• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Zelda Q & A / FAQs / Directory ~

sasook

Smash Champion
You really should learn how to play MK though even if you never plan on really using him all that much. The more you know about the most used character the better.
As smart and wise as this statement is.....

Ew. That's all I can say.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Hey, one of the best Zelda's who posts here is giving us advice.
It would be smart to take it

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Snake is a good secondary. Marth would be good, but you'll get ***** by MK, which is a glaring problem. Not really sure about ZSS's bad matchups, so I can't comment on that one.

But, uh. If you're solo Zelda, the only really good secondaries are MK and Snake since Zelda has so many bad MUs in the higher tiers. If you go Zelda/Sheik, you have a bit more flexibility, but still not that much.

Pikachu? =X He won't necessarily cover your bad matchups, but he more or less has neutral MUs across the board except for Marth (his worst) and the characters he destroys by CG. But this is kind of shameless pimpin for my main, lol.

Brinzy

Godfather of the Crimean Mafia
NNID
Brinzy
ZSS is a ridiculously hard character to use. Otherwise, she beats G&W, Snake and Olimar (I think, could be wrong here), and she has better match-ups against tons of characters. ZSS + Z/S is an excellent combination to go with if you are set on not using MK.

Popertop

Smash Champion
I think snake would be better, he covers Marth, who is still a problem if you use Wario.

but if you can fight Marth with Zelda okay, then Wario would be golden.

sasook

Smash Champion
ZSS is a good character, but has a large learning curve. Her only really bad matchup is Falco. Other than that, her matchups are good, or at least decent.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I used to main ZSS a loooong time ago, I might still have a little bit of knowledge :)

MrEh

Smash Hero
Good secondaries that cover Zelda's bad matchups can pretty much be ANY S tier.

MK, Snake, and Wario are probaby the best imo. All of them have their own share of weaknesses, but those are astronomically smaller then Zelda's. It's certainly better then something like Marth or Gdub, both of which are sort of lackluster compared to the top.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
I can't argue with that guy who made the jab-lock thread tactical. He's so dead set against any other opinion other than his own, and his informaiton is wrong.....

Sasook and Sihi are right....

Popertop

Smash Champion
well, if you jab locked somebody somehow on the ground...

could you sweetspot Dair > Uair them?

cause I have that happening in my head, and it seems like lots of damage

I guess a smash would be better since it would set up for an edgeguard, right?

zeldspazz

Smash Master
FF bair to regain momentum control, then either reverse Naryu's or jump to kill momentum. (Reverse Naryu's takes a bit of practice.)

I always Dins when I try to do that XD I just jump honestly

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Add very limited aerial game to that list
And very light
And very floaty
And her Smashes can be SDIed out of
And she has the worst Heigh to Weight ratio

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
But what do you mean by heigh to weight ratio?
She's too tall for her light weight.

Taller = bigger hurtbox = bigger target = easier to hit.

Most light characters are small, which is good since they can evade moves relatively easier than bigger/taller characters.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725

Most light characters are small, which is good since they can evade moves relatively easier than bigger/taller characters.
I think sheik's is a TINGE worse, but still both have HORRID ratios.

not like wario over there <_<

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
On a sidenote who is the best Zedla atm?
Uh, the best Zelda main is probably Darkmusician, although I dunno how often he uses Zelda anymore. (Maybe he'll respond and clarify that.)

But there are other players, like NinjaLink, who use her well too.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero

doesn't Zamus have a bad height/weight ratio too?

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Seriously. The sweetspot simply doesn't strike a grounded opponent.
Yet she still gains all the lag of a sweetspot if she hits someone's shield with Dair. It's like the move was created to increase Zelda's vulnerability from below.

anyway, what stage is best for warp canceling practice?
I'd suggest first going to FD and learning to ledgewarp there. It's actually pretty easy since the ground has marks almost exactly where you need to activate FW and direct it completely sideways to succeed. After that go to Norfair. When you can do it there you've learned it on two stages that are probably the easiest and the hardest ones. After that just start practising it in other places, starting from those that it'll probably be the most useful (I highly recommend learning BF pretty early).

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Are you allowed to post online tourney results in the Zelda Tournament thread? Cus Ill be attending one soon that has normal rules, no gimmicks, just like a regular offline tourney. I also dont have access to any offline tourneys.

Top Bottom