• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Zelda Q & A / FAQs / Directory ~

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
hai :) and welcome sniperowl

There's a few of us that do a little online to help one another get more proficient and the xat is a great way to go about organising things like that, so you should drop by there.

But really I'd just muck about with the sweetspots and timing and then practise against offline opponents if at all possible. That and get the basics right down.

Just post here or in a suitable sticky if you need any help.

VK-137

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone know how to spike with her dtilt? I've done it several times, but can't do it consistently. I -think- it has something to do with which part of her leg you hit with or something....

-Mars-

Smash Hero
yea it does so getting the spike part is extremely hard and very rarely happens.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I'll always seem to get it when Zelda hits around the middle of the opposing character like around the torso region.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I have a question about refreshing stale moves and transforming. Everytime you transform it unstales everything? So if I'm Zelda and I transform to Sheik, then transform back to Zelda my Zelda's moves will all be unstaled? Because that would be very useful after knocking someone off stage and use that time to refresh while they are recovering.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yes your moves will be completely fresh. Hard to pull off a double transformation safely mid match but the situation does come up now and again.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
okay great. Another question (because i think im doing it wrong)

what aerial do you use to momentum cancel? I was doing u-air it seemed really ****ty. Is b-air better?

Judo777

Smash Master
number 1id just like to say im pretty sure zelda has the best glide toss in the whole game. The short one is identical to diddys and the long one allows her to recatch the thrown items and is one of the farthest in the game.

Also at like 100% is dtilt to pivot utilt maybe better than regular utilt because it punishes the air dodge cause it late hits in the back?

Bandit

Smash Lord
Dtilt pop up is different for each character, and dtilt to utilt should be true at certain percents without having to worry about an air dodge.

Also, yes she has an amazing glide toss.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Dtilt to Utilt is such a waste of time when in most cases, your opponent will DI away from you anyway.

But yeah, cool glide toss. Glide toss dash attack can actually catch the item. lol

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Dtilt to Utilt is such a waste of time when in most cases, your opponent will DI away from you anyway.

But yeah, cool glide toss. Glide toss dash attack can actually catch the item. lol
Man Mr Eh i'm glad don't live in your region you play these super awesome amazing brawlers who knows how to DI every single thing in every single situation good **** man you must be uber super 1337 pro. Teach me to be as good as you mangz pl0x.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I wouldn't want to live in my region either.

If you can't even get half decent by living on the East Coast, I shudder to imagine how bad you'd be if you lived in Hawaii.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I wouldn't want to live in my region either.

If you can't even get half decent by living on the East Coast, I shudder to imagine how bad you'd be if you lived in Hawaii.
Na mangz def Hawaiii > the rest of the US stop being modest my dood yall on another level mangz. Teach me pl9x. Mr Eh for president.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I'm hoping you will stop pursuing this off-topic conversation... count this as the warning post for both - Eh don't reply please, AL don't pursue.

GreyFox86

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1951-0169-9972
Switch FC
SW-4494-3990-4799
how do I di out of zelda upsmash?
Depends on who you are.

I'm not to sure of it myself on how many characters can DI out of it but the only one I know for sure that can SDI up is Marth. I was gonna put Peach but I don't experiment with other characters that often. I don't think PT can SDI. Maybe Squirtle if you SDI downwards. =/

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Yep, That was a ledge warp. Using your UpB to land on the very edge of a stage or platform and you will be able to do whatever you want from there.

rathy Aro

Smash Lord
it seems pretty safe. why don't more zeldas do this when they are recovering to the stage?

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
It's not something you can do without a lot of practice and knowing the EXACT length of farore's. You can try it by moving to the edge of a flat stage until Zelda does the "I'm gonna fall" arm waves, then teleport toward the middle of the stage and take one small step toward the edge again, now teleport toward the ledge and you will ledgewarp. If you went to far you will fall and die, and if you didn't go far enough you will have to deal with the ending lag.

Ledge warping can be useful, but when recovering it might be rather risky, since a miss usually means you die and it would have to be done on a platform. You can't ledgewarp unless you are moving toward a drop (like a platform or warping off a stage) and not a flat part.

MrEh

Smash Hero
It's situational, entirely spacing dependent, and therefore, near useless in recovery situations.

If you can pull it off while recovering, then your opponent must not be edgeguarding at all.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
You can ledgewarp as long as you teleport to the right spot..... whether it's from on the stage or off.

It's just a lot harder to do while off-stage since there aren't any good visual markers.

Bandit

Smash Lord
Battlefield is a good place for off-stage ledge warping. This is about the only time I use it, and it isn't consistent. It's still pretty hard to gauge it right.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
........Does Zelda really have invincibility on her upper body during/after usmash? I thought it was kinda suspected but never confirmed.

But I have this dubs match I saved where Snake's Nikita goes straight through her upper body right after I usmashed a ROB. The hitbox was already over too I think.

I'll post the vid once it's uploaded, but I thought I'd mention it here to see if it's old news.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I thought that at first, but I think the hitbox was already over since ROB had already been launched from the last hit.

Also.... usually when something hits Nikita, it slows down for a moment. It looks like it kept going at the same speed..... like it literally just passed through her body for no reason. x.x

Guess it'll have to wait til the vid's uploaded.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Might be like that silly thing where Luigi Utilted Falco's laser. The laser went behind Luigi's arm.

It could be possible that the Nikita went behind Zelda's arm, since Brawl's hitboxes work on a 3D plane.

pulse131

Smash Ace
i just love how the xat topic says dont be shy come talk, then you go and it says you cant enter without asking a mod, which, how you supposed to know who they are, and how do you get ahold of em???

grrr

MrEh

Smash Hero
If you have the original replay, try to pause it at the moment where you think the Nikita contacts.

I can't tell if it actually touches Zelda's arm or if she barely misses it. It looks awfully like it went behind her for some reason. lol

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Yeah, I don't get why the chat is members only. And even though I've been membered a few times, it still always has me as a guest when I go in. -_-

One of the few reasons I never go there.

@Eh: K, I'll do that. If she really can dodge **** with usmash...... well, another funny yet practically useless thing Zelda can do! Yay!

Top Bottom