• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Can't wait for a billion people to try to pick up zss so that:

A. They figure out the character is bad
B. ICs start to decline due to being hard countered
C. Unbinding grab starts to seem like a viable metagame trend

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
And suddenly everyone is in the Zero Suit Boards o _ o
Hello folks
Welcome

SWEET JESUS THERE ARE TOO MANY PEOPLE

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well allow me to be one of the first to congratulate Salem on winning Apex 2013. Honestly, this has been the best brawl moment that my eyes have witnessed. I'm proud of him, simple as that.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
"Biospock: SEXY SAMUS PLAYED BY A BLACK BADASS CAN LIFE GET ANYBETTER"
Guy summed it up for me

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
But but but
ZSS was the character I was already practicing (specially because just yerterday I got a Brawl disc), now I'll be just a part of the mainstream :c

Can't wait for a billion people to try to pick up zss so that:

A. They figure out the character is bad
B. ICs start to decline due to being hard countered
C. Unbinding grab starts to seem like a viable metagame trend
So much this ♥.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I've thought of Salem to be the best player to have ever graced this character prior to Apex but DAMN!

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Eddie G, we'll have none of your Peachy kind in these parts : P
(kidding. HI BRO <3)

Sinister your avatar is adorable

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Thanks holmes, yours is pretty cute too :b

i prefer the blondes though

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
When you're character wins a national, beats mr r., mikeneko, mikehaze, otori, etc. plus m2k twice, and wins a national this is what happens.
This was an international.

Also, I said it. I said I was going to pick up Zamus if Salem won, and I guess I'm doing it now. As a secondary, of course, I'm not dropping Wario (although ZSS is a really good secondary because she does well vs. D3 and Marth).

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
You may have a point. Regardless, I do need a new secondary, Wolf isn't exactly helping me out. How's Pikachu?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Pikachu does ok against marth and does very well against Dedede.

If you want to play ZSS, you should, but you've got to remember that Salem practiced the game a lot to get his tech skill to the level it's at.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
LOL btw at some of the commentary on ZSS at Apex. My favorite part was when M2K got dsmashed at like 94%, sitting at 105% after the dsmash, and i thought "if salem uses fair and lands both hits he's dead." Salem killed him, crowd and commentary can't believe MK died.

Like, do people not know ZSS kills really early? There are basic facts about each character everyone knows, like when they can kill you, how much damage they can do, what their punishes are like and so on. I'm always so amused when the commentary says stuff like "oh, wow, zss can link dash attack to up tilt?!"

ZSS fresh side-b kils MK at like 100, fair at around the same time, and bair a little later, the issue is that it's really easy to stale moves with ZSS. But fair was fresh, obv it is going to kill.

Biz_R_0

Smash Ace
Obviously I'm not gonna be as good as Salem if I just use her as a secondary. With secondaries, I focus more on specific MUs than general mastery of the character, and ZSS would be pretty good against those characters.

WCS it doesn't work out and I have to grit my teeth and pick up Diddy (the only character with positive MUs against both, AFAIK).

edit: I don't mean to undermine the amount of skill it takes to learn, however I'm not going back on my word until I at least try.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Would be interested in hearing your thoughts about the weekend though.

In b4 no one knew matchup didn't hold R enough
I didn't even watch stream, was watching Walking Dead with my girlfriend.

Once Salem's matches are up I'd be willing to take a look at them, though, in a non-troll way, for once.

Very few players know the ZSS matchup, but even fewer players know the janky way Salem plays. That's not an excuse at high level, though - Most people just don't know how to learn matchups. I can't really seriously attribute it to that until I see his matches though.

Top Bottom