• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
not sure, read it on facebook.
is he going to Apex?

i remember him playing at SRT, but he only got 33rd. it seems he increased a lot lol

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I still don't think he's that great from the vids I saw.
He looked like a less smooth Salem tbqh.
The only vid of him up is him losing to Mikeneko... so...

Dakpo

Smash Lord
I still don't think he's that great from the vids I saw.
He looked like a less smooth Salem tbqh.
The only vid of him up is him losing to Mikeneko... so...
Did you not see the video of him taking Otori to game 3?
Also, no one is as smooth as Salem.

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
there are also some matches of Mikeneko and me on yt x)

what has more knockback: Side-B or Suit Piece?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah I remember SFP saying something like they get stronger as they stale.
But they definitely deal less damage.

Also for those that are unaware, Salem went to PS5. Demolished Kain, beat Tyrant, got bodied by Ally and lost to an Olimar named L_Cancel. Got 7th.
It was a weird tournament overall. Tyrant lost to Lain, MJG lost to people you've probably never heard of, LOE1 outplaced Tyrant, etc etc.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Yeah, I've heard that suit pieces have more knockback as they stale too, but it also depends on if you're controlling a single piece or multiple ones. At any rate, I prefer them for kill potential. I try to keep one in hand majority of the match and only let go of it to Z-drop or glide toss up/down. There's a slight frame advantage that it gives you when spacing too. I've always preferred having it.

And dashing/ glidetossing in one direction and canceling momentum with an immediate, pivot neutral+B is glorious too.

(pressing in the direction you're moving, tap back once and then neutral+B for people who don't know. lol)

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Try this: z-drop item, let it bounce. Use player 2 to walk up to it while it's bouncing to take damage. Then do it again before it stops bouncing.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
It's hard to do consistently. However if you practice doing it safely (ie if you screw it up, you slide up the slope rather than going under the stage) then you can still throw people off by sliding up the slope and landing on stage.

If they're expecting it and you screw it up though, it'll be super easy to punish.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I've only done it four times now, but it's a pretty awesome AT once you get it down. That video helped a lot too. Thanks, Peace.

Question though. When you're halfway through the stage, is it possible to get spiked? Or if you get hit, does it register you under the stage or phaze you to the bottom for a stage spike? I've only used it in training mode, so I haven't been punished for using it yet.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Haven't tried. Although since I noticed that the only way to prevent yourself from going through the stage is to have ZSS' ENTIRE body above the stage (ie if any part of her is still 'inside' the stage, even just the tip of her foot, then she will fall through), if part of you is inside the stage and you get meteor smashed you're probably going to die.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Depends on it being a spike or a Meteor and is strenght?
ZSS has a long tether, maybe if you know you're going to get spiked, DI towards the ledge and UpB.... maybe?

C.J.

Smash Master
Just because/more info about it:

In Melee, a move that sent downwards between 260 and 280 degrees were seen as meteor smashes and the game was programmed to allow moves that hit in those trajectory to be meteor canceled. If a move sent at a downward angle, but was outside that range (e.g. 290 degrees), it wasn't able to be meteor canceled and was then considered a "spike."

In Brawl the range of degrees was changed to include the Melee spikes and is now 230 to 310 degrees.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
If you dsmash someone below a platform after middish percents (like 50 for lightweights and 90 or so for heavyweights) and jab them at exactly the right moment as they come through it, they will be forced into an impact state on top of the platform

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
can anyone tell me how to do the trick where i can footstool over items or something? is there a thread for general gameplay AT's? i cant find one so im just gonna ask this on here

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
You can only footstool items with the downB footstool.
To downB footstool, use your downB but don't use the kick, and press jump/up when you're above a person/item.

Or if you're lazy like the rest of us, you can hold jump/up and it will footstool for you ASAP.

There's a thread here called "The Complete Guide to Zero Suit Samus" or something along those lines. It hasn't been updated since like 2010 but most of the information in there is still accurate. After my finals are done I will update it, but go there now to learn about ZSS' ATs.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
You don't hold jump.
You press down-b, and then press jump at any point during the flip, and it'll automatically flipstool.
That easy.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
You don't hold jump.
You press down-b, and then press jump at any point during the flip, and it'll automatically flipstool.
That easy.
Wait so if you press jump even like 20 frames before you can possibly flipstool anything, you'll flipstool it even though you're not pressing jump/up anymore?
O.o

Top Bottom