• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Questions & Answers

Adapt

Smash Lord
lol jab is useless in dittos.

if you ever get jabbed by a ZSS, just spam jab, you'll interrupt the third hit and repeatedly clank until you separate. After that, d-tilt/f-tilt or grab, whatever you think will work.
that looks pretty funny the first time you ever do it.

after that it just gets annoying

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
lol jab is useless in dittos.

if you ever get jabbed by a ZSS, just spam jab, you'll interrupt the third hit and repeatedly clank until you separate. After that, d-tilt/f-tilt or grab, whatever you think will work.
Lol yea I went back and for with another ZSS like 5 times both of us just jabbing. But of course there's things like cancel to dtilt or other methods. 3rd jab sucks against everyone even if they do get hit by it. it's hard to follow-up at times. I mostly just go for dtilt, sends them up in the air to my advantage.

sasook

Smash Champion
Good thing is it's really easy to DI out of Snake's jab. Tapping away from him is all it takes.

Kaitou Ace

Smash Apprentice
My ZSS has been getting ***** lately and I've noticed I have definitely not been fitting in Dsmashes anywhere in my fights. I know I want to during the fight but it seems like it's too predictable and too punishable to use. Plus, there just never seems like the right time. What is the ideal way to using the Dsmash, guys? D:

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
My ZSS has been getting ***** lately and I've noticed I have definitely not been fitting in Dsmashes anywhere in my fights. I know I want to during the fight but it seems like it's too predictable and too punishable to use. Plus, there just never seems like the right time. What is the ideal way to using the Dsmash, guys? D:
I only use dsmash to punish airdodges, sidesteps and of course edgeguarding by using it on them as they recover by doing it on the ledge at the right time. Mindgames man.

sasook

Smash Champion
Doesn't his leg usually hit you? He has pretty long legs (aside from samus too of course).
Well, you gotta mash those sticks left/right (whichever way is away from him) and then just jump or something. You won't get hit, I think.

I could be wrong, as I'm going off assumptions from Link's method of getting out of that, but it should apply.

sasook

Smash Champion
Ftilt is a no, I know that much for sure XD.

I'll do some testing with the jabs. I'll test out his nair too, maybe Link just has better TDI than ZSS - it's a possibility. I'll let you all know when I get a chance.

Kaitou Ace

Smash Apprentice
I only use dsmash to punish airdodges, sidesteps and of course edgeguarding by using it on them as they recover by doing it on the ledge at the right time. Mindgames man.
Sounds good, then :O

Also, I'm a bit too Fair happy XD What's a good move to lessen Stale Negation? I try using Nair but I find it not that useful @_@

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I think the real issue with nair is not that it isn't useful, it's just one of the toughest moves to space so that you don't get **** on by its horrible blockstun/hitlag ratio. Uair, can also be good, but it has less range than nair.

Also, bair is good for retreating.

noradseven

Smash Lord
n-air rocks, it out prioritizes all sorts of stuff, in my opinion the hit box on it is better behind you so, RAR it against jumping people. Also I heard it doesn't get degraded so I don't know if it will help your f-air spam. But then again you can get both hits to connect almost all the time, and that is better for damage than most other moves.

edit: by n-air I mean jump then press A with no directional input, not blaster.

noradseven

Smash Lord
umm well, not REALLY.... I mean she can do a couple of things and

OMGWFTBBQ AIR-RELEASE INFINITE MK!!

*cough http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=197763 cough*
Grab release combos are gay, :( , they arn't cool to watch or do, but yeah ZSS has a few, she can infinate release grab wario too, unfortunately ZSS doesn't do good mash damage, so they arn't that useful, except for stalling.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
Grab release combos are gay, :( , they arn't cool to watch or do, but yeah ZSS has a few, she can infinate release grab wario too, unfortunately ZSS doesn't do good mash damage, so they arn't that useful, except for stalling.
It's ALWAYS useful to use pummel (that's what it's called, hitting your opponent while they're grabbed) because it gradually refreshes your moves everytime you use it. every attack that is used on an opponent will refresh all the OTHER moves by 1 point. I think every move has like 10 points (10 hits) total then the move is decayed to it's lowest.

Since you are able to get a whole lot of pummel hits on MK through the grab cg release, (and it's legal in tournies) it will refresh all your moves dramatically.

sasook

Smash Champion
I tested the DI thing. It's possible to get out of his jab combo and nair, but the closer you are, the harder it is. When you're at his "tip" range, or just inside it, it's possible 100% of the time, not too difficult. I only got out a few times when ZSS was like practically overlapping him though.

Basically, you gotta mash away from him with both sticks like crazy. Not up and away, just plain away.

FadedImage

Smash Journeyman
n-air is great, but not for refreshing moves, since it won't/can't... ever (it doesn't get added to the stale moves list). U-air is good, I like using jab, since each jab counts as an attack. Grabs are great too, cuz you can get 2-3 pummels + a throw, that's 3-4 hits.

btw, it takes 9 moves to fully refresh a move.

and about grab releases, you can air release to dash attack a lot of the time, meaning you could pummel 2-4 times -> dash attack -> jab for 6-8 attacks, pretty much replenishing all your moves.

canthandletheSpeculosity

Smash Journeyman
Random question, would multihit moves like ZSS' usmash be considered as like 8 hits(whatever many hits it has) and will refresh "8 points?"

EDIT: Faded is like the only ZSS I see that uses nair frequently. it doesnt get shieldgrabbed by a zoning opponent? I saw videos of you and u seem to mainly use it as a defense against zoning opponents as you descend. Do you use it in any other way?

Snakeee

Smash Master
Against someone that is really good at mashing out.....grab release will not work until at least 75%, and even then you can only get one jab in -_-. That's why I hardly even bother with it, especially on Metaknight. My brother for one is absolutely amazing at breaking out and even at around 100% I usually can't even pummel him once.

jibbyjaont

Smash Journeyman
I tested the DI thing. It's possible to get out of his jab combo and nair, but the closer you are, the harder it is. When you're at his "tip" range, or just inside it, it's possible 100% of the time, not too difficult. I only got out a few times when ZSS was like practically overlapping him though.

Basically, you gotta mash away from him with both sticks like crazy. Not up and away, just plain away.
Thank you. I was waiting for this.

Random question, would multihit moves like ZSS' usmash be considered as like 8 hits(whatever many hits it has) and will refresh "8 points?"

EDIT: Faded is like the only ZSS I see that uses nair frequently. it doesnt get shieldgrabbed by a zoning opponent? I saw videos of you and u seem to mainly use it as a defense against zoning opponents as you descend. Do you use it in any other way?
I don't think so since it's all in one attack. I think to be able to refresh points, you have to use attacks that are seperate. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not entirely sure. Just a theory.

Snakeee

Smash Master
I wanna play your brother Snakeee. It sounds like it would be a fun match :p. Is he coming to BTYF?
I don't think he is....I'd be really worried if I were you and I had to play him. I have enough trouble as it is against him and I get to play him all the time. He has absolutely mastered that match up. I'd be thrilled to see you beat him though

EDIT: man I got the last post of the page as usual -_-

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Put it this way: any hitbox that requires a new input will enter the stale move queue as one move, unless the move does not enter the queue at all.

Top Bottom