• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

Snakeee

Smash Master
Fine, back on topic.
I wanna play your brother too! I want to hate MK more!
You would hate him more. It was EXTREMELY frustrating for a while, but now I can basically handle a Meta like that. M2K pretty much plays like that now too and the last time I played him the first game was pretty close. Didn't take a game off him like before though.

and Spec he plays aggressive, but with making predictions, PSing any of ZSS' attacks from the ground 95% of the time and punishing, ****** her while she's sent above him, and also using a lot of grabs

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Seibrik started to use MK, seriously, and it's getting easier to beat him. I hope I can play your brother sometime. You guys should come to March Gigabits in Orlando FL. It averages at 60-70 people, but lots of OOS are coming this time. :( Too bad the only time I can go OOS is to Genesis.

noradseven

Smash Lord
You would hate him more. It was EXTREMELY frustrating for a while, but now I can basically handle a Meta like that. M2K pretty much plays like that now too and the last time I played him the first game was pretty close. Didn't take a game off him like before though.

and Spec he plays aggressive, but with making predictions, PSing any of ZSS' attacks from the ground 95% of the time and punishing, ****** her while she's sent above him, and also using a lot of grabs
I hate MK's grab, if it wasn't for that I would have far less problems. *sigh.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
I never played an "aggro" mk, so I cant really picture what that means. Though I have played Aggro people with other chars. I use their strength against them by successfully blocking their attacks and countering. ZSS can counter his aerial moves and up b with a timed uair OOS. or maybe I can take the momemtum. I wish he would come. Could you convince him to go?

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Aggro MKs are stupid. They work so well vs. ZSS.

sasook: Melee Link main. ZSS is the new Link. (Link in this game is too garbage to play)

noradseven

Smash Lord
If by aggro you mean aggressive then its easy, if you mean aggro, by he sits their until you get in range then runs up and punishes you then yeah thats tricky.

cba

Smash Master
WOW!!!
that sucked.
dang.... that was ghey as hell.

Wow, snakeee...
you did that w/ Blackanese once...
but was that in a tourney?

Adapt

Smash Lord
Such a good strategy... but it's still beatable. Snakeee, you really have to stop running straight into the bucket. ZSS is especially good at disrupting it with her side-B. You can normally hit both of them easily and from a distance away so you wont get hit by the 3rd bucket filling d-smash and die seconds later from the oil slick

Snakeee

Smash Master
Such a good strategy... but it's still beatable. Snakeee, you really have to stop running straight into the bucket. ZSS is especially good at disrupting it with her side-B. You can normally hit both of them easily and from a distance away so you wont get hit by the 3rd bucket filling d-smash and die seconds later from the oil slick
I was not running straight into the bucket wtf. When that happened it was because I was rushing to try to hit him before he got my brother with it and it backfired badly. I kept trying to stop them by using Side B and that did work some of the time

I know if I use Sheik I can stop it from pretty much anywhere so I'm not worried for next time

sasook

Smash Champion
Wow, that's powerful. On a side note, your edge stalling game is so pretty, Snakeee. Like, it's just elegant, how fun it is to watch. XD

noradseven

Smash Lord
Wow, that's powerful. On a side note, your edge stalling game is so pretty, Snakeee. Like, it's just elegant, how fun it is to watch. XD
God you need to see my friend Ashe's (toon link), its really silly.

Edge camping is silly and repetitive, and really really good.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
It's a really good tactic, and it's why I think ZSS/G&W is one of the best teams. Pikachu/G&W is way up there, too. Either way, it's a legit tactic, and can be beaten if you work hard to keep your opponents separated. The reason you got beaten is because Wes and Dire are good at this game, and found a strategy for not getting separated. Yeah, they may not be as good as you and Shadow, but good enough characters make differences in skill less noticeable in singles, too.

Adapt

Smash Lord
Snakeee: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bLsre7dGwM

This game is what I was talking about earlier... your first two deaths were because you jumped into an oil slick and a stun. I know you already addressed the first death, however a side-B in that case would have worked... you might have given Shadow a bit of damage, but he would have been fine, and you would have hit Dire

You could also work on separating yourself from Shadow when you fight. I think they double killed you a couple times during that set

noradseven

Smash Lord
I would never, I refuse. Nothing personal, it's just all (brawl) Link mains hate TL.
Really he hates fighting my Link, when he is TL, links grapple and f-smash, and especially the boomerang, mess up his spacing game alot. Plus standing neutral for blocking his arrow cancel, then f-smashing(extreme range) is just too fun.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: Faded is like the only ZSS I see that uses nair frequently. it doesnt get shieldgrabbed by a zoning opponent? I saw videos of you and u seem to mainly use it as a defense against zoning opponents as you descend. Do you use it in any other way?
I use it to come down on people like you said, and I also use it as mix-up with my side-b. So, you know how when you short-hop side-b a whole bunch, eventually people run in and shield the weak deadzone hit and then shield grab you? Well to prevent that, I hold the side-b and throw out n-airs into their shield, immediately followed by a d-tilt for shield pressure, works pretty well.

kuenzel

Smash Ace
Well, Nair has a lot of ending lag, so it would hinder recovering, plus the knockback niar has is not very good, and diagonally up at that, so I would say no.

noradseven

Smash Lord
I use it to come down on people like you said, and I also use it as mix-up with my side-b. So, you know how when you short-hop side-b a whole bunch, eventually people run in and shield the weak deadzone hit and then shield grab you? Well to prevent that, I hold the side-b and throw out n-airs into their shield, immediately followed by a d-tilt for shield pressure, works pretty well.
I mostly use it as the mix up, with the side B.

On larger characters, though this move is insane, you can use it to repeatably cross up the opponent to prevent shield grabs and you can immediately follow up with pressure or a grab its awesome, this is like 1/2 my game against snake right here.

sasook

Smash Champion
Whats up with Peach mains raiding these boards O_o? Thats like the 5th one I've seen lol

noradseven

Smash Lord
How the hell do you fight Yoshi with this woman?
Um away over B and d-tilt pokes, back air and n-air win priority race in the air as well. I haven't had a ton of experience in the match, but I don't see any glaring difficulties, he can't dodge roll, and you can punish his air dodge with shorthop f-air.

Snakeee

Smash Master
How the hell do you fight Yoshi with this woman?

Um away over B and d-tilt pokes, back air and n-air win priority race in the air as well. I haven't had a ton of experience in the match, but I don't see any glaring difficulties, he can't dodge roll, and you can punish his air dodge with shorthop f-air.
off the top of my head,

- Don't use Side B too much actually unless he's in the air.
-Don't use D-smash too much either, he can B-air over your head and do a silly combo -_-
- Juggle him a lot with Up Airs and Up B (guess his airdodges)
-If he tries to chain grab, either time or keep mashing Down B to get out (but mashing may cause you to do the attack part).
-Get to know his approaches well and make sure you shield the whole duration of his attacks.
-Run and power shield his eggs, but look out for his grab when you get close while doing that.

Linkissocool

Smash Rookie
Ok so, you guys know how when you're hit up into the air and you press the jump button and dair at the same time you stall in the air for a while ?
Has anyone found any good use for this ? Like can it spike ?

Snakeee

Smash Master
Ok so, you guys know how when you're hit up into the air and you press the jump button and dair at the same time you stall in the air for a while ?
Has anyone found any good use for this ? Like can it spike ?
You don't have to jump it just happens when you have upwards momentum. And no it hurts more than it helps

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
is smashscribble the only place with ZSS's frame data cause the link doesn't work for me ~_~;; so uh..

I want to know what is the frame data for ZSS's side b and down smash. (including ending lag)

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
is smashscribble the only place with ZSS's frame data cause the link doesn't work for me ~_~;; so uh..

I want to know what is the frame data for ZSS's side b and down smash. (including ending lag)
I have data, I've been really slow in writing it down on my PC.

Top Bottom