• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Youko's Official Complete Texture Pack (NEW v0.2 BETA - CSPs, TGAs, Music, More!)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Because you're right, my FIRST priority should be to go through EACH AND EVERY texture that I'm using, try searching the web for where I found it, and then maybe you'll be happy.
Truthfully, yes, I couldn't have done this without the texture creators' help, but I think you don't really know what you're asking of me.
Yes, it SHOULD be your first priority. This pack wouldn't exist if it wasn't for them. I mean hell, all you're doing is compiling their work.

I'm working on having every texture credited in my topic, multiple textures possibilities for every single color, and 95% of them were found by people other than myself. But I'm still working on making sure that every texture is properly credited. And every single texture voted in will be credited for sure. Not only is it the right thing to do, but it should only honestly take an hour or two. Considering how much time you claim to have spent compiling all of this together, it should be nothing compared to that.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
Yeesh, no need to give him a hard time over this. If he had been writing down their names from the start it would be easy to add them in, but to find all of them again? It could take an hour per texture with all the places each of them could be (including being buried deep within forums). And he has roughly 100+ textures in this pack.

It's not like these were stolen either. All the textures here were posted publicly by the authors to share with the community. It's great to post their names along with the packs, but if the names aren't available, it's shouldn't be a big deal.

It's a compliment to the artist that their work is good enough to be chosen out of the huge mass of edits out there, but if any artist gets upset over it, all they need to do is make a single post here and I'm sure the TC can edit the credits in for that artist.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else experiencing game freezes when using ZSS's final smash?

nmaster64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nmaster64
3DS FC
4210-3983-6182
Is there anyway we could get a zip of the CSP's pre-step2? (ie the folder of tgas)

I love your pack but want to swap out just a handful of models and that'd be SOOOOOOOOO helpful for redoing the CSPs...

Thanks!

Edit:
Would you be able to upload the .tga files for the CSPs? I don't want to lose the ones I currently use by directly using the provided .brres.

Or is there a way to convert back to .tga?
Yeah, this!

Anyone else getting crashes when they try to use FS with ZSS?
Yes. :(

Kirbichu

Smash Apprentice
Just tried this, epic as heck. I've had to make a few changes for personal preferences (no Zero Link?) but other than that I love it.

EDIT: Yes, Youko. I DO tilt my head to the side when I hear "What Is Love."

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Hopefully I'll get back to work on this today - I've got several freezes when it comes to .brres files (that represent the in-battle HUD pics).

Anybody know how to check which .brres files are corrupted and how to potentially fix the problem?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
On second thought, I'm just going to redo all the _small .tga's... they were just quick resizes of the 128x160 pixel _big ones, so some of them looked pretty crappy in-game. Hopefully this will get rid of the freeze-caused .brres files as well?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I plan on releasing v0.2 BETA tonight. Just doing some minor tweaks and testing now.

Expect:
Some texture tweaks/additions
In-battle HUD pictures (.brres)
TGA pack for customization
Stage textures I've collected
Music hacks I've been working on

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Wow, nice job Youku.
These are really good texture hacks.

You get

:026:

approval of epicness.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
Hey, I downloaded this, and put it in pf, than extracted/unzipped the first folder, so now my pf folder has "youkoTexPack" and "fighter." Because I already had a few textures in the fighter folder before. Well my old textures are working, but the new ones (yours) don't work. Should I trash all my other textures, or move them to the place your textures are? Or what?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Well, that's because the game isn't programmed to read the folder "youkoTexPack." If the game won't read it, then of course the textures won't work. You'd probably have to back up your old textures before using this and take them off your SD card.

HOWEVER, I'm uploading the latest version of the pack to Megaupload right now, so I'd hold on a bit before using an outdated pack.

AvoiD

Smash Lord
NNID
AvoiDMe
Youko, mm, I had put your pack on awhile ago, and the freezes happened, dur.

Well, today I deleted the CSP Folder, and the Fighter folder which I had downloaded from you, and replaced them with the old textures I used to use, but it still froze my game on WiFi. You know what happened?

I can't remember everything I dled from your pack lul.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
Did your opponent have the same textures as you on Wi-fi? If he didn't than your very likely to DC, or freeze... I guess....

Tennet

Smash Champion
That isn't the problem, I'm not sure what is the problem, but it shouldn't freeze on wifi...

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Well, today I deleted the CSP Folder, and the Fighter folder which I had downloaded from you, and replaced them with the old textures I used to use, but it still froze my game on WiFi. You know what happened?
The common5.pac file in the "system" folder actually determines a lot of things. Might need a new version of that file.

Anyhow, the new release is out. I've put a lot of work into this, compiling some of my favorite stage textures, creating music hacks, and more! Please read the updated first post!

EDIT:
Also added a music list of what I added in the second post, so you can properly adjust your My Music settings.

SRTM

Smash Ace
sick I was looking for a texture pack.
Can you separate sound and stage packs for future releases?
Works online fine?
How can I get this to work with brawl +, or do I have to change the GCT files everytime?

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
It's vBrawl, but I'm sure Youko wouldn't mind if he gave the .txt away and you could make it B+ enabled.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
what about the ZSS Final Smash freezing, youko?
This problem should be taken care of, with file replacement v3.5.

sick I was looking for a texture pack.
Can you separate sound and stage packs for future releases?
Works online fine?
How can I get this to work with brawl +, or do I have to change the GCT files everytime?
I suppose I can separate the two in the future. As for online, this is answered in the first post - couldn't test because Ally misplaced my LAN adapter. For B+, the really important part to get this to work is to use the new file replacement code v3.5, found in the main texture hacking thread in this forum. All you really need to do is just add that to your own .gct through codemanager.

Anyone actually tried this update so far?

SRTM

Smash Ace
Ok, everything seems to work fine, cant go online though (it freezes when I press create game) I'm not a big fan of the Final D texture hack though <.< lol

XACE-K

Smash Master
I haven't used CSPs before so I'm wondering, are the TGA files in the correct format? And do they go in every character folder that corresponds to that character?

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
TGAs are files that the CSPs are made from, through the program known as CUPASH. I released the TGAs for people who were curious enough to make their own alterations to the texture pack and wanted to change the CSPs to adjust their changes.

Basically, if you haven't used CSPs before, you don't need to touch the TGA files to get the CSPs to work on your Wii.

Top Bottom