• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Zelda Q & A / FAQs / Directory ~

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Other people need you!

DarkWarCloud has opened up the Training Grounds. What this is is a place for new players to learn who plays what characters all in a simple thread so that they can contact said person to "teach" them the basics. As of right now, we only have a handful of "teachers" for a few characters and we need more! This is where you come in. Anyone who is skilled with your characters (any character) and has the free time to teach someone how to either: Teach the basics of the game in general and/or teach specific character(s), go in the thread and either post or PM DarkWarCloud with your information (Format is in the thread) where you may possibly be contacted by someone who wants to learn. The future of smash lies in your hands.

On the other hand, if you wish to learn, go to the thread also!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241698

SuSa

Banned via Administration
I've been looking into this, so it's slightly known (by me, at least, dunno about anyone else). You also get a slight boost forward when you land with Din's..... frame-by-frame, you literally see Zelda mini-teleport forward by a step or so.

I haven't done actual frame testing on it yet, though, so I won't say anything else for now since I'm not 100% sure. x.x
It's not much, but it would seem to help Zelda's camping game...even if just by a little :p

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Also.... don't dismiss din's fire :) A lot of aerials have startup and cooldown, moreso than the actual hitbox themselves. Make din's fire explode then.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Depends on the distance. At mid-long distance, the hitbox is big enough that you can 1) wait for his hitbox to end, then explode him in his cooldown lag, or 2) make it explode behind him at his feet if he's camping with fairs (while his hitbox is still in front of him). Same can be said for nairs, although the timing is a little more strict for blowing up his feetsies.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I have a quick question

What moves does Lucas's f-smash outrange of Zelda's? Including grab range and aerials

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Just a random note on above question.

I am not 100% sure, but Lucas's Fsmash MIGHT outrange Zelda's. I didn't think it did and me and a friend were playing at a tournament and at the last stock both around 150% we both Fsmashed I did it a little bit before him and before Zelda even stopped sparkling his hit me. We were both shocked. We thought it might be a fluke.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Just a random note on above question.

I am not 100% sure, but Lucas's Fsmash MIGHT outrange Zelda's. I didn't think it did and me and a friend were playing at a tournament and at the last stock both around 150% we both Fsmashed I did it a little bit before him and before Zelda even stopped sparkling his hit me. We were both shocked. We thought it might be a fluke.
I think it's because Zelda extends forward with her arms... it's similar to when someone overextends and Zelda's Fsmash seems to travel and hit with the last hit at a lengthy range, except Lucas is doing it to Zelda. Good info to know :)

In this situation, I'd say try charging Fsmash - she actually has a decent drawback similar to sonic's that can avoid attacks and counter from these sorts of distances.

MrEh

Smash Hero
she actually has a decent drawback similar to sonic's that can avoid attacks and counter from these sorts of distances.
No she doesn't.

Zelda's Fsmash does have a drawback animation, but it's no where near apparent enough to be useful. Sonic and Bowser have good animations, Zelda does not. It's far to easy for you to strike her hands.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
She does have a good drawback actually... maybe not as good as the aforementioned characters, but it's usable from the right distances; usable, not fool-proof however. It's saved me many times. Try it sometime :)

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Cus Ive been facing a good Lucas at one of my friend's houses and I seem to always get killed/outranged by his f-smash.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
oh i see, i'm still not sure though since the most times i've done lucas vs Zelda is against Ocho and my lucas doesn't throw out Fsmash much.

but i believe it can outrange everything but Fsmash and Ftilt if you start them in time.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
No she doesn't.

Zelda's Fsmash does have a drawback animation, but it's no where near apparent enough to be useful. Sonic and Bowser have good animations, Zelda does not. It's far to easy for you to strike her hands.
She does have a good drawback actually... maybe not as good as the aforementioned characters, but it's usable from the right distances; usable, not fool-proof however. It's saved me many times. Try it sometime :)
She also might gain partial invincibility on her upper body from z-axis shenanigans. I'm not 100% sure on this (it's not important enough for me to have tested so far), but many characters draw themselves into the background while charging their smashes.

That may be why it's saved you a few times.

Or maybe she really does move backwards a lot. I never charge my smashes, tbh, lol. Reading about the extra knockback penalty scarred me for life. :urg:

@zeldaspazz: I don't know off the top of my head, but I'll look into it for you and try to get back to you by tomorrow.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Lucas Fsmash definitely punishes Zelda's over extension... so in that sense then yeah it does outrange it =O if you anticipate it, I guess just charge Fsmash instead from about tipper distance of his own Fsmash, or run away!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I've never tried it, but man, Peach's F-Air is hella annoying.
I don't think it's a move you can trade with, it's got too much range. it's probably gonna be one or the other. The best I've done in that area was, when a peach was going to do a turnip toss->fair combo to me, I caught the turnip while fairing and the fair sweetspotted her.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Utilt trades with it as well. It's the only move (I think there aren't any more) that can trade with it.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Utilt trades with it as well. It's the only move (I think there aren't any more) that can trade with it.
i think it is the only reliable way to trade w/ her. or try and jump into her w/ Nair

I'm pretty sure you can't do that if Peach spaces the Fair properly.
probably so, i don't think mines was perfectly spaced when Ocho kicked at me making us trade. i wonder if i still have that replay.....
PS = powershield. Powershield his, then use your own fsmash. xD
i know that, it was a joke lol

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Because you can shield out of a run. You just.... hit the shield button while running.

If you're doing your skid animation before you shield, that just means you're waiting too long to shield.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Because you can shield out of a run. You just.... hit the shield button while running.

If you're doing your skid animation before you shield, that just means you're waiting too long to shield.
Oh, okay, that cleared things up.
Thank you very much ^^

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Hey everyone! I was just wondering if someone could critique my Zelda in the video thread. If someone does, I would greatly appreciate it :).

Top Bottom