• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Nair doesn't enter the stale move queue at all.

It's such a weird move. I wish it had more range.
Yeah, it's so situational too.

Knowing it doesn't un-stale the other moves pretty much kills any desire I had of incorporating it into my playstyle. 10% really isn't too bad, but it's range and laggy start-up don't really make it worth using. Guess I could just keep back flipping across the stage with fastfall Nair to taunt like I always do.

solecalibur

Smash Master
Also, another random, and somewhat useless question. Just being optimistic.

Say you have... 4 Pikmin latched to you and you used neutral air to kill them all off.
Would that count as four attacks to negate the staleness of your other moves, since NAIR doesn't stale? Or would that count as just one?
Im not sure if this common knowledge to ZSS users but
Yellow pikmin are not are friends I might want to add as they wont die from "electric" attacks that we preform
also red pikmin are immune to our plasma whip

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Im not sure if this common knowledge to ZSS users but
Yellow pikmin are not are friends I might want to add as they wont die from "electric" attacks that we preform
also red pikmin are immune to our plasma whip
Yeah. lol. Immunity to attacks with Electrical or Fire effects.
I think it can shake 'em off, but I don't think it kills them.

I usually just Utilt or Uair them off though. Saves a lot of complication.

noradseven

Smash Lord
Nef has the right Idea just jab the pikmen off, also, n-air is one of our safest moves on block and while the startup is like 11 frames or something the first 1/2 are p. subtle and make it hard to react.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Also, one move = 1 move in the que, no matter how many hitboxes that move hits.
Are you sure about this? I'm pretty sure if you have multiple pikmin latched each move that hits them all will stale that many times. Like if in doubles we hit two people with side b, that's only gonna decay it once?

Cia

das kwl
Ok.. the craziest thing happened. I was using ZSS against DK on smashville. I dash attacked and before i could even hit DK, ZSS maintained her neutral stance and move forward. like the glide toss but shorter. Is this old news? and if so, how do it again?

noradseven

Smash Lord
I hate you for getting rid of my n-air stuff daz, but yeah n-air owns, hard, its fairly safe on block has crazy priority combos into f-air/u-air/jab, and it also has a weird angle, the startup is p. subtle to so its slow startup doesn't seem as slow.

Ok.. the craziest thing happened. I was using ZSS against DK on smashville. I dash attacked and before i could even hit DK, ZSS maintained her neutral stance and move forward. like the glide toss but shorter. Is this old news? and if so, how do it again?
So did you like see the dash attack start or something im confused.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Did you pick up an item while doing so? Also, how did you input the dash attack?

Cia

das kwl
there were no items. i hit down+Cstick for dash attack. she started Dash attack animation, and went back to neutral stance before the normal dash attack animation could finish. so i take it this was not known?

noradseven

Smash Lord
there were no items. i hit down+Cstick for dash attack. she started Dash attack animation, and went back to neutral stance before the normal dash attack animation could finish. so i take it this was not known?
hehe what stage are you on, I have know this move to sometimes random cancel before it hits if their is something blocking your feet.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Zero Suit has both the worst - - and one of the best recoveries in the game.

Worst: Because her only vertical means of recovery is a tether recovery.
Best: She has down+b to help recovery, her jumps are great, and the tether recovery has a LOT of range.

If you know how to use her properly, it's seen as a pretty **** good recovery.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
okay, i was watching a Zss video. i saw this.

the player dspecial-ed and i think footstool off of the other player and then backflipped like on a rainbow kinda way, it was weird. i did it one time and i said "wait wha-?"

is it some type of boost jump or something. i don't know what it was.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick

the player dspecial-ed and i think footstool off of the other player and then backflipped like on a rainbow kinda way, it was weird. i did it one time and i said "wait wha-?"

The... flipstool jump? Down-B > footstool while doing the flip. It's a special footstool that jumps off of any hitbox, including items (armor, nades, nannerz) and others who have invulnerability frames (like when people grab the ledge).

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama

Zero Suit Samus's flip jump (Down+B) adds ANOTHER large jump if you press the jump button while landing on top of an item or character. It's very helpful for recovering if someone's trying to edge hog you.

It's a very, very useful AT, that you can perform a retreating Reverse Neutral+B or Side+B with as well.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
The... flipstool jump? Down-B > footstool while doing the flip. It's a special footstool that jumps off of any hitbox, including items (armor, nades, nannerz) and others who have invulnerability frames (like when people grab the ledge).
It's more like it jumps off of non-energy sprites.

Remember that it jumps off of trophies in all-star mode (still the most wtf thing about Brawl to me).

lllp3lll

Smash Apprentice
I was practising against my friend the other day for my first tourny i'm going to (whooo). And I noticed some times when I landed a Dtilt and tryed to follow up with a x2 Dsmash or a single Dsmash zss would do the Dsmash is the other direction. I'm I doing somthing wrong? I usally flick the c-stick downwards for the Dsmash.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
I was practising against my friend the other day for my first tourny i'm going to (whooo). And I noticed some times when I landed a Dtilt and tryed to follow up with a x2 Dsmash or a single Dsmash zss would do the Dsmash is the other direction. I'm I doing somthing wrong? I usally flick the c-stick downwards for the Dsmash.
Wait, you're following up with a Down Smash after a Down Tilt?
I wouldn't recommend that, not too reliable in some cases and it can be punished.

As for the statement in general:
After using a down tilt, some characters can turn in the other direction completely. Characters who can crawl, like Zero Suit, have this effect especially. When you use the down tilt, you can use another attack in whatever direction without needing to get back up into the standing animation to turn around.

I'm guessing after your down tilt, you happened to have turned the control stick, or flicked the C-stick slightly in the direction behind ZSS, causing her to downsmash in the other direction.

lllp3lll

Smash Apprentice
ok thanks I'll be sure to remeber that, but I was only using it in cases where he airdodged predicting a Short hop'd aerial @ low %'s, he was peach and she's quite floaty.

Sorry if i seem to be asking too many questions but also:

When's the best time to grab?

And I can't seem to glide toss backwards/ away from my opponent, where as I can glide toss forwards. Is there some trick to it?

Thanks in advance :)

Four Star

Smash Rookie
What are some general strategies aganist overly defensive players?
I'm not really talking about defensive characters in general but just how some people act.

Its frustrating sometimes what these defensive people pull off sometimes.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
What are some general strategies aganist overly defensive players?
I'm not really talking about defensive characters in general but just how some people act.

Its frustrating sometimes what these defensive people pull off sometimes.
Small stages make it harder to run away. (Unless you're fighting a defensive Wario.) Battlefield and Brinstar seem to be pretty good at this. (Again, unless you're fighting a Wario.)

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
The way I see it, ZSS + Battlefield = top tier. It's much harder to camp there than on Final Destination or Smashville or something like that, and ZSS completely ***** opponents above her with platforms because of USmash, up B and Uair.

In fact, I'd even go so far as to say that Battlefield is her best stage. I always pick Battlefield when I can.

sasook

Smash Champion
Worst: Because her only vertical means of recovery is a tether recovery.
I'll take it. It's way better than some of other character's recoveries that I play lol.

When's the best time to grab?
Almost never. Her shieldgrab is quite slow, her grab is the laggiest in the game if you miss, and her actual grab game isn't amazing either. Just the fthrow buffer CG, really.

And I can't seem to glide toss backwards/ away from my opponent, where as I can glide toss forwards. Is there some trick to it?
If you're facing your opponent, and want to glide toss backwards while still facing them, that's not possible. If you want to glide toss and throw an item behind you (turning you around in the process) it's possible.

So like

arrows = direction she's facing

A______________B
______________ZSS->

ZSS cannot glide toss from point B to point A, with a finishing position of ZSS->.

She can , however, do this:

Starting at B, she can do a turn-around glide toss and throw it behind her.

A______________B
ZSS->_______<-ZSS

Hope that makes sense.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
The way I see it, ZSS + Battlefield = top tier. It's much harder to camp there than on Final Destination or Smashville or something like that, and ZSS completely ***** opponents above her with platforms because of USmash, up B and Uair.

In fact, I'd even go so far as to say that Battlefield is her best stage. I always pick Battlefield when I can.
Not vs. everybody though. Squirtle, MK, and DDD screw me over here.

Jordun

Smash Rookie
Just a quick question
Is doing an Uair out of shield a good idea?
Lulz.

Edit:
Okay, I finaly got to play someone.
It didn't work too well for me
Her SH was too high

Also
I tech some of use might already do..
but with the suit, if your opponent manages to catch it or whatever
If they throw it at you, you can catch it with airdodge then push C stick forward straight away and she'll throw it back straight away, it's really good.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Just a quick question
Is doing an Uair out of shield a good idea?
Lulz.
Uair out of a shield?

If you wish to jump cancel the shield into a rising Uair, I suppose it's not a bad idea. But I wouldn't recommend it. There are better options of punishing an opponent when they hit you while you're shielding. Jab would probably be your best option since it's so quick to punish.

sasook

Smash Champion
I dunno, I've heard uair OoS is a pretty good option. But, take an experienced player's opinion over mine xD.

Jordun

Smash Rookie
Uair out of a shield?

If you wish to jump cancel the shield into a rising Uair, I suppose it's not a bad idea. But I wouldn't recommend it. There are better options of punishing an opponent when they hit you while you're shielding. Jab would probably be your best option since it's so quick to punish.
Yeah, but then they Powershield the last hit then punish me for that </3

Nixernator

Smash Ace
I vaguely remember that Nair hits closer to the groud OoS, so Nair is probz better than Uair OoS. Also Utilt is good OoS. Also you could consider hitting with the first 2 jabs and then cancelling into A) Grab (lulz), B) Jump, C) Dtilt (against idiots) or D) Run away (my personal fav)

Top Bottom