• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
I wonder what's going on people's heads when they ask such questions. Even more ridiculous when they think they made a "discovery" about her.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
lol, last two pages have been so much **** talk.

sorry to play god's advocate here, but the down-b off the edge is known, but generally unused, even though it's very useful on certain characters. Edgehogging characters with laggy up-bs (Marth, CFalcon, Ganon, Etc.) and then when they land on the stage, doing the down-b to kick them back off with the powerful ground hit is pretty effective.

just food for thought.

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
lol, last two pages have been so much **** talk.

sorry to play god's advocate here, but the down-b off the edge is known, but generally unused, even though it's very useful on certain characters. Edgehogging characters with laggy up-bs (Marth, CFalcon, Ganon, Etc.) and then when they land on the stage, doing the down-b to kick them back off with the powerful ground hit is pretty effective.

just food for thought.
'Nuff said. Next?

noradseven

Smash Lord
I wonder what's going on people's heads when they ask such questions. Even more ridiculous when they think they made a "discovery" about her.

Hey GUYS, I just found this INSANE COMBO!

If you down smash then walk up and up B you can downsmash and then up B, its an
INFINITE COMBO!!!!!111!!ONE!

risemix

Smash Apprentice
OK, searched, didn't see anything specific about it:

I can NOT do ZSS' backward glide toss (character moves backward, throws item forward) for the life of me. I can perform it with other characters just fine. Is it just a really tight window I'm not getting?

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
OK, searched, didn't see anything specific about it:

I can NOT do ZSS' backward glide toss (character moves backward, throws item forward) for the life of me. I can perform it with other characters just fine. Is it just a really tight window I'm not getting?
She can't do it.

WarpStatus

Smash Apprentice
Really? I could swear I've seen someone do it in a video before. Ah well. Maybe I'm thinking of another technique.
Well you can't do it using the backwards roll, but you can do it with the forward roll. So basically face away from your opponent, roll away from them(you should be using the forward roll) while throwing toward your opponent(opposite the way you are moving). The timing is the same as forward (because its the same roll) just throw it the other way.

This way the character still moves backwards(relative to your opponent), but throws the item forward like you wanted. This is probably what you saw in the video.

risemix

Smash Apprentice
Well you can't do it using the backwards roll, but you can do it with the forward roll. So basically face away from your opponent, roll away from them(you should be using the forward roll) while throwing toward your opponent(opposite the way you are moving). The timing is the same as forward (because its the same roll) just throw it the other way.

This way the character still moves backwards(relative to your opponent), but throws the item forward like you wanted. This is probably what you saw in the video.
This is EXACTLY it. Thank you so much.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404

Low post count? Intelligent thought process? Welcome to the ZSS boards my good lad!

WarpStatus

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I love the lurking. Are you gonna enter scsa #3 or anything faded? I'm sure you've been very busy, but you haven't been to any tournaments for a while. Glad I could be of help to someone.

kATAlyst

Smash Apprentice
for edgeguarding would dsmash > uair >jump upb work or is it too risky?
and im attending my first tourney tomorrow, should i expect more trouble from metas or falcos?
on a side note, does anyone here use wavebounces (without b sticking)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
So there isnt anything i should and should not learn?
Try playing some matches and trying to figure out what you could be doing differently by watching videos of good ZSSes. If you can't figure it out for yourself, post a thread with vids of yourself (if possible) and ask for advice. Nothing is really useless on this forum.

Only two moves you really shouldn't worry too much about starting off are fsmash and dair.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
for edgeguarding would dsmash > uair >jump upb work or is it too risky?
It's not that it's too risky, it's just not very good, (low chance of connecting with up-b). If you want to spike, use up-b after running off the edge, or flipspike them out of the stun.

and im attending my first tourney tomorrow, should i expect more trouble from metas or falcos?
Depends on how good you are at the MK match-up. If you're comfortable owning MK, then you'll have more trouble with Falcos, if you aren't so comfortable with MK, you'll have trouble with both, but probably more with MK. Falco is gonna be a ***** no matter what (unless your opponent doesn't know ZSS and failboats at camping you out.)

I really don't think anyone uses wavebounces that much, I mean, it's great for spacing and all that, but I usually just find myself spacing correctly without it.

Are you gonna enter scsa #3 or anything faded? I'm sure you've been very busy, but you haven't been to any tournaments for a while.
this is kind of PM worthy but I already made a post so I don't care. d:

yeah I might be going to Will's Backyard Brawl or whatever it is tomorrow, and I think ViceGrip wants me to go to a tournament later this month, probably SCSA or some other bigger tournament. I miss the tourney scene... *sniffles*

kuenzel

Smash Ace
I do it accidentally every so often: sometimes it works out in my favor, sometimes not.

And I have a question that came to my mind at a tournament yesterday-- Does ZSS have any feesable wall-infinites? Or at least something that can be done against a wall for a few good hits?

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
Try playing some matches and trying to figure out what you could be doing differently by watching videos of good ZSSes. If you can't figure it out for yourself, post a thread with vids of yourself (if possible) and ask for advice. Nothing is really useless on this forum.

Only two moves you really shouldn't worry too much about starting off are fsmash and dair.
cheers dude thats all i needed thx

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
Does ZSS have any feesable wall-infinites? Or at least something that can be done against a wall for a few good hits?
nope... ):

the only thing that gets close is f-tilt (cuz it makes the opponent slide not tumble until around 50%). But f-tilt is ridiculously slow.

risemix

Smash Apprentice
Yes 2-10% damage solves everything

Honestly I don't use it at all unless maybe I'm on FD
Well, the guy was looking for a wall infinite. I'm just saying it's the closest thing we have. :p

Edit: Should explain further, because really, a wall infinite is nothing like a grab release combo.

The grab-release infinite is an infinite, but it isn't a wall infinite. In retrospect it wasn't the smartest thing to say, but you now know what my line of thinking was. So... yeah.

Popertop

Smash Champion
my friend is looking for a main.

his ZSS is pretty decent, should he stick with her and get it better?

what kind of hard matchups should he look out for?

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
oh and Faded how is F-tilt "ridiculously" slow? It's 6 frames. It does beat a lot of things with that range.
in regards to recovery time. it comes out fast, but it's a loooong time before you can perform another one, not even close to locking someone to a wall.

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
This post isn't really beneficially in any way but I'm posting this because I feel like it! SO RAWR XD

I mained Random, but loved Zamus so much that I've changed my main to 'picking smarties to pick characters' type of thing just so I could include Zamus in my Randomage. So pretty much yeah, just...
Zamus <3

Still trying to figure out the most effecient and safe close range options. I've found that space between her jab and dsmash really tricky. Sometimes dtilt, ftilt, things like that I'm just messing up/could've done better things. Also, more utilt is needed by me. The rest of it will just take some more time.

Just ranting to myself, nvm. lol
Zamus <3

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Well, the guy was looking for a wall infinite. I'm just saying it's the closest thing we have.
lol I was just pissed at seeing a MK down tilt another MK against a little wall in Delphino and get him to like 300%

Just thinking out loud here, but....
Theoretically, wouldn't the grab-release combo against MK be an infinite against a wall (a big wall, like Corneria), because you don't really have to move since he just like falls back to where he was before? Or does it not work like that?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Seems more like a parlor trick than anything. Might as well just use your tether at that point instead of risking missing the piece.
What if they're hogging the edge, you have a piece or banana in your hand, your third jump is gone, and a solar eclipse suddenly aligns in the sky? What then? Huh? Hm? :laugh:

Kaitou Ace

Smash Apprentice
So, I seriously hate Pit. What an annoying, spammy piece of ****. Is it a total loss? His smash attacks are quick with good priority and he can block suit pieces and Zamus's projectiles. WTF do I do? ;_;

Top Bottom