground.

If you grab lucario you can keep pummeling over and over until he ground releases and regrab him, he can roll out of it but then that becomes a tech chase.

Jab and fair cancel auraspheres nicely.

Eh I find the match up pretty easy :/.
lucario's roll is a tool in this matchup. Marth approaches from the air, ROLL, grab or whatever cario wants besides slow stupid sideB that yall love.

Also, your fsmash outranges Marth's SH->whatever, therefore its your anti-air attack. And it kills marth stupid early.

Cario's fair might not have as much range as marth's but it is a free kill if you catch marth in air anywhere near the edge after his double jump. Just fair fair fair fair fair fair till death. Lee has caught me and roy and dphat and several others with these shenanigans. Really, range isnt EVERYTHING.

and PLEASE, that grab release is hardly matchup-breaking. The most marth can hope for is like 14 damage TOTAL from it. I mean, D3 has a tech chase on GW, is the matchup in D3's favor? -.-

I agree marth should win, but it's definately not a shutout.

∫unk

Smash Master
this is why you have to work at being amazing naturally.

srsly sometimes when I wanna play (I don't get to play during the week like I used to) and I can't play with people around me without getting worse, I will imagine scenarios in my head ( like a sticky situation ) and work through what my options are and what my opponent is likely to punish with. this helps me think of something unexpected to avoid punishment, or at least take a minimal amount of damage. you gotta remember that sometimes it's better to just take a little bit of damage just to reset the field and get out of bad position than to try and out guess somebody.

A lot of times I just try to think better than I normally do and come up with better strategies.
haha its poperpro :D

it's not really a problem with my main just marth.

i dunno the best advice is just to play a lot, have fun, and stay focused. don't worry about past results and who you're playing.

clowsui

Smash Legend
i agree w/ jun

after all, he did tell me the same thing in an aim convo rofl

also, @pierce: time to try harder next time :<
though i think darc will help you way better than me lol, i tend to follow w/e he links in his sig etc.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
TL v. Marth is not even. But it's not easy mode either. Personally, I think it's a fun match-up.

Guys, I'm having a sixteenth birthday party in Sept. So far I got like 110+ peoplee invited, this is time for you Marth's to get in on a free party xP
Free party? Where? Lol, happy b-day bro.

Actually didn't notice you're in Queens. I live in LI, but I'm in Queens all the time. Friendlies sometime?

BacklashMarth

Smash Lord
True but falco's lazers don't come back to get you once you jump over them >.>. But i suppose TL can be fun to fight after you manage to get in his face. However the fun wears off once you realize that all the little ******* play exactly the same no matter who is holding the controller.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Did someone need lucario help?
Also, Welcome to the U.S. Shaya, lol
Did anyone ever notice that the internetism spam is a fallible term for repetitive behavior, due to the the acronym standing for Sporadically Posting Annoying Messages (or the funnier Suspiciously Pinkish Adulterated Meat). Just wondering.
TL can be really obnoxious, all the projectiles are ones I don't really like being on the business end of. Okay, arrows aren't all that bad, but some of the others are really icky, and that zair.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Walking through TL spam is so fun. Just PS everything and the TL player starts to get frustrated :)

Something about bombs makes them difficult to consistently PS, though.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
True but falco's lazers don't come back to get you once you jump over them >.>. But i suppose TL can be fun to fight after you manage to get in his face. However the fun wears off once you realize that all the little ******* play exactly the same no matter who is holding the controller.
toon link is one of the most versatile characters in the game
lmao

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I dunno, I think it's pretty easy to get past. PS + jab-walk, plus catching bombs, np.

Then again, I love the Ganon v. Diddy match-up (as Ganon) so maybe I'm just a masochist.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
So.. I'm guessing you have to make them hit your back? Or b-reversal counter? <-- Is the later even possible?
Basically, and no don't think so. It's fairly easy to make it connect from the rear if they're recovering below the ledge.

Top Bottom