• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Decided to pick up ZSS to complement my Sheik/Zelda.......couple questions.

Is uair on a grounded opponent ever a good idea? I'm still in that noob stage with ZSS and I like it a lot.....should I be correcting this bad habit immediately?

I'm assuming utilt OoS generally isn't a good idea due to end lag correct?

Should I be using bair to space primarily more so than plasma whip?

Zero

Smash Hero
Decided to pick up ZSS to complement my Sheik/Zelda.......couple questions.

Is uair on a grounded opponent ever a good idea? I'm still in that noob stage with ZSS and I like it a lot.....should I be correcting this bad habit immediately?

I'm assuming utilt OoS generally isn't a good idea due to end lag correct?

Should I be using bair to space primarily more so than plasma whip?
First question: not at all, it's great, often safe.

Second: utilt OoS when you have the frame advantage, which is often. Just be careful.

Third: yes, as well as nair and aerial paralysers.

Does ZSS take the dark blue or light blue suit when she's on the blue team?

need to know for texture hacking
Default blue.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I have started trying to integrate paralyze shot into my game I still can't find a real use for it, kirby can do alot more with paralyze shot that we can.

Use Side-B as a pressure move, never expect it to hit. Use it to just apply some mid range pressure where they can't do anything.
I often use it to unscale my b-air, also its great for punishing, when ppl screw up, or MKs that don't realize that their B moves except for nado, just became crazy risky.

noradseven

Smash Lord
What do you guys think...
Would ZSS make a good 2'nd for a Ganon Main?
Ganon is pro tier, Im playing ganon this weekend in a tourney partnered with an MK(or at least that is the current plan), we will be team(Gay and Straight Alliance), its going to own.

Pro strat, MK up Bs both of you off the edge, mash teh d-air/down B for victory, that works far better IRL then it ever would on paper.

But back to your ZSS is a good character we cover all his bad matches well, except falco that match is slightly less terrible.

Zephil

Smash Ace
ey ppl one question... I am practicing the infinite on ROB with the PC but everytime I footstool him and dair he get up by rolling and hitting me... isn´t it suppose that when footstooled you just can get up normally? if it is true then I am doing something wrong but don´t know what... someone can help me please?

Adapt

Smash Lord
Our Jab does not force a slow getup... it forces a fast one. Once we jab he can then react and escape

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
What are Zamus's attacks trips the opponent an it best follow ups??
- FSmash (though it has too much ending lag to follow up lol)

- FTilt (DSmash is your best follow-up here)

- Bair (?!) (another Bair, since you probably won't reach the ground fast enough to DSmash)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
What are Zamus's attacks trips the opponent an it best follow ups??
Down angled ftilt will trip most often, although I've seen several of her aerials trip at low percent, as well as dash attack. Follow-ups are probably dtilt or dash attack, or aerials if you tripping aerials are rising.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Actually, down angled ftilt only trips more at low percents. At mid-high percents mid and high ftilt trip more.

Other moves that trip are first hit fair, fsmash.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
On the ROB infinte could you theoretically Jab reset him? So that he is forced getup and then Dsmash him again rather than pivot Dsmashing him before he gets up?
Ftilt may work though at lower percents since it wont knock them too far, and at low percents the timing is really tight. After 50% or so you could change to normal P.dsmash. I duno just theorizing.

Edit: mah bad sassy

Nixernator

Smash Ace
So guys I saw Seibriks new tech and was thinking if we can use it. Any peoples thoughts on.
A) Any good setups into DASC (I was thinking Fthrow/Jab on ledge)
and
B) Anything awesome ZSS can get out of it?

Zero

Smash Hero
We already use it. But instead of dash attack, bair a shield to knock them off the platform into a bair.

I never thought of use off the edge though. Any aerial but dair is viable here.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
I was thinking setups as well, what about one or two jabs. 90% of people shield, then dash attack shield into lagless bair. Possible stage spike?
Also Fthrow at low percentages to possible DASC if they shield.
Also you can do footstool if you're lazzzzyyyyy.

chaoechidna

Smash Apprentice
Hey, i know that ZSS's Dsmash will shock and stop a person for a certain bit of time, but it will only work once for each time that person leaves the ground (i think i'm right about that, correct me if i'm wrong). I was wondering if her neutral B laser does the same thing, only once. For example, if I shock a person then dash attack them off the stage, then hit them with another laser while they are returning, will that laser shock them and freeze them or will it only cause damage? Also, what if I dsmash the person and they fly off the stage, then I hit them with the laser before they touch the ground again, will that freeze them? Sorry if this has already been posted.

Also while i'm here, I was wondering about her forward B attack. I can't seem to time it right to attack and KO people while off the stage. I follow them off after I hit them, but I can't seem to make the forward B connect at the right moment; I usually miss completely, when it would have made for an amazing kill. I've seen a bunch of all your videos and I gotta say, you guys really got that forward B in the air down pretty perfect. Is it just practice makes perfect, or is there perhaps some trick. Thanks a ton guys!

sasook

Smash Champion
How ZSS can break shields?
I guess just shield pressure? Really not sure.

She doesn't have great options after you get a shieldbreak anyway, so it's not like it matters too much.

Hey, i know that ZSS's Dsmash will shock and stop a person for a certain bit of time, but it will only work once for each time that person leaves the ground (i think i'm right about that, correct me if i'm wrong). I was wondering if her neutral B laser does the same thing, only once. For example, if I shock a person then dash attack them off the stage, then hit them with another laser while they are returning, will that laser shock them and freeze them or will it only cause damage? Also, what if I dsmash the person and they fly off the stage, then I hit them with the laser before they touch the ground again, will that freeze them? Sorry if this has already been posted.

Also while i'm here, I was wondering about her forward B attack. I can't seem to time it right to attack and KO people while off the stage. I follow them off after I hit them, but I can't seem to make the forward B connect at the right moment; I usually miss completely, when it would have made for an amazing kill. I've seen a bunch of all your videos and I gotta say, you guys really got that forward B in the air down pretty perfect. Is it just practice makes perfect, or is there perhaps some trick. Thanks a ton guys!
The dsmash can be used twice before it doesn't stun the person again, I believe. They have to touch the ground after 2 dsmashes. For the paralyzer stuff, I'm not sure.

As for the whip edgeguarding, it's just practice. Just time it better I guess, mess around with it in training mode. Sometimes if you're too close for a whip, use a bair or fair.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Does anyone know the pit MU here. I got knocked out just yesterday from Winners Semi or Quarter and then immediately knocked out of Losers Semi by 2 pits. I struggled once they started camping or just playing safe. And one started planking (ledge camping while shooting arrows if I retreated not real hardcore planking) on Lylat and I was at a loss of what to do. I thought I just played badly but you never know I might've been playing the MU wrong.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
like sometimes i'll make someone trip with a ftilt downwards follow up with a fSpecial or i'll dash attack follow up with a utilt or a another dash attack w/ a combo. so like does certain moves make your opponent trip or like at a certain time or position of the move? or w/e. (Zss only) i don't know.

or is tripping just randomly happens?

also here are some combos i use,

1. My best one- dash attack x2, utilt, uSpecial, dSmash (depending on the direction my opponent is from me, left or right), grab, dGrab, uair or f-air, jump with forward b air (regards to f-air)

2. dash attack, dsmash, run and b-air

3. dash attack x3, dash slightly, then uair (depending of opponent's %, they'll get hit forward twice then on the third one, they get hit in the air)

4. grab, dgrab, f-air, jump f-air, then dSpecial (very difficult to pull off though)

5. fgrab chain x? (i think its a chain) no specific ammount but its more than 2, then i'll dgrab and uair.

are those good?

noradseven

Smash Lord
like sometimes i'll make someone trip with a ftilt downwards follow up with a fSpecial or i'll dash attack follow up with a utilt or a another dash attack w/ a combo. so like does certain moves make your opponent trip or like at a certain time or position of the move? or w/e. (Zss only) i don't know.

or is tripping just randomly happens?

also here are some combos i use,

1. My best one- dash attack x2, utilt, uSpecial, dSmash (depending on the direction my opponent is from me, left or right), grab, dGrab, uair or f-air, jump with forward b air (regards to f-air)

2. dash attack, dsmash, run and b-air

3. dash attack x3, dash slightly, then uair (depending of opponent's %, they'll get hit forward twice then on the third one, they get hit in the air)

4. grab, dgrab, f-air, jump f-air, then dSpecial (very difficult to pull off though)

5. fgrab chain x? (i think its a chain) no specific ammount but its more than 2, then i'll dgrab and uair.

are those good?
#1 shouldn't work after the utilt, it really shouldn't that is like hearing a pika go u-smash thunder, no it doesn't work after ppl get used to it.

#2 its not a combo but its fairly tight pressure and unless your oppenent has some solid exp fighting ZSS it might not work but they will not punish it.

#3 thats fairly solid beware of characters that have quick f-airs, and they do have enough time to dodge the u-air, however it puts them in a bad posistion so yeah its solid.

#4 this is a very mindgamy combo none of these parts connect but yeah I have seen them happen a good number of times for some reason, not the down special part though.

#5 the f-grab is indeed a character/damage specific combo, ohh and instead of d-grab u-air, normally f-toss them off the edge then force them to recover it puts you in a better posistion.

★Malik★™

Smash Ace
#1 shouldn't work after the utilt, it really shouldn't that is like hearing a pika go u-smash thunder, no it doesn't work after ppl get used to it.

#2 its not a combo but its fairly tight pressure and unless your oppenent has some solid exp fighting ZSS it might not work but they will not punish it.

#3 thats fairly solid beware of characters that have quick f-airs, and they do have enough time to dodge the u-air, however it puts them in a bad posistion so yeah its solid.

#4 this is a very mindgamy combo none of these parts connect but yeah I have seen them happen a good number of times for some reason, not the down special part though.

#5 the f-grab is indeed a character/damage specific combo, ohh and instead of d-grab u-air, normally f-toss them off the edge then force them to recover it puts you in a better posistion.
#1 it works sometimes when my opponent's % is low like at 0 because uSpecial doesn't hit them past the point where it pulls them straight down (you know, sometimes uSpecial won't bring them down, just leaves them in the air). if i pull it off, their % comes up to 63. usually.

#2 yes, i see. so its not a combo. oh and i forgot to edit it and say its not. but usually i'll just dSmash, wait, and then u-air.

#3 hmm, yes. i like this one. i know they have a good amount of time but they don't know that i'll u-air them, because of the position i'm in. unless it was a player who air dodge every time they get hit in the air.

#4 like i only do this in training and for some reason, it only works on peach. the dSpecial is a spike. this is a air combo that leads off the stage so the spike just, you know, spikes them straight dowwwwn. but it only works at a certain % level, around where f-air doesn't break after the first kick. i actually do it 2 times not once, sorry. i almost pulled this off in a match, i was so close, too.

#5 hmmm, the better position part made me :chuckle: . it is true actually :laugh:. my instincts will probably kick in and tell me to jump and side B. maybe f-air, too but that depends on their % level.

(hmm i think i made a mistake in this post, i can't figure it out though. hmm.)

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
They're just not as good as we thought lol. Useless? Hell no. While I agree that our quick aerials and ground moves are the core of our game, you will get punished if that's all you're doing, atleast in my xp. In certain matches though, I will camp so hard it's rediculous (DDD).

Dsmash really requires you to mindgame them into it; I almost never just throw it out there.

Side b, I rarely if every expect it to hit, I use it more for dodge bait and against characters who like to pivot grab aerials.

Paralyzer, I manage to use a bit, I like it in certain matchups more than others.

Like against Diddys and MKs these three are pretty bad but against fatties all day.

And Snakeee, make a vid of you vs Shadow explaining the MK matchup. I'm sure you two know it better than anyone else in the world but there aren't any vids of you guys playing

Snakeee

Smash Master
No they are pretty much useless, and will usually do nothing other than possibly have you punished. Playing against top players that know the match up shows how true this is.

They do have their occasional use, but only as a mix up, and even then they are pretty situational.

You'll get predictable with an aerial based game? You certainly will, and it's been very difficult for me. Me, Dazwa, and RareTruffle all didn't do so spectacular at SNES and Dazwa sounds almost ready to quit the character :(. I'm not giving up on ZSS just yet, but things aren't looking nearly as good as they used to. We need to come up with something...

Oh, and I don't really have anything to upload with, and I'm not so savy on how to do it.

Top Bottom