• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

noradseven

Smash Lord
F-smash RULEZ :cool: *this just in dazwa still a jerk for closing my thread.*

True post watch vids of high level ZSS, its surprising on how many times good players go oh heh, my friends seconds ZSS and she is easy to beat, and the main confusion isn't that im better its that we don't play anything alike.

b-air, up air and down B(evasive/counter, not lol out of no where), are your best friends.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Hey my friend plays zero suit and I was wondering what a some of the bad habbits a newer Zss would use? What are some very easy setups and attacks that you people use? I do Not play as zss but I starting to train with her to help my friend.
Avoid approaching if you can. You'll find out quickly that ZSS has no safe approach options if she has to commit to them. It's best to camp at mid-range with spaced aerials.

noradseven

Smash Lord
What ph00t is trying to say is that jumping outside range of your opponent and throwing out moves that punish attacks, is a valid ZSS strategy.

I have no idea what I'm doing in this game. I just kinda wing it.

Btw, I have some new vids going up.
Mashen dem buttons. Snakeee just wants ZSS to put on nu-13s suit and show those falcos the meaning of projectile zoning :evil:

Also looking forward to new vids.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
F-smash RULEZ :cool: *this just in dazwa still a jerk for closing my thread.*
And you're still a jerk for suggesting F-smash has any use, but I suppose we can agree to disagree.

Glad to hear it Snakeee, I'm looking forward to attempting to learn your new style, since it seems my current style just isn't cutting it anymore.

Snakeee

Smash Master
And you're still a jerk for suggesting F-smash has any use, but I suppose we can agree to disagree.

Glad to hear it Snakeee, I'm looking forward to attempting to learn your new style, since it seems my current style just isn't cutting it anymore.
Thanks, there's definitely still holes in my game but it's a step up from camping Side B's/D-smash. You're a really adaptive player so you can definitely pick up some of it ...if it seems worth it at least lol.

Yeah Norad, <3 Nu :)

I got one kill the other day in tourney with D-smash - F-smash, but it was an accident Dazwa! I swear! X_X

EDIT: Oh, and Norad I found several new, and easy set ups for the drive lock on Tager XD

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Actually, I HAVE seen one good f-smash use, by PatG, but it was in teams. He managed to catch both of his opponents in a d-smash at 100% or so, so he f-smashed both of them. I defaulted on "WHY DID YOU F-SMASH," but then later thought about it and it kinda made sense.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Thanks, there's definitely still holes in my game but it's a step up from camping Side B's/D-smash. You're a really adaptive player so you can definitely pick up some of it ...if it seems worth it at least lol.

Yeah Norad, <3 Nu :)

I got one kill the other day in tourney with D-smash - F-smash, but it was an accident Dazwa! I swear! X_X

EDIT: Oh, and Norad I found several new, and easy set ups for the drive lock on Tager XD
Yes dazwa join the cool zone, secretly I still like d-smash though, over B ehhh not so much.

Im learning the obscure tager combos not really confident about using them online though, plus 6C,j.D finisher works on non magntized nu so...also been playing some good people lately so Im learning how to mix **** up much better, hell nu isn't even top 3 on HATE THIS MATCH, list, 1 arakune(gay match),ragna(I hate j.C),Hakumen(BORING). Carl/rachel/nu are bad matches but it at least feels like a game rather than arakune....ragna lol j.C, and hakumen lets both stand on opposite sides of the screen staring at each other.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I noticed you guys still have a hitbox thread yet. :(
Are there any plans to do one or get someone to do it for you? I'm really curious to some of her hitboxes.
hitbox threads are for scrubs who havn't played for 1 billion hours, everyone in here though is a pro :cool:.

Seriously all the hitbox threads I have seen so far are mostly WOAH XXX MOVE HAS INSANE RANGE, yeah we all knew that gg, it hits behind you too, uhhh duh everyone also knew that... and stuff like that.

Only 3 moves in our arsenal have weird hitboxes, u-air/n-air/over B after those 3 they are all fairly straightforward.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
hitbox threads are for scrubs who havn't played for 1 billion hours, everyone in here though is a pro :cool:.

Seriously all the hitbox threads I have seen so far are mostly WOAH XXX MOVE HAS INSANE RANGE, yeah we all knew that gg, it hits behind you too, uhhh duh everyone also knew that... and stuff like that.

Only 3 moves in our arsenal have weird hitboxes, u-air/n-air/over B after those 3 they are all fairly straightforward.
It'd be nice to know exactly where hitboxes are though. Sometimes they seem bigger/small than they should be.

Plus, I'd like to have a visual of where exactly our grab misses.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I was working on visible hit bubbles for ZSS earlier, but then I got a job and haven't been focusing on hit bubbles.

iAteUrRamen

Smash Rookie
What's a good KO move for zero suit Samus? All her attacks are fast and stuff, but the only good KO ones are the side special and the back aerial.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
What's a good KO move for zero suit Samus? All her attacks are fast and stuff, but the only good KO ones are the side special and the back aerial.
Bair is her most reliable kill move. Uair is pretty good too (though bear in mind that it will rarely be fresh), Fair if you can land it and down B kick if possible. Forward B is decent, and FSmash if you're desperate.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Yeah p. much we don't kill till mid/high percents without a gimp. F-air is p. great too though I get probably the most kills with that and b-air.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I'd like to know the exact range on our u-tilt as well, there are times I use it when it seems like it should hit and I whiff, being able to fix this would be awesome.

Also, seeing our huge uair would be pretty cool.

And I kinda want to see what up-smash looks like, out of curiosity.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I'd like to know the exact range on our u-tilt as well, there are times I use it when it seems like it should hit and I whiff, being able to fix this would be awesome.

Yeah its kinda hard to explain the way I think the hitbox is I see it like her feet have big bubbles coming out of them then there is a smalller one in the center of her body then on hit two its like V in terms of hit box, its weird yeah, some people probably would like to see that.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657

Uair isn't huge. It's good because whe you use it, most of ZSS' hurtbox is converted to hitbox.

At least I think.

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
I have a weird feeling that we've missed something about Dtilt... Some sort of small portion of hitbox we've yet to discover/use.

Call it a hunch.

lil cj

Smash Lord
Hey fellow ZSS players
I used ZSS as a second main
and she feels right but sometimes I find myself running out of things to do and start getting repetitive....also i dont know what to do in certain situations...idk how to explain it:(
Any helpful advice?

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Hey fellow ZSS players
I used ZSS as a second main
and she feels right but sometimes I find myself running out of things to do and start getting repetitive....also i dont know what to do in certain situations...idk how to explain it:(
Any helpful advice?
Time and practice. That's the best thing for you in this case.
What sort of situations are you having trouble with?

lil cj

Smash Lord
Time and practice. That's the best thing for you in this case.
What sort of situations are you having trouble with?
Thanks...i'll do that
Well, for example against characters like Wolf,Falco,Pikachu,and Sheik that have fast attacks and spamming projectiles or when an opponent doesnt approach and constantly shields.
Stuff like that
I mostly practice on wifi on FFA against anybody
and that gives me alot of trouble to keep up with all the action
I can only handle one opponent at a time lol

lil cj

Smash Lord
Use her as your main :)
good idea!
she seems like an almost perfect character in the right hands
and she does good against most of the top and high tiers
What really draws me to her is that she's even with Marth and I needed a charcter that can take him, thats not MK lol

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Nair is a special event assigned to a regular attack, so there are complications in viewing the hitbubbles. In other words, the parameters that we usually edit in order to create this phenomenon don't exist for nair.

That also explains why some of the weird things about nair happen; the random clashing, the way it doesnt' enter the attack table, etc. None of the paremeters that usually do these things exist for nair.

I dunno why they chose to program it that way.

PANTSMAGEE

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I'm new to ZSS so please help me with this one.

I've heard Snakee is the best ZSS, and he says ZSS can not be gimped. If ness spikes me and I can't even see ZSS how do I survive?(I've seen a video where they survived many spikes, which is why I switched from the ICs)

Snakeee

Smash Master
Hey guys I'm new to ZSS so please help me with this one.

I've heard Snakee is the best ZSS, and he says ZSS can not be gimped. If ness spikes me and I can't even see ZSS how do I survive?(I've seen a video where they survived many spikes, which is why I switched from the ICs)
You can usually jump out of a spike much earlier than you would think and probably survive, provided that you tether the ledge before they grab it. Sometimes you can still survive even if they do grab the ledge if you boost your jump with up B, and down B footstool over their heads.

If you have very good reflexes/reaction time and you anticipate a spike that you know you will not survive otherwise, you should DI into the side of the stage as you get hit by it and tech (walljump) the stage. This is actually much easier for me than I had thought earlier on. Me and my brother rely on this a pretty good deal in that situation.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
What are ZSS's best approaching options?
Is camping with ZSS ever very effective, and if so how?
Is MK the only character ZSS can grab release CG? If not who else?

I may have more later on. Thanks!

Top Bottom