• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
Just play B+. ZSS is fun in B+.
quite fun.

a question..

when brawling, you hit your opponent of the stage (ex. on FD);

is it necessary, when they try to recover, to run and jump towards them + neutral b and if it lands, jump + fair?..then dspecail recover?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
when brawling, you hit your opponent of the stage (ex. on FD);

is it necessary, when they try to recover, to run and jump towards them + neutral b and if it lands, jump + fair?..then dspecail recover?
Not necessary, but it looks cool.

It's actually better if they airdodge the Paralyzer, because you can punish the airdodge really easily.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Can someone tell me the match up against Luigi? I am a Luigi player and I find it hard to beat ZSS.

Thanks in advance
n-air, down B **** us p. hard.

Learn our hitboxes and learn how to get some bull**** SHORYUKENS!

you honestly have no idea how much over B extends our hitbox.

Also we have the ****tiest grab ever so get in close and wreck our **** its tricky for us to punish.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace

Also we have the ****tiest grab ever so get in close and wreck our **** its tricky for us to punish.
I see. Thanks for the info. :)

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace

I see. Thanks for the info. :)

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
I have 2 questions

A whats a good followup to dsmash. i usualls just do another and a dair

B in my control scheme i have tapjump off. can i still do a d+B flipstool jump by holding up? how do you do that with tap jump of, or even with it on for that matter, i cant seem to do it

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
I have 2 questions

Here's what I do, there are some people who do weird combos like norad's nair3 to uair, but this is generally good for all characters:
If they're low percent (0-40), dsmashx2>DA>utilt
From mid percents (30-80) dsmashx2>fair
From around 40-60% we can dash lock, so you could do dsmash x2>DA lock>followup
If they're high, dsmashx2>bair, or if bair is stale fair or side b
If off stage, bair stage spike, falling bair (head hitbox) or down b spike depending on positioning

There are character specific ones too. Like Nick Riddles dsmash>footstool on DK. If you dsmash a character we can air release regrab or have guaranteed aerials on, you can do dsmashx2>grab>w/e. Against a few opponents we have dsmash chains, so you would want to continue them until they can escape and then do a fair or w/e.

B in my control scheme i have tapjump off. can i still do a d+B flipstool jump by holding up? how do you do that with tap jump of, or even with it on for that matter, i cant seem to do it
Just hold up on the analog stick and you'll footstool as soon as you possibly can out of a down b.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Lol @nef u knew I was going to post my n-air3 combo, also I have landed it on some good people recently, its p. gay ****, its fairly demoralizing too.
I have 2 questions

GAHHHHHHHHHH, people here know how much I have answered this question with a flow chart but here we go much shorter than normal.

quick note at higher %s the stun lasts slightly longer, so somethings like d-smash,d-smash,j.overB only work at high damages.

d-smash, down B spike
d-smash,d-smash,daz-lock
d-smash,d-smash,dashattack,u-tilt
d-smash,d-smash,sh.(f-air/b-air/u-air/(close)overB(needs more damage)*depends which is more degraded f-air does most damage FYI)
d-smash, jabx2,cc.jabx2,sh.f-air descale refresh's alot of your buffer.
my lolz so much damage combo.
d-smash,jabx2,cc.sh.ff.n-air3,dash.sh.(weak)u-air,ff.(weak)u-air,j.(weak)u-air,j.b-air
*LOLOLOL COMBO, gotta adjust for DI and if they DI the n-air backwards from where they got f-smashed you can get a weak u-air proplerly but at low percents which is the only time this will work anyways it will link into another u-air anyways but then it cuts short.
*note I suggest not doing the 2 jabs most of the time it requires EXTREMELY specific percentages and really quick timing on the jab then n-air, also it will flat out not work on more characters
*yes this does work and on most the cast.

what **** means...
,=link
sh=shorthop
j=full jump
cc=crouch cancel
ff=fastfall
weak u-air refers to the hitbox on the upper back part of u-air that hits the oppenents weirdly
n-air3 refers to the hitbox right in the center back of ZSS for some reason it has extra hitstun

In response to the head tapping I find that having tap jump off = better makes it easier to not accidentally jumping when trying to headtap normally also if you don't headtap off of teammates in doubles in order to get ZSS's INSANE headtap jump height u ain't doing it right.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Norad I just have never understood why you would want to do that combo, aside from demoralization like you mentioned.

Dsmash>nair3>weak uair>strong uair is 37 damage, but it's harder to pull off first of all, second it stales your uair. It only really works at low percents, so my alternative choice would be Dsmashx2>DA>utilt. Instead of staling your uair, you stale your DA. That combo will put you close to dash lock percents from 0-low percents, and it also stales your DA so that you can start the dash lock sooner, and doesn't stale any kill moves, and does more damage, and still sets up your juggle with the utilt

noradseven

Smash Lord
Norad I just have never understood why you would want to do that combo, aside from demoralization like you mentioned.

Dsmash>nair3>weak uair>strong uair is 37 damage, but it's harder to pull off first of all, second it stales your uair. It only really works at low percents, so my alternative choice would be Dsmashx2>DA>utilt. Instead of staling your uair, you stale your DA. That combo will put you close to dash lock percents from 0-low percents, and it also stales your DA so that you can start the dash lock sooner, and doesn't stale any kill moves, and does more damage, and still sets up your juggle with the utilt
because im retarted and love u-air u-air juggle, plus my u-air is already degraded horribly so this will not really matter.

Also I hate u-tilt for starting juggles its just terrible, dash attack, d-tilt is much better, for that.

Plus my setup leads into very good posistiong I said its 2 weak airs in a row, trust me that **** if at right damage its still a true combo after that, and and wrong damages, its really really solid pressure and almost always nets me more hits, normally ends up doing around 50% damage, plus it descales my b-air alot which is the main move I use for killing/spacing.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Is ZSS viable for competitive tournament play?
I think so , if anything its more of the community your going for then tounry wise unless your like a "pro" player and just go for money

I say ZSS is a pretty evenish character with many match ups in her favor (other then falco) and some that are not
but not enough that it doesn't make her tournament viable

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
If ZZS's side B is powershielded at its maximum range, which characters can punish it (they have 12 frames to play with).

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
If ZZS's side B is powershielded at its maximum range, which characters can punish it (they have 12 frames to play with).
Almost any character can powershield and grab a side-b.

There are a few exceptions, but most of them are bad characters, Zelda and Ganon most notably. On any other character side-b should almost always be considered a risk of the opposition knows the match-up well.

There are other punishments possible. If a Peach powershields side-b, for example, she can fair you. Nasty.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Also lol the cake combo isn't true but at certain damages its very good air-dodge trap, as in if they don't air dodge they get hit if they do guessing game time.

Is ZSS viable for competitive tournament play?
Just barely, almost every match is a struggle...at tourney play she feels like Im playing a difficult mid-low tier character rather than difficult high tier character, aka right what I always do *sigh.

In case you didn't realize brawl is p. unbalanced.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
ZSS is the Captain Falcon of Brawl, she is workable and a very good character but 10-11 characters above her are all common and more broken than she is.

Brickbox

Smash Master
3DS FC
0344-9566-1729
Hey my friend plays zero suit and I was wondering what a some of the bad habbits a newer Zss would use? What are some very easy setups and attacks that you people use? I do Not play as zss but I starting to train with her to help my friend.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Don't ever fsmash.

Use side-b and dsmash sparingly.

Learn to SPACE your aerials, learning to space uair is one of the hardest things to do when you are facing good opponents.

Top Bottom