• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
does it work on characters too or does that just do a 3rd jump? i got the footstool to work on the items btw :) thanks im starting to get a good feel for zss.

Youngster Joey

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4871-5018-1679
because its only been doing the 3rd jump glitch thing for me and i didnt wanna try it for a while only to find out it doesnt work. i wanna find out its possible before trying it

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
ZSS can downB footstool items and people. Even invincible people on the ledge.

If the character is in the animation of a move/dodge, you get the really high vertical footstool
If not, you get the horizontal footstool.

She can horizontal footstool in either direction (ie left/right)
If you downB left and horizontal footstool out of that downB, regardless of which direction you footstool in she will be facing left.
If you downB right, then you will be facing left.

Think of it like...if you started the downB when you were to the _____ of your opponent, ZSS will be facing that direction.
The spinning animation associated with the horizontal footstool is quite long, but you can interrupt it with an aerial/airdodge/item toss/item catch/landing on a platform/special. You can NOT interrupt it with a jump. Since it lasts so long, if you watch to jump out of the footstool, it's actually faster to do one of those things --> jump than it is to wait for the animation to end, then jump.

That should tell you everything about her downB footstools

Tesh

Smash Hero
ZSS can downB footstool items and people. Even invincible people on the ledge.

If the character is in the animation of a move/dodge, you get the really high vertical footstool
If not, you get the horizontal footstool.

This part is wrong, you can do vertical or horizontal flipstools off of items, invincible people, people in animations and people not in animations
She can horizontal footstool in either direction (ie left/right)
If you downB left and horizontal footstool out of that downB, regardless of which direction you footstool in she will be facing left.
If you downB right, then you will be facing left.

Think of it like...if you started the downB when you were to the _____ of your opponent, ZSS will be facing that direction.
The spinning animation associated with the horizontal footstool is quite long, but you can interrupt it with an aerial/airdodge/item toss/item catch/landing on a platform/special. You can NOT interrupt it with a jump. Since it lasts so long, if you watch to jump out of the footstool, it's actually faster to do one of those things --> jump than it is to wait for the animation to end, then jump.

That should tell you everything about her downB footstools
You can also footstool items as you pick them up. Or rather pick them up right after footstooling them.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Pretty sure you're wrong Tesh. But if you're not then show me. I've only ever gotten the vertical flipstool from flipstooling characters that were in the middle of doing something.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Wait no, I might be wrong about the items, but you can horizontal flipstool off of shields, invincible people and people in animations.

EDit: nah im right

inputs seem exactly the same to me regardless of what im footstooling, dont see how both of you ZSS mains think this isnt possible. You can even footstool the smashball (HOW COOL IS THAT!?)

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
You can footstool an item and pcik it up? What sorcery is this? That's so ****ing broken LOL

WOW you can.

Tap up during down-b footstool, then hit A right before you touch it.

Tesh, what input are you using for vertical footstools?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
@ SFP, its just holding the analog stick straight up instead of upleft or upright.
That definitely does not work.

Are you sure we're talking about the same thing? If you flipstool someone doing an action you fly super high into the air, that's the "vertical" flipstool we're talking about.

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
Pretty sure you're wrong Tesh. But if you're not then show me. I've only ever gotten the vertical flipstool from flipstooling characters that were in the middle of doing something.
Yea.. it happens, when I footstool a shielding opponent for example.
I don't like the vertical flipstool it is annoying.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Yo...
So...
ZSS stuns somebody... Ness releases magnet when they start to fly... ZSS re-stuns them.

I'm winning teams at Apex.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Or Ness could just grab them when they're frozen and pummel and you space another dsmash so that it hits the opponent but not Ness.
(ie it doesn't even have to be a grab release, dsmash the opponent during the grab, it works as long as you don't do it at the very beginning of the grab)

Tesh

Smash Hero
That definitely does not work.

Are you sure we're talking about the same thing? If you flipstool someone doing an action you fly super high into the air, that's the "vertical" flipstool we're talking about.
Maybe we aren't. I went straight up, but not "super high". Didn't really change the fact that i was never forced to pick a direction.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Dammit Tesh, I thought you were being useful again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G74j98xlooA
1:09 = 'horizontal flipstool'
2:48 = 'vertical flipstool'

I know it's a bit of a misnomer but we've been calling it that for years cause we figured anyone who's seen both would know which one we're referring to. Have you really never seen the high one?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well seeing as I went straight up, I figured that was the vertical one. I have seen the super high one, but I've never done it on an item or player animated or not. What do you call the little jump she does then? A low vertical flipstool?

I'm still certain you can do the horizontal one no matter what you footstool.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm talking about the one where she goes straight up. I'm guessing there are 2 different ones.

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
Yo...
So...
ZSS stuns somebody... Ness releases magnet when they start to fly... ZSS re-stuns them.

I'm winning teams at Apex.
I had the chance to team up with Shaky on the tournament in Paris the next two weeks.
Sadly i won't go to this tournament :(

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Ok, Tesh for your sake we'll use 2 different terms; low spinny footstool and tall footstool.
The tall footstool is the 2nd one I provided with the link, and as we were saying, it only happens when you footstool somebody that's doing an attack/dodge/throw/item toss. The low spinny footstool is the 1st one, where you can go fast horizontally in either direction or go straight up (barely) as you said, depending on how you angle the analog. It happens when you footstool an item, or when you footstool somebody that's not doing any of the things I just mentioned (ie they're just standing /crouching /crawling /walking /running /jumping /falling /not moving at all)

We got excited cause we thought you were telling us that you could do the tall footstool on an item. ._.

Twigz

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, I'm like still on the journey to find my main and stumbled upon ZSS, played her a bit and she's really fun.

What I'd like to ask is, what are the most basic /essential things that a beginner to ZsS should learn.

What's a good training program for her?

Thanks in advance :) yours truly Twigz!

:phone:

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
The best thing you can do is watch videos of high level players like Quiksilver, NickRiddle, Salem, V115, Dakpo. I would put stress on learning to be mobile, which means learning a lot of little things like b-reversals. Also, ZSS isn't a flow-chart character, you need to learn a lot of match-ups individually to play her well.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Ok, Tesh for your sake we'll use 2 different terms; low spinny footstool and tall footstool.
The tall footstool is the 2nd one I provided with the link, and as we were saying, it only happens when you footstool somebody that's doing an attack/dodge/throw/item toss. The low spinny footstool is the 1st one, where you can go fast horizontally in either direction or go straight up (barely) as you said, depending on how you angle the analog. It happens when you footstool an item, or when you footstool somebody that's not doing any of the things I just mentioned (ie they're just standing /crouching /crawling /walking /running /jumping /falling /not moving at all)

We got excited cause we thought you were telling us that you could do the tall footstool on an item. ._.
Ah see the thing is, I was getting the same result from footstooling items, animated and neutral characters. I could do the short vertical and the long horizontal on any of the 3. So how do I get the super high vertical then?

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
The 'short vertical' and 'long horizontal' footstool are the same footstool, it's just that with the former you don't choose a horizontal direction and with the latter, you do.

aka they're both the LSF

The HFF, as I've said twice already, only occurs when you footstool somebody that's doing something (attack/dodge/throw/grab/item toss etc)

If you somehow managed to do the LSF on a character doing one of the aforementioned things, please show me O.O

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Hmmm..then I really don't know what makes the difference.
Maybe you have to hold up and footstool somebody while they're in the middle of doing something?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I think you have to actually time the jump to get the vertical one, similar to how you have to time the jump to refresh your jump/down-b after flipstooling an item.

Top Bottom