• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Youko's Official Complete Texture Pack (NEW v0.2 BETA - CSPs, TGAs, Music, More!)

Gamemaniac

Smash Apprentice
Ok I wanna learn how to edit textures...I read there was a program called ASH but I cant find it...can anyone please give me a link to it? Or if anybody would be kind as to give me a quick rundown or a quick step by step on how to extract the file from the iso and then turn it into a Tiff.....thanks in advance...

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Careful with the licensed music guys. You try to put a match with that music on youtube and it might get removed or the audio will get murdered.

Stupid WMG.

What I'm saying is that a small amount of the brstms border into dangerous territory.

Cattle

Smash Rookie
http://meowmix.freei.me/?p=2242

Here is an amazing Young Link texture (for Link) that I would suggest be included. Only problem is that all player ones wanting to be Link would have to be that size, and it might be a problem playing a size modified character in tournament play

PND

Smash Champion
I recommend changing DK's red costume to Zangief.
http://i333.photobucket.com/albums/m375/scottiecousino/RAwr.jpg?t=1248067411

Funky Kong has a red tie, but he also has blue shorts. I've had a few complaints about people getting mixed up due to them in my matches. Zangief does not share this trait, and, well, just looks amazing. HOWEVER, to the best of my knowledge there are no CSPs or tgas for this texture, so those would have to be made.

http://kittycorpgallery.wordpress.com/index/donkey-kong/
^ This page will lead to the download link.

I dunno, thoughts on this texture, you guys?

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Careful with the licensed music guys. You try to put a match with that music on youtube and it might get removed or the audio will get murdered.

Stupid WMG.

What I'm saying is that a small amount of the brstms border into dangerous territory.
It wont get removed if the sound affects of the fight can be heard.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I currently have Zangief as white DK in the pack. You have a point though, it might be worth a change in the next update.

Stupid WMG.

I'm well aware of WMG and Youtube's shenanigans, but the thing is, as far as I'm aware, none of the music I have uploaded (except for maybe "Summon the Dragon") is owned by Warner Music Group.

Regardless, the brstms can be removed and added at your whim, so it's really not my problem.

xicsrh

Smash Cadet
So I recently added some CSP's from this texture pack (thanks for putting it together Youko), but after doing so I experienced occasional freezes. Since no one here has yet complained about such freezes, I figured that the CSP's themselves aren't causing it. Instead, I thought this might be the problem:

The CSP freezing is probably caused by a bug in CUPASH that messes up the common5.pac if a certain amount of custom CSPs are added. So right now there's nothing you can do about that, el_refugio said he would like to make a fixed version but doesn't have the time to spare.
After adding the CSP's, I have about 90 CSP's. Can anyone contradict my theory by saying that they have at least this amount but aren't experiencing freezes, or know what might be causing the freezes?

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
I really doubt it's the CSP's. I had replaced all the CSP's of mine after the freezes I had gotten from Youko's messed up textures.

I think it might be due to the intro screen, I'm not to smart with this stuff, but the part where the game is loading, as well as the wiimote safety options.

Anyways, I'll try and download this tomorrow. I hope the previous didn't mess up my SD card :\

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Hey youko, I am working on a tool to manage large sets of custom textures, kinda like my music tool, except supporting compilation of CSP's and such, probably will be done in a few weeks or so, wanna be a tester?

Roxol

Smash Rookie
The textures look and sound really cool but i am a complete noob at this sort of thing. First, can i make the folders? I had to make the pf folder and code folder but it is still not changing the game. Also, do i put the code in the wii folder or right on the First area of the SD card.

Cuno56

Smash Apprentice
The textures look amazing. The work you put in...I tip my hat to you, Youko : )
That being said, I put all the folders in the .zip under the /pf/ directory, but the CSPs simply aren't showing up. They appear at the end of matches, but not on the character select screen...
help?

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
So I recently added some CSP's from this texture pack (thanks for putting it together Youko), but after doing so I experienced occasional freezes. Since no one here has yet complained about such freezes, I figured that the CSP's themselves aren't causing it. Instead, I thought this might be the problem:

After adding the CSP's, I have about 90 CSP's. Can anyone contradict my theory by saying that they have at least this amount but aren't experiencing freezes, or know what might be causing the freezes?
Well, as of right now, I have 213 CSP's with no freezing. It's weird though. My CSP's for ZSS work fine, even the ones for Pokemon Trainer. However, the only individual pokemon CSP's that didn't freeze the game for me were Charizard. Also, my Sheik CSP's end up freezing the game as well. I might go back and remake them and see what happens.

nfl797

Smash Cadet
I just downloaded the stage, music and character textures
i gota say their nice but i didnt realy like that sperfect nazo wasnt in sonics thing hes the coolest

Darkconda

Smash Cadet
every time I start a game it freezes, is that because I'm not using the character textures?

Darkconda

Smash Cadet
Well, apparently you cant run custom menus with this. So, its not possible to turn into shiek before the match starts.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Considering fixing those magenta lines would mean doing EVERYTHING CSP-wise all over again, I'm actually going to pass on that one.
Wait. Doesn't using CSPs and custom music simultaneously freeze the game?

Edit: NVM: That bug was fixed.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
you can put textures on sleepy hat jigglypuff, the texture just has to have been done on the sleepy hat model. Do people still not know that jigglypuff has 4 character models?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
- Textures replacing Sleepy Hat Jigglypuff (FitPurin02) caused the game to freeze consistently on my Wii - it seems this is a problem for other most hackers
Hello, I have been copied from the first post.

The Sex Puma

Smash Lord
I've been lurking this thread for awhile now. lul Stop ignoring the wifi questions dammit. :mad:

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
There's not much of a point when I can't find the reason why online doesn't work and nobody really has any suggestions as to what the problem might be.

There is no inherent flaw behind what I created that would explicitly stop wi-fi from working.

Besides, online Brawl is somewhat a joke as it is, so I'm sorry that some of you put yourself through it.

Top Bottom