• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Asthetics

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord

rampant_apart

Smash Apprentice
I finally had time to watch these. Now if you excuse me, I´m going to a corner to cry Zelda´s lost reputation.
I told her, a rick roll would have been many times more humane.

I wasn't attacking you specifically, I was just speaking in generalities. I guess you're right in saying that the average gamer (stereotypically and most likely statistically) is a hetero male though and I guess I could understand how you could find some comfort in knowing that there were more people like you. I don't know, asking about it just seems a little personal is all I'm saying.

And yes, Ken's Unified Peach Theory is obviously just trashtalk.
No, I understand. I voluntarily offer up the fact that I'm gay, but only when I feel it's pertinent to the conversation. After that, I generally don't make a big deal about it. That it became a topic of discussion was sort of accidental. I understand not everyone wants to talk about it, but I certainly won't stop this sort of dialogue. Heaven knows, it's not like topics such as these are commonplace.

GotACoolName

Smash Journeyman
Blond color scheme. I just don't like the brunette look as much as classic Zelda. Well, okay, classic classic Zelda is a brunette (I think?), but I don't mean classic classic.

Also, gay male here (bi, actually, but pretty much gay).

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
The light blue dress for me. It was the green one in melee. I have noticed her....err....assets. Especially when she walks.

Straight over here BTW.

Lord Yawgmoth

Smash Apprentice
For Melee I mained sheik and used Zelda as my secondary.

White Zelda:
The only sheik I ever used was White+Black sheik. I picked this color for both Zelda and Sheik.

Blue Zelda:
I agree with UmbreonMow and a couple others, I miss the blue outfit from Melee, which is what I normally used when playing as Zelda.

In brawl I almost always play as Black Zelda. I know it is overused, but it's really nice.

Straight, and Male.
I didn't realize so many gay smashers played Zelda. That's interesting.

Anyways Zelda is just the silent solemn type, thus I play as her.

ub.fred

Smash Rookie
I just read every post in 6 pages, and during que registration i forgot about everysingle content.

So, i kind of remember pple saying their favorite zelda color
I'm a zelda/wario player, zelda favorite: blue one, plus, I skipped melee so i have no idea how the last blue costume looked like! Any pics anyone? About the fuuuckkk theme... i could both of my chars, not gonna spit upwards! :D

Hello pple, hopefully i'll be around sooome time!
-fredericke

SMBEffect

Smash Apprentice
My favorite color would definitely have to be Red, but some of the colors are fun to play around with.

Also, I'm pretty much straight, but I don't think about video game characters in any sexual way, so I didn't pick Zelda for that reason. I just liked Zelda in Melee and decided to main her after playing with her in Brawl.

FinalKai

Smash Apprentice
Home: New Jersey, College: USC (Los Angeles)
Yea...I have to say that I like the Twilight Princess color scheme for Zelda the best (the purple one)

Dark Zelda looks like an elderly matron going to a funeral...and Blue and Red are way too Blue and Red...they'd be better if the scheme had a white dress with a tint of blue or red. I don't like the color green as a color to be worn. and Pink Zelda is way too blonde and way too pink...but I might consider using it from time to time.

Also...since I play Zamus as well and use her Purple suit...i think the two femme fatales match nicely together.

I used to play Peach in melee...but they made her character so much more ditzy in Brawl (especially in the way she's portrayed in SSE and her voice is really annoying now too)...and it just doesn't appeal to me anymore...

Amongst all my friend that i know who play Smash as much as I do...I'm the only one who plays the girls...and I've become famous amongst my group of friends for doing so.

I'm a bisexual male...and I have noticed Zelda's curves a bit more but she's more of an epic/regal beauty as opposed to Zamus who's a feisty voluptuous vixen...furthermore...Ike is pretty **** hot...and i'm pretty sure he and Marth keep each other warm on cold, lonely nights...

ub.fred

Smash Rookie
Wait...I'm a little confused. I think I got lost because of the spitting comment...
ha! it's about people talking 'bout their sexuality, not that i would actually have sx with zelda or wario... mmm... wait a tick...

now i'm the one confused. :chuckle:

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
Yea...I have to say that I like the Twilight Princess color scheme for Zelda the best (the purple one)

Dark Zelda looks like an elderly matron going to a funeral...and Blue and Red are way too Blue and Red...they'd be better if the scheme had a white dress with a tint of blue or red. I don't like the color green as a color to be worn. and Pink Zelda is way too blonde and way too pink...but I might consider using it from time to time.

Also...since I play Zamus as well and use her Purple suit...i think the two femme fatales match nicely together.

I used to play Peach in melee...but they made her character so much more ditzy in Brawl (especially in the way she's portrayed in SSE and her voice is really annoying now too)...and it just doesn't appeal to me anymore...

Amongst all my friend that i know who play Smash as much as I do...I'm the only one who plays the girls...and I've become famous amongst my group of friends for doing so.

I'm a bisexual male...and I have noticed Zelda's curves a bit more but she's more of an epic/regal beauty as opposed to Zamus who's a feisty voluptuous vixen...furthermore...Ike is pretty **** hot...and i'm pretty sure he and Marth keep each other warm on cold, lonely nights...
Blasphemy, black Zelda looks positively Twilight-ish. The black and white contrast is just beautiful, plus she looks intimidating in that dress; you get a rather sorcerous feel from it.

And yeah, the two FE boys might have an interesting way of keeping warm, how interesting!

CCC07

Smash Apprentice
Blasphemy, black Zelda looks positively Twilight-ish. The black and white contrast is just beautiful, plus she looks intimidating in that dress; you get a rather sorcerous feel from it.
I agree the black suit is intimidating and my personal favorite. I love the dark sorcerous looks.

Rikuo

Smash Cadet
I love the new look Zelda got in TP. I'm not a big fan of blond girls in pink dresses. I think brunette looks so much better, and the purple makes her look more regal and elegant. I picked her in melee because she was basically the only spell caster type, though Ness kind of is (which is why I played him in N64). I just like magic users. Plus, Zelda is my favorite video game character. I've always loved the series, and when she started taking more active roles in the story, I just loved her.

Default looks the best, but I sometimes go blue because she does look striking with the darker dress. Red, I like third best. Green is somewhere in the middle. I typically love white hair, but her black costume is depressing, and to me, unfitting for the character. The pink one with blond hair is my least favorite.

I'm a gay male.

FinalKai

Smash Apprentice

And yeah, the two FE boys might have an interesting way of keeping warm, how interesting!
Yea...i guess she looks intimidating...but still in a very matronly way...and the sorceress feel thing i can see...but the white hair just makes her look kinda old...instead of a youthful, heaven sent angel feel that she has in her default colors

yea it's pretty hard to deny that the FE boys enjoy crossing swords off the battlefield as well...hahaha

Mac2492

Smash Apprentice
I like the black dress, but not the gray/white hair. Thus, I use Zelda and Sheik's blue costume. =P

rampant_apart

Smash Apprentice
Actually, I would have killed for an alternate costume of Zelda in her Twilight Princess cloak...
Of course, if we're on the issue of demands from fans, I still remember how most of us were insisting that Zelda use her sword this time around. *cough cough*

Iris

Smash Ace
I was hoping for possessed Zelda costume more than anything. Pretty much just her original costume in darker tones with yellow eyes and green skin. Hell, even a possessed Zelda trophy would've been nice. :(

Magus420

Smash Master
Zelda should've had a disjointed sword... and by that I mean the magic hits with kicks past where the sword is so you can **** up those silly short ranged characters like Marth and the like who only have a crappy non-magical sword to try and swing at you.

CCC07

Smash Apprentice
Zelda should've had a disjointed sword... and by that I mean the magic hits with kicks past where the sword is so you can **** up those silly short ranged characters like Marth and the like who only have a crappy non-magical sword to try and swing at you.
hehe very nice

DinsSpammer

Smash Rookie
It's up between blue and black on which I like the best. Zelda in the black doesn't look old to me, her hair looks like a platinum blonde rather than gray. I'm used to seeing elvish characters depicted with pure white hair though and actually prefer it.

rampant_apart

Smash Apprentice
lol, wouldn't that be a smash from half a stage away? ;)

Luthien

Smash Ace
I was hoping for possessed Zelda costume more than anything. Pretty much just her original costume in darker tones with yellow eyes and green skin. Hell, even a possessed Zelda trophy would've been nice. :(
You kind of got that boss battle you were hoping for, though.

Kind of. A different kind of possessed (okay, fine, it wasn't even her), but the fake had yellow eyes and darker tones.

Iris

Smash Ace
Yeah, I'm grateful about that, but it wasn't much of a throwback to the possession. :( There's no question it would've been badass if Ganon's intro was possessing her or something.

KageJuin

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1349-7001-8814
ooh...I love pink and blonde haired Zela, because OoT was my favorite Zelda game..so..yeah..too bad, but Sheik looks better in the TP costume

I play OoT or TP costume mostly..and I'm male XD

Ivoryshadows

Smash Cadet
Black Zelda(sheesh!) all the way. Though I occassionaly like ot play with the Zelda of Old. She shold of gotten her odl dress back in that one color change. The red one is nice but I won't play with it...

Supersmashbro125

Smash Apprentice
i am male and I like girls.Zelda's boobs are definetly more noticable then in melee! (or bigger than melee...)and her butt isnt that big,its her dress.i like her black dress also (WHAT THE HELL) and her red is cool too.oh yea,i dont play /Zelda because of her looks,she is just very,intrestiing and mysterious and...um...cool(i really like the legend of zelda)

Coonace

Smash Rookie
I graduated LSU, so I'm inclined to use the purple. However, I also use the pink because Sheik's color in that set is the one I mained with in melee.

FinalKai

Smash Apprentice
This discussion of favorite colors got me thinking the other day that it would be pretty sweet if Sakurai included an option in the game that actually allowed a player to customize they're own color scheme...of course only certain parts of a characters outift could be colored...but regardless...if he did include such an option every player could pretty much have their own personalized outfit...

it would be pretty awesome

rampant_apart

Smash Apprentice
Heck, if he wanted to get *really* crazy, he would let us customize the outfits with add ons ala' Virtua Fighter and to a lesser extent Tekken. I would totally collect those instead of stickers.

That would also go from zero to crazy in under 60 seconds for the development team, but hey, whatevs.

Ledger_Damayn

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure Marth, Ike, Link, and Toon Link all have magical swords.

Actually, I'm positive that Ike (Ragnell), Link (Master Sword), and Toon Link (Phantom Sword) all have them, and Marth, since he IS from FE, probably does too.

Top Bottom