• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Zelda Q & A / FAQs / Directory ~

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
She's comparably more mobile in the air than on the ground . . . what's that tell ya?

oh, and, I wouldn't do RC if I were you. Not because it's going to end up partiularly BAD for you or anything, but the best thing sonic can do against zelda is camp between melee range and safe din's range . . . and camping is not easy on RC.

You just can't use the same advantages there, though you DO gain some new ones.
No surprise there.

Think: Jigglypuff/Yoshi. Perhaps you want to just come out with the point you were trying to get across? I promise I won't bit, I want to learn.

But I don't want to camp, I hate doing that unless absolutely necessary, camping is boring for both me and my opponent, and I love exciting. :<

Mkay.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Am I the only person that actually enjoys camping?

As for what stages are good with Zelda vs Sonic, I wouldn't recommend Norfair (it nullifies her bad recovery to an extent, and Sonic can recover on any stage so it makes no difference). Lylat Cruise might be worth it, since the platforms are well situated for Sonic's aerials and USmash (I think).

And as for RC, although Zelda isn't all that mobile on the ground, she's actually not that bad in the air. IIRC, her air speed is slightly above average. Otherwise, I'm not so sure on that stage.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Whenever I play(get *****) by X's Sonic.......we just play on neutrals.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Quite so. I dunno how you can enjoy camping X_X
Actually, it depends on who I'm playing as. With ZSS, I don't find it that fun. With Zelda I don't find it fun unless it's someone with no projectile whose name isn't Meta Knight. With Donkey Kong he can't really camp so I don't find that fun. But as Peach and Toon Link camping is one of my favourite parts of playing, especially if they're playing as someone who has trouble getting around it like Ganondorf.

sasook

Smash Champion
With Zelda I don't find it fun unless it's someone with no projectile whose name isn't Meta Knight. With Donkey Kong he can't really camp so I don't find that fun. But as Peach and Toon Link camping is one of my favourite parts of playing, especially if they're playing as someone who has trouble getting around it like Ganondorf.
This isn't supposed to be offensive or insulting, but you sound like a jerk to fight. lol

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
This isn't supposed to be offensive or insulting, but you sound like a jerk to fight. lol
You're entitled to your opinion, I guess.

I like to make it 50/50 between agressive and defensive. For example, as Peach, I'd be shield pressuring and comboing like crazy to start with. Then once I've got you to about 60% I retreat and camp until you get to around 100%, then I go aggressive again as I try to kill you.

With such a predictable strategy, I don't win all that often, but I enjoy it, so I do it anyway.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
You're entitled to your opinion, I guess.

I like to make it 50/50 between agressive and defensive. For example, as Peach, I'd be shield pressuring and comboing like crazy to start with. Then once I've got you to about 60% I retreat and camp until you get to around 100%, then I go aggressive again as I try to kill you.

With such a predictable strategy, I don't win all that often, but I enjoy it, so I do it anyway.
I like a guy who says "you're entitled to your opinion". Mature.
No homo.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I have a question :)

Have we researched any grab-release combos on any characters? Cus Ive pulled off an fsmash and dsmash after grab release before, but it might just be that my opponent didnt expect it.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I have a question :)

Have we researched any grab-release combos on any characters? Cus Ive pulled off an fsmash and dsmash after grab release before, but it might just be that my opponent didnt expect it.
They didn't expect it. Zelda doesn't have any grab release combos that we know of, except... maybe on Ness/Lucas? I'm not even sure if we have any on them, but I was under the impression that everybody does, lol.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Maybe him too. If I missed anybody else, let me clarify: I don't think she has any unusual grab release combos on anybody who doesn't normally get ***** by grab releases in general.

I don't ever grab release with Zelda, though, so I don't know any specifics.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I think I remember JigglyZelda sayin we could Lightning Kick Wario out of a grab release. But don't quote me on that, lol. (even though I'm quoting Jiggz, lolol)

Has anyone tested this/successfully pulled this off before?

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Ahhh, excellent. Too bad it's incredibly difficult to grab Wario, lol. Still, at high percents and a not very staled LK, one grab could equal death for Wario.

Or am I being too blindly optimistic, just like in the good old days? lol

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Ahhh, excellent. Too bad it's incredibly difficult to grab Wario, lol. Still, at high percents and a not very staled LK, one grab could equal death for Wario.

it's easier to just hit Wario with a lightning kick than it is to grab him to set up for one though . . .

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Um why is it that now peoples avatars are above their posts........did i click on somehting to change my thread options or something lol because it's different now.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Um why is it that now peoples avatars are above their posts........did i click on somehting to change my thread options or something lol because it's different now.
You most've changed it by accident, lol.

Go to User Control Panel, then "Edit Options" (under "Settings & Options" on the left side). Scroll down to "Postbit Location" and change it back to Left.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
You most've changed it by accident, lol.

Go to User Control Panel, then "Edit Options" (under "Settings & Options" on the left side). Scroll down to "Postbit Location" and change it back to Left.
no

it wasn't him. It happened to me too, and I made sure the postbit said "left" and clicked okay.

it was still stuck above.

but it's fixed now.

Just a little glitch I guess. There's no likely way to accidentally switch that.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Left postbit makes me feel claustrophobic. :urg:

And, uh, yeah, Zelda.

<-- On topic.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
It happened to me too, except I just ended Firefox's process in task manager and restarted it. That seemed to fix it.

Also, Zelda

MrEh

Smash Hero
Yup. XD

I played PhantomX recently. And the only time that guy got grabbed was if he was pivot grabbed, or if I did something ******** like a jab canceled grab.

Wario is just hard to grab period. And with Zelda? LOL

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
If you haven't staled your dtilt, you can usually grab Wario out of one when he gets popped up and attempt to grab release LK (Earliest is around 93%~). The grab release sucks on stages with plenty of platforms like battlefield, too bad Zelda is usually good on those stages. :lol:

I wouldn't recommend trying to grab him regularly though, unless he whiffs one of his rare fsmashes or something :upsidedown:

Also, landing a pivot grab on someone as Zelda is pretty hilarious :chuckle:

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
If he's getting popped into the air by dtilt, he's probably at a high enough percentage where a utilt or fresh usmash will kill him.

But it's always nice to have options, I guess.

Veggie123

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I was talking about the earliest possible percent dtilt can pop Wario up, where fair would probably have a better shot at KOing especially if you're near an edge. 100ish is a bit too early for usmash and utilt to kill Wario.

But you're correct KayLo, once Wario is high enough to get killed by usmash/tilt, grab release loses its appeal :)

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Since we havent donw these matchups yet Im wondering:

How do you handle Pit?
How do you handle ZSS
How do you handle a c-stick spamming Wolf/Kirby?

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Just like in general, as if we were talking about the matchup in a rediscussion thread.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
You mean you want Pit and ZSS matchup threads? Just post about it in the main matchup thread or PM Kataefi and ask him to post them, lol.

AzNfinesse

Smash Journeyman
hey guys I'm picking up Zelda what do I do?
the general rule of thumb is research before you ask in this thread...but i'm feeling nice today so here ya go:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218082
Great Fairy Fountain has all the frame data and research you'll need if you're into reading up on frame data.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=206241
Modern Zelda Video Archive has multiple videos of matches as well as some entertaining highlight reels and vids for you to enjoy/copy/take notes on.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=196906
Zelda/Sheik Guide has everything you'll need to learn about all the AT's that Zelda/Sheik has in her arsenal.

If you have any other questions PM a zelda player (I highly recommend going on the Zelda Chat when you get a chance:
http://xat.com/AnythingZelda
you'll get a chance to meet some of the zelda players on here and ask for tips/watch movies/have your IQ drop about 40 points and possibly lose your virginity all over again).

I hope this helps you.

MrEh

Smash Hero
hey guys I'm picking up Zelda what do I do?
I recommend you pick up a better character.

Otherwise, you just gotta practice with her. There's no good up-to-date Zelda guide, so you're pretty much on your own for the most part. (unless you have something specific to ask, then someone can help you)

Alternatively, you could wait until DM writes a guide or something.

Popertop

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm boning up on stickies right now.

The thing I need to work on most is probably recovering.

But yeah, mainly picking her up for certian matchups + low tiers.

I want her to be one of my more solid secondaries though.

Top Bottom