• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(」・ω・)」 MARS la Marf in Smash 4 (/・ω・)/

feardragon64

Smash Champion
There could be a lot of variation actually. IMO a lot of marth stuff has become so "standard" that people forget that Roy_R/myself were doing it first before anyone, and for a while. Like it sounds arrogant, but that doesn't change the fact it's true.
Wel it's not being arrogant. It just means you guys were advancing the metagame. Anyone who doesn't think that is stuck in like April 08 >>

∫unk

Smash Master
so... on wednesday

feardragon, dot, junk, and warpstatus plus a few others will have a smashfest

videos will ensue... does anyone want to see a particular matchup?

warp plays zss
dot plays toon link
fear plays kirby and marth
i play... d3 secondary mk marth.

i know me and warp can play other high/top tiers but they aren't nearly as good as high level tournament players... like all my snake does is camp with nades and f-tilt and does the same thing over and over and hope i win. warp and i also have decent mid tiers/low tiers. but if you guys want to see a particular matchup i'll record it.

steel2nd is coming to the bay area but we can't play smash cause he's driving straight to the middle of nowhere after he lands in san francisco :( :( :(

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Junk, do I know dot?
Like, is he known?

∫unk

Smash Master
not really

i just started teaching him he goes to ucsc

but he played melee so he's super technical... he likes to run away then b reversal sh double arrow and he does it consistently i was like O_o

i'd pick u up bro but then what

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
i want to see marth vs. zss and ddd. those match ups are a pain for me. please. :D

∫unk

Smash Master
alright :)

ddd vs zss is way harder than marth vs zss... with penguin you can't do anything except roll back if the zss didn't mess up spacing (usually high level matches are near 8 minutes cause of this), at least with marth you can keep pressuring with f-air oos

and items are stupid lol

∫unk

Smash Master
way harder for d3

a good zss is really really hard to approach, and d3's approach options are already limited

pretty much it comes down to her side b (which is incredible shield pressure vs someone with a bad shield) outranging d3's grab which makes it annoying

feardragon64

Smash Champion
someone pick me up at san fran
Where you headed/need to be dropped off and what day do you get here?
Of course if you're going south from SF you can take bart straight from the SFO airport.

Junk is going to **** me tomorrow. So are Dot and Warpstar. In all the videos just watch me to see what not to do. lol
Anyways, I play Marth and Kirby, but I occasionally mess around with Sheik. Of course it's like one of the worst Sheiks you can imagine.

Junk you want me to bring a recording setup?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
im going to tuolumne aka middle of nowhere, norcal 5 hr drive

but im also going to go to modesto a few times to visit my cousins, where i can possibly get picked up by jun then we can have fun time.

and i think ill be there aug 12-16th, leaving the 17th to hawaii for a week

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Marth would have way too much class to listen to Lil Wayne

**** that ***** lil wayne.

Marth would listen to like classical music lol
Naw.

If you put Marth in Lil Waynes place in "Lollipop"s music video I think marth would fit right in.

People just can't admit that Marth is a ******* G.

But I don't wanna spark a debate so I'll but out and wait for a topic change.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
On the youtube video's frames(not the actual game's frame count), DDD is turned the exact frame he brings up his shield. That's what I find weird. So either DDD pivots and shields so fast that the screen capture didn't catch the frames inbetween or there's a magical way to pivot your shield that I don't know about.

That's my guess anyways.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
That was creepy.

But I think that its just that D3 didn't continue his shield out of the dodge, then turned around and shielded so fast that the turn around animation was canceled.

Wait, can you do that in Brawl?

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I was looking at it in 1/4 speed in training mode, and it looks like DDD's sheild starts coming up as he pivots. Didn't work like that for Snake though.

Viquey

Smash Journeyman
Ohey! WB ToZ! ^^

No.

What genre of music would Marth listen to?
I'm thinking rap. Maybe Lupe or Lil Wayne.

Lollipop
LOL. I'm trying to picture Marth listening to rap... it's... not working. :laugh:

Classical stuff is more his style, I'd imagine. Like the FE music and the Brawl main theme. And like... the orchestra playing at a medieval masquerade ball or something. XD

Xisin

Smash Ace
NNID
Xisin14
going with classical due to marths attire and surrounding in game. he wears a tunic and breeches for christ sakes

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
On the youtube video's frames(not the actual game's frame count), DDD is turned the exact frame he brings up his shield. That's what I find weird. So either DDD pivots and shields so fast that the screen capture didn't catch the frames inbetween or there's a magical way to pivot your shield that I don't know about.
Yeah, I'm 99% sure this is the case.

**Havok**

Smash Lord
Shaya says:

Yeah I'm not beating Havok in Marth dittos anymore, but when I was I got a couple of 3 stocks :D

getting closer to winning again... slowly; but Havok seems happy I'm here to get his marth back up to scratch, his definitely was rusty when I first got here.

Are you coming over tomorrow MikeHaze?

Top Bottom