• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Smash moves are constructed differently from other attacks in brawl. They have a start-up duration separate from move's animation to facilitate charging. When you charge a move, the charge starts after this initial duration period (in usmash's case, 5 frames) and then when you release the charge, it begins on frame "6" of the second part of the move (with the first hitbox coming out on frame 9, or frame 4, however you want to think of it). When we count frame data, we start over on frame one for this second half for the sake of technical clarity, although it only helps if you know this fact already.

BTW, this is part of the reason charged dsmash is so damn good. The initial start-up animation is 16 frames, meaning when you release the move it comes very very fast.

TL;DR usmash is out on frame 9.

Tesh

Smash Hero
^ Yea some moves have amazingly good charge releases. I think Ivysaur has a frame 1 on his fsmash.

tl;dr upsmash still bad

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Whoops, yeah my bad. I was looking at this but the start-up is listed after the hitbox data, and quite a big chunk is dedicated to the individual hitboxes takes up quite a big chunk of the chart.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
That sounds better than doing tournaments nobody (literally NOBODY) attends to.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Social thread's dead, so I guess I'll shamelessly plug in this one instead.

I released my album today. It is free-or-pay-what-you-want, so even if you can't throw me any beer money right now, download it for free and let me know what you think. Make sure you read the description before listening so you have the right expectations. I look forward to hearing what my ZSS boardies have to say.

http://evanpattison.bandcamp.com

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Social thread's dead, so I guess I'll shamelessly plug in this one instead.

I released my album today. It is free-or-pay-what-you-want, so even if you can't throw me any beer money right now, download it for free and let me know what you think. Make sure you read the description before listening so you have the right expectations. I look forward to hearing what my ZSS boardies have to say.

http://evanpattison.bandcamp.com
Bro the whole thing is ****ing awesome, you should so try to make that videogame happen or have someone make it great stuff with the music loving it <3

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
I will fly tomorrow to USA.
The first days i will stay with Zero and M2K and many more at Vex house in Philadelphia.

See you at Apex!

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Quiksilver, when you practice with Will, play bad so he doesn't learn the MU.
eg don't use usmash.

I want to win my MM against him :(

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Welp, no longer able to go to Apex guys

Tear em up for me ZSS's

should photoshop my fat *** into the picture later :p

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Quik beat Denti cause Denti SD'ed at 0% on Delfino, I think it was 2-0
We'll take it :awesome:

Quik loses to Zero
Salem loses to Vinnie again

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
o.o
No, Quik is still in losers', and he lost to ZeRo in winners' cause ZeRo is in WFs.

Unless he lost to Vex in pools or some ****.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Ohwait, you mean today?

All I know is yesterday's Collision. Any link to that?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
http://www.twitch.tv/ABStreams

(They switch between Brawl and Melee periodically depending on whether or not there's a good match available to be streamed)

Quik takes game 1 off of Orion's MK on SV, 2 stock high %
Quik wins games 2 against Orion LSLH on BF, 2-0
QUIK VS SALEM LET'S ****ING GO

QUIK WINS GAME 1 LSLH ON SV
Quik loses games 2 and 3 :(

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=15216154#post15216154

Just made this post, i see that this way. Ofc it was pretty hard to lose the lead so stupid..

i played good against Zero and lost the same way against him as with Salem in Game 3. I really need to learn that last hit **** wtf :(

and thanks for ppl cheering me. salem told me that story with riddle a bit, why we just cooperate together to get the character level up? Don't hate so much each other Americans.

:phone:

Top Bottom