• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Asthetics

Dsparil

Smash Rookie
Is announcing your sexual orientation on a video game forums really that necessary?

Aeyr

Smash Apprentice
I've noticed it mostly in this forum o.o. Is it really that necessary to know if a Zelda is gay or not lmao?

rampant_apart

Smash Apprentice
I'll admit I started it with mentioning my sexual orientation. I thought it was relevant to the discussion at that time, I didn't think it would bring up this odd trend.
It is interesting to note, but I don't think anyone really thinks this is all that important.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Nobody does think it's really important, but it's conversation.

And people saying "is it really necessary to know a player's sexual orientation" are probably just perturbed by someone being gay. To that, I say, grow up. It's a thing of life, pure and simple.

bladeofapollo

Smash Ace
And people saying "is it really necessary to know a player's sexual orientation" are probably just perturbed by someone being gay. To that, I say, grow up. It's a thing of life, pure and simple.
Well THAT'S stereotypical...

Oh look, irony.

I think it's more along the lines of extraneous knowledge. It's like, "State your favorite Zelda color and your favorite food!" That sounds kinda silly. In a thread called "Zelda Asthetics," sexual preference is about as relevant as favorite food.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman

Oh look, irony.

I think it's more along the lines of extraneous knowledge. It's like, "State your favorite Zelda color and your favorite food!" That sounds kinda silly. In a thread called "Zelda Asthetics," sexual preference is about as relevant as favorite food.
or asthetics as in body as in a gay guy may have a different opinion than a straight guy as is the same with females as well. Your example of food the lack of relevancy is obvious. With sexual orientation and relating to a female body has a direct relevancy.

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice

Oh look, irony.

...You're in a recreational forum and also in a thread that discusses something insignificant and offtopic on the metagame of Brawl. Do you actually expect people to keep the conversation linear?

Seriously, wording your distaste for such kinds of disclosures as "extraneous" is just a pompous way to indirectly try to shut down the action you criticize. When people tire of the trend, they will leave it, simple as that.

By the way, you would've understood the reason for the trend had you been familiar with its reference to Peach player stereotypes.

Personally? I think the discussion added spice to an otherwise typical poll. It gives space to branch out into discussion of aesthetics from both a heterosexual and homosexual perspective.

rampant_apart

Smash Apprentice
I like elegant, regal strong females, I've noticed. I like Zelda in Smash, Helena in D.O.A., Ivy in Soul Calibur (okay, she's also really obviously sexual on top of being regal). Maybe that's attached to me being gay...but...I also like Slayer from GG and Dudley in 3rd strike, so maybe it's just a high class thing.

I can't even begin to guess why a disproportionate amount of Zelda players are gay or bi. *shrug* Again, not that it is important.

Jamizoid

Smash Rookie
I like the default Zelda, though I occasionally play Green or Classic. I'm a straight girl.

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
I like elegant, regal strong females, I've noticed. I like Zelda in Smash, Helena in D.O.A., Ivy in Soul Calibur (okay, she's also really obviously sexual on top of being regal). Maybe that's attached to me being gay...but...I also like Slayer from GG and Dudley in 3rd strike, so maybe it's just a high class thing.

I can't even begin to guess why a disproportionate amount of Zelda players are gay or bi. *shrug* Again, not that it is important.
*Swoons* Helena....she fights so elegantly. I tried so hard searching up her fighting style, Pi Qua Quan, but it appears to be very remote; there wasn't much written in English about it =(.

And, yes, there appears to be something about elegance that appeals very much to us gay men.

Fire4All

Smash Cadet
Did anyone ever notice/mention that the old-fasioned dresses had a thingy in the rear that makes a big curve. I know someone mentioned the dress thing, but I guess this topic would be pointless if it wasn't common knowledge.........

Maybe it is coincidence with the sexuality? (I = STRAIT)

chuigarza

Smash Rookie
I don't know why it is, but i see you guys talking your favorite costume Zelda, and then i try to think which is my fav...and i conclude i love every one of her colors...i mean, they all fit her!! she's so...wow...i use all of them, well i dont use the black so much, still i love the way she looks in it, as well as in other colors..ohh and btw im gay too! coincidence? who knows!?

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
Straight vegas guy (where have we gone?)

i think zelda's hot.. shame she's not real.. mmmm and the green is my fav color then black

BlueYoshiPinkShoes

Smash Apprentice
Wow.
This turned into a discussion of Straight/Gay Zelda players. Ermmmm.
I'm straight.
I play Zelda.
You're all sick for noticing that amazing looking rear end.
And I prefer her OoT model.

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
Which Zelda color do you like the best and why?

And does anyone else think that Zelda kind of has a budonkadonk booty?
Red is my favorite color, and Zelda flaunts it well. Other than the red dress, I also keep the normal one.

I noticed the booty, and I like it. I like it a lot. LMAO!

Also for the record... I'm a straight male Zelda player. I actually find Zelda very sexy.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
I play blue because I like the red scarf that Sheik gets and Zelda looks nice too (I use Sheik to build damage and Zelda to kill).

... Am I the only straight male Zelda player? >.>
I'm straight and love using Zelda. She's just one of my favorite nintendo characters. Oh, and for my favorite color...gothic Zelda. Yes, overused but I like dark/creepy things.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Is announcing your sexual orientation on a video game forums really that necessary?
YES!! >=( NAO GTFO JOO N00B!!!11six

In all seriousness though, I just mentioned mine because others were doing it and I thought it was interesting. ._. I didn't mean to contribute to some sort of "problem"... it was just part of the conversation at the time.

sFoster

Smash Journeyman
umm wow sexual orientation FTW lol

I play Zelda because I honestly believe she is the most powerful character in the game.
She has the power of three gods. I mean, come on.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Dark Zelda suits me quite well. Not that I'm an emo or anything, I mean, black is just so hot a color... (undecided sexual orientation female here. LOL. jk. Straight.)

PriMaDonna

Smash Rookie
Hehe. My first post. I just signed up.

Conforming as it may sound, I do love using the black Zelda.
Yeahh, 14yearold gayboy here. ;)
Surprising how dominant we are in this thread

Downshift

Smash Journeyman
I really like the blue Zelda, I dont much like the white dresses.
Black comes is second for that platinum blonde hair.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
I use the blue outfit. I'll admit it, I'm a metrosexual man. And the blue outfit is just a fantastic colour for zelda. it really is. Not to mention, you get a cool red bandana for your blue shiek ;)

as for her butt... it's normal. The way the dress is designed makes it look bigger sometimes because the top part of it comes down and covers it. Also, she arches her back often which makes her but stick out and appear larger.

I actually love the way they did zelda. She's gorgeous, but understated... IE she doesn't have massive boobs *cough* ZSS *cough*

Downshift

Smash Journeyman
I'll admit it, I'm a metrosexual man.
What does that have to do with anything?
I'm not asking to challenege you, I'm curious.

the blue outfit is just a fantastic colour for zelda. it really is.
I love it, it brings out her eyes.

I actually love the way they did zelda. She's gorgeous, but understated... IE she doesn't have massive boobs *cough* ZSS *cough*
I love how she's not "rough" like Samus, but not "ditzy" like Peach.
She's very confident and mature, yet... dainty but not helpless.
Elegant.
Like the type of chick to take home to the parents.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
What does that have to do with anything?
I'm not asking to challenege you, I'm curious.
Only a woman, a ,metrosexual or a homosexual would care about Zelda's fashion sense.
Like the type of chick to take home to the parents.
if your parents are into chicks that can COMPLETELY KICK YOUR A** with hardcore magic spells

popsofctown

Smash Champion
umm wow sexual orientation FTW lol

I play Zelda because I honestly believe she is the most powerful character in the game.
She has the power of three gods. I mean, come on.
It's three goddESSES, Nayru, Din, and Faore.
She doesn't actually command their power any more so than Ganondorf or Link does. She might have a special link to Nayru though.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
It's three goddESSES, Nayru, Din, and Faore.
She doesn't actually command their power any more so than Ganondorf or Link does. She might have a special link to Nayru though.
But in Brawl (and Melee) she uses one power from each of the goddesses, I think that sFoster meant that.

SheikSmasher

Smash Cadet
My favourite colour I like is the normal and dark one because she looks like a vampire oh and possibly the blue one.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
yeah... that wouldn't fly. I know my parents would kill me if I brought home a guy... I'm not sure about a non sexual shiek thing... but I can only assume the punnishment would be similar. Zelda, on the other hand, would recieve no such problems. the whole "she's an elf" thing would make it difficult, but other than that, yes

Downshift

Smash Journeyman
yeah... that wouldn't fly. I know my parents would kill me if I brought home a guy... I'm not sure about a non sexual shiek thing... but I can only assume the punnishment would be similar. Zelda, on the other hand, would recieve no such problems. the whole "she's an elf" thing would make it difficult, but other than that, yes
Shiek is pretty clearly femine in Brawl, at least much moreso than in Ocarina of Time. She's just ... creepy.

Why does this stupidass subject have so many posts?
Because Zelda's hot.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Shiek is pretty clearly femine in Brawl, at least much moreso than in Ocarina of Time. She's just ... creepy.
I disagree. Shiek is clearly lest masculine than his/her/its previous forms have been, but still could pass either way. shiek has a complete lack of genetalia. The whole deceptive "is that a bulge there?" "are those breasts there?" character design only adds to the mystery.

Shiek's physical frame doesn't help much because it's thin yet muscular. Muscular enough to be a man, but not so muscular that it can't be a woman.

The voice goes either way.

Too much of the face is covered up forpositive identification there.

In the end, it doesn't really matter. It's creepy either way.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Why does this stupidass subject have so many posts?

Black-dress Zelda. Goth chicks turn me on.
You just ansvered it yourself.

I disagree. Shiek is clearly lest masculine than his/her/its previous forms have been, but still could pass either way. shiek has a complete lack of genetalia. The whole deceptive "is that a bulge there?" "are those breasts there?" character design only adds to the mystery.

Shiek's physical frame doesn't help much because it's thin yet muscular. Muscular enough to be a man, but not so muscular that it can't be a woman.

Okay, let´s not change this into one of those "What is *****´s sex?" threats, they all exist already. Sheik´s sex depents on the person wondering it: if you think that he is a man, there´s nothing that can convince you other way, if you think that she´s a woman then it´s futile to try to prove you wrong.

Also, Sheik is she.

tag yeah

Smash Cadet
I hate to say it, but I still like the black dress/white hair Zelda. I know, I know, soooooooo overplayed, but I still like it.

Also, as a gay guy, I didn't really notice any budonkadonk on her. I mean, objectively, she doesn't look that curvy, does she? If anything, I noticed that she looks very slight, upright and almost "supermodel" thin. Typical elven sparkly fairy magic princess look and all that. Mind you, I wasn't looking for it, so I could be wrong.

If you want your baby to got back, I'd look more toward the other princess. I mean, she has a special move based on that butt of hers, hearts flying out of her bomber and all.
i completely agree, i love the lore in the game that they actually decided to include zelda from old, thats why I like it, not just its dark and "evil"

Downshift

Smash Journeyman

And thus why Ganondorf in Ocarina of Time was fooled for so long.
Very clever, Zelda.

Top Bottom