• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zelda Asthetics

Eten

Smash Ace
Aha, that's interesting! I just noticed that's largely true for my group too. I main only girl characters, guy I know mains Peach, then there is the Samus player... and all the girls, Snake- Ganondorf- Ike... man that's a weird pattern.

Arashi

Smash Cadet
I had no clue of the ratio of straight to gay/bisexual players. Very interesting...

Anyway, yeah, Zelda's butt isn't very big, I'm one of those who have looked up that dress of hers (not to be pervy, just curious as to if she was really so curvaceous). Also, I didn't realize that the dark Zelda was so hackneyed. Online, I've played against maybe one dark Zelda and a couple of other colors. I almost always play as black, personally. :)

By the way, I'm a straight Zelda player, though I'm fine with homo/bisexuality.

Knightly

Smash Rookie
The ratio is pretty surprising, but the more the merrier!

Anyone else wish Zelda had her own game? Enough with the "Oh Link save me from Ganondorf for the millionth time!" She should have her own game where she learns spells and stuff and saves Link butt for a change.

Tingle has his own game for goodness sakes! Surely Zelda deserves a staring role more so then him. Guess I'll just be Brawling with her until then.

rampant_apart

Smash Apprentice
I think it's not likely that she'll ever get a starring role, but I think it would be awesome if she ever get a costarring role, as a second player. Then again, that it probably too much to hope for as well.

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
The ratio is pretty surprising, but the more the merrier!

Anyone else wish Zelda had her own game? Enough with the "Oh Link save me from Ganondorf for the millionth time!" She should have her own game where she learns spells and stuff and saves Link butt for a change.

Tingle has his own game for goodness sakes! Surely Zelda deserves a staring role more so then him. Guess I'll just be Brawling with her until then.
That would be great, I'd love to be an ***-kicking magic user in a game as puzzle-y and cool as a Zelda game. Although I hear that Zelda did have a CD-i game which of course was awful....

Sajun88

Smash Apprentice
I don't play Zelda at all, though now I'm definitely thinking about it. But it's good to see that so many different people play a character and not just because she's hot. I don't know any girls that play Smash myself, but in my circle of guys we all play guy characters. I occasionally play ZSS but I suck with her lol. Bout the closest I ever got to playing a chick character in Melee was Jigglypuff, and I'm not really sure whether Jiggly is a he or she... mabye it's asexual?

TheLake

Smash Master
Jiggz is a she baby. Cause you when you go puff you cant get enough! Can I get an amen fellas?!

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
Wow! In my group of brawlers I and another male friend main all females (Im male) and the girls all main males. Thats so weird!

Zelda and Link togethor in a adventure to save hyrule from Ganon and Vaati. Sounds good to me.

Pikachu'sBlueWizardHat

Smash Apprentice
All the pokemon are male as far as I'm concerned. In general I think of things with non-obvious genders as male.

Jigglypuff is probably female though, guys don't usually wear hats like that >_>

Luthien

Smash Ace
How is Ivysaur a girl?!
It has the deepest voice ever.
I would've figured it was a male but then again, you never know :/
Try the japanese voiceacting of Ivysaur. Obviously female, imo.

English voiceacting has once again destroyed the world...

... and I can't stand the Snake cutscene chat/transmission/taunt things.

Tsuteto

火事で死ね
Zelda, straight male, red dress because I call it my "Valentine Zelda" outfit, etc.

But yeah, I can play the female characters pretty well. They're typically my pref... or at least something feminine (Marth, anyone?). But seriously, most women that are down to earth are secretly in control. Most men just don't realize it.

Lucrece

Smash Apprentice
I don't play Zelda at all, though now I'm definitely thinking about it. But it's good to see that so many different people play a character and not just because she's hot. I don't know any girls that play Smash myself, but in my circle of guys we all play guy characters. I occasionally play ZSS but I suck with her lol. Bout the closest I ever got to playing a chick character in Melee was Jigglypuff, and I'm not really sure whether Jiggly is a he or she... mabye it's asexual?

Jiggs is, surprisingly enough, a he. InPokemon games, it can be both sexes, I think.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Try the japanese voiceacting of Ivysaur. Obviously female, imo.

English voiceacting has once again destroyed the world...

... and I can't stand the Snake cutscene chat/transmission/taunt things.
Oh c'mon.
Zero Suit Samus, Snake, Captain Falcon, Squirtle, Luigi, and Ike all have great English Voice Acting.

....and you obviously have no soul.

-spAzn-

Smash Journeyman
Oh c'mon.
Zero Suit Samus, Snake, Captain Falcon, Squirtle, Luigi, and Ike all have great English Voice Acting.

This man speaks the truth, I am totally happy with those english voice actors "I fight for my friends" :p that's a bit cheesy though hehe.

Fixed.

30chars.
How dare you not like Snake's and Ike's voice. Those are the most awesome, you sir are not cool anymore :p.

Go Team Drake!

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
I think the only reason that Drake doesn't like those two is because you **** him with them.
He's just emotional scarred.
See what you do Spazn? :p

[/SPOILER]Team Drake keeps losing. Team Luthien definitely wins[/SPOILER]

Whoops :p

Drake3

Smash Ace
I think the only reason that Drake doesn't like those two is because you **** him with them.
:'(. After you hear "I fight for my friends" a thousand times, it gets annoying. >_>

[/SPOILER]Team Drake keeps losing. Team Luthien definitely wins[/SPOILER]

Uhh, what? So untrue. I think the numbers would've evened out more later on, but we'll never know because Luthien ran away! In the meantime, I'd be happy to devour your lag-free soul again.

HipsterKid

Smash Ace
Uhh, what? So untrue. I think the numbers would've evened out more later on, but we'll never know because Luthien ran away! In the meantime, I'd be happy to devour your lag-free soul again.
Meh. If you really want to play, go onto the forums :p

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
Oh c'mon.

............but yeah, samus and ike have the coolest voices ever. i love ike's lack of emotion, especially in "i fight for my friends". it's just so funny that it's awesome :p *is serious*

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
I used to hate Ike's voice, but now I kinda like it. Zero Suit Samus's voice is... seductive.

Snake's voice is as awesome as ever.

I don't play characters because they're hot... that's stupid. Even though I do think all of the characters I play are hot... especially Peach.

FadingWings

Smash Cadet
I think zeldas best color is red its a nice medevil kind of look,with a really dark tone and then a gold trim that kind of shines agianst the red.And i know that sounded gay but im a striaght zelda player to lol honestly !o.o

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I really like her standard colours, and her Melee colouring. Those are definitely my favourites.

I've noticed her " booty" many times on the battlefield. Especially when executing Din's fire in the air. Zelda has always had a bit of a curve around the booty in the Zelda series though. Especially in OOT. That may be the result of a corset though. I'm not sure =S

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I like black dress Zelda, but only because it makes Sheik look like an awesome ninja. I've never really cared about Zelda's appearance that much.

For the record, I'm straight, but I don't see how sexual preference matters at all in Smash or any other game (save maybe Second Life or something similar). I mained Peach for most of Melee and I'm maining Zelda in this game, but it's not for perverted reasons, it's because they are good (I'm not someone who thinks "omg how could you be attracted to a video game character it's only pixels/polygons/whatever omgwtfbbq" either, though I won't go into detail on that, suffice to say that I like ZSS more than regular Samus for reasons that have nothing to do with gameplay). I find it very irritating when people say "omg you play as Peach/Zelda, you must be gay/a pervert looking for upskirts". I don't remember anyone ever saying "omg you play as Marth, you must like bishounen stuff" or "omg you play as Fox, you must be a furry". Sorry if this sounds like a rant, I just don't think it should matter.

And Zelda does not have a badonkadonk, it's the dress. I could post a video, but I don't want to get a warning after my first post.

As far as Zelda getting her own game, I think that would be an interesting twist on the genre. Doubt that it would happen though.

["omg it's a new poster!"]

Cooper736

Smash Journeyman
I'd have to agree with everyone who said Zelda's bottom is a result of her dress, much like Peach. It's what happens when you wear a Victorian-style dress. I wouldn't know first-hand (straight male), but watch any recent Johnny Depp/Kiera Knightely movie and you'll understand.

The only Brawl character confirmed to have a nice *** would be Zamus, and that's only because her suit is skin-tight. Which I have no problem with.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Oh c'mon.

I hope you realize that Luigi like the rest of the Mario cast has only one voice anyway. ^^;

As for the topic my favorite color costume is her normal one... and for the record I'm gay too but Zelda isn't my top main, though she is one of them. =3 Though I did kinda notice her backside in some screenshots. @.@

As for the game... I think she deserves much better... I mean it's not like it could get any worse than what she got anyway. ^^; I hope both princesses come out with better games someday, both of them deserve better than the horrible game Zelda got and the super easy and somewhat offensively stereotypical game Peach got. O.o;

rampant_apart

Smash Apprentice
For the record, I'm straight, but I don't see how sexual preference matters at all in Smash or any other game (save maybe Second Life or something similar). I mained Peach for most of Melee and I'm maining Zelda in this game, but it's not for perverted reasons, it's because they are good (I'm not someone who thinks "omg how could you be attracted to a video game character it's only pixels/polygons/whatever omgwtfbbq" either, though I won't go into detail on that, suffice to say that I like ZSS more than regular Samus for reasons that have nothing to do with gameplay). I find it very irritating when people say "omg you play as Peach/Zelda, you must be gay/a pervert looking for upskirts". I don't remember anyone ever saying "omg you play as Marth, you must like bishounen stuff" or "omg you play as Fox, you must be a furry". Sorry if this sounds like a rant, I just don't think it should matter.
Well, for me, and I recognize that I sort of started the discussion on sexuality, it really doesn't matter to me either way. I would find it interesting if a certain character did draw more people of a certain preference, but I wouldn't venture a serious guess as to why. (And besides, I always thought the Ken Peach Theory was just a bit of fun.)

More over, it's just good to know that there are other gay/bisexual smashers out there, considering how heteronormative the Smash scene is most of the time. Heck, most video game scenes are. Considering the crowd that plays video games nowadays, it's usually assumed that you are a young heterosexual male. It's just kinda cool knowing there are others out there like me, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less.

Random_X

Smash Rookie
Interesting topic...
I pick blue Zelda since I love that color of blue and it works well on her. With what style dress she has, it has to be the dress since I remember how my 5th grade classmates looked in those outfits on the day everyone wore reconstruction days clothing for school(yes that kind of dress makes it more pronounced to the point of you would have to be blind not to notice even on 11 year olds).

I am a straight guy that just likes playing Zelda(seem to be one of the few). I usually pick up the characters that get unused usually, why I learned her first in Melee and never looked back since I saw Zelda picked so much...for Sheik. People either say I have guts for picking someone that they do not see very often or give me crap about it. I really don't care anymore...gives me more reason to get better and shut up the stuck up players.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Well, for me, and I recognize that I sort of started the discussion on sexuality, it really doesn't matter to me either way. I would find it interesting if a certain character did draw more people of a certain preference, but I wouldn't venture a serious guess as to why. (And besides, I always thought the Ken Peach Theory was just a bit of fun.)

More over, it's just good to know that there are other gay/bisexual smashers out there, considering how heteronormative the Smash scene is most of the time. Heck, most video game scenes are. Considering the crowd that plays video games nowadays, it's usually assumed that you are a young heterosexual male. It's just kinda cool knowing there are others out there like me, that's all. Nothing more, nothing less.
I wasn't attacking you specifically, I was just speaking in generalities. I guess you're right in saying that the average gamer (stereotypically and most likely statistically) is a hetero male though and I guess I could understand how you could find some comfort in knowing that there were more people like you. I don't know, asking about it just seems a little personal is all I'm saying.

And yes, Ken's Unified Peach Theory is obviously just trashtalk.

Top Bottom