• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Youko's Official Complete Texture Pack (NEW v0.2 BETA - CSPs, TGAs, Music, More!)

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I'm going to work on fixing a lot of these problems after I'm done with my final tomorrow (Tuesday) and then hopefully release an updated version no later than the end of the week.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
All right, so I think I've made the necessary changes for the next release - the largest of which being the SMALL pics finally working, thanks to all of your help! This will result in having the in-battle HUD pics appear. Also, texture tweaks and improvements have been added.

However, I'm still going to give it another day to test for bugs, just to make sure things don't freeze.

Just giving you guys an update.

mofo_

Smash Ace
is the roster updated? cuz i wanna suggest moss snake instead of kakashi snake for green! and skullface instead of raymond bryce for original! demoman instead of naked snake for red! hitler instead of joker >:D

ChronoTrigga

Smash Apprentice
Can you please add Spider Sheik & Black Spider Sheik? Also, Tifa Zelda/Sheik freezes the game.

5ive

Smash Champion
Replays containing Fox and Charizard (most likely other characters) are buggish. It pretty much messed up our whole recording session :/.

By buggish, I mean it acts like you are playing vBrawl replays with Brawl+ codes. If you encounter this, just remove the texture pack in order to see your replay in its entirety.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Just plz make sure it works online!!! I loved the textures but they didn't work online so now im using another pack. I will gladly come back to this pack once online is working!

V-K

Smash Ace
Guys I need help.
Textures work but the portraits don´t. After a battle the portraits are shown but not in the selection screen.

Does anyone know what to do?

Steel_Samurai

Smash Journeyman
^ I think you need an updated file replacement code, you need to use 2.1

Oh, and maybe its just my wii, but i can transform into sheik but if i change from sheik to zelda the game freezes

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
^ I think you need an updated file replacement code, you need to use 2.1

Oh, and maybe its just my wii, but i can transform into sheik but if i change from sheik to zelda the game freezes
Sounds like a missing .PAC file. Does this happen with all colors for sheik/zelda? Or is it maybe only for one color?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
SHouldn't.
All Zelda, Sheik, Wario, Bowser, Samus, and Zamus costumes require pacs and pcs to avoid freezes.

PACs are only a must for all characters if you are playing single player.

TK Wolf

Smash Ace
SHouldn't.
All Zelda, Sheik, Wario, Bowser, Samus, and Zamus costumes require pacs and pcs to avoid freezes.

PACs are only a must for all characters if you are playing single player.
Oops, I meant all colors for sheik/zelda, not all costumes across all characters. Sorry for the confusion there.

mofo_

Smash Ace
its says that you dont have a blue wario.
how bout
ice wario

or this

and here are the snake textures i suggested
red

green

skullface

and you say that youre missing a green samus PAC, just drag that PCS file into l77ex and it'll make a corresponding PAC file for you

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Yeah, for the next release, I already got those two blue Warios, and I added Demoman Snake, Watermelon/Melon ICs, Fire Yoshi, Metroid PT, and Shinigami/Arrancar Zelda/Sheik. I've also done the whole l77ex thing for PACs.

However, the problem that's holding it up right now is that the majority of the DeDeDe textures are freezing, likely because of their matching .brres files (the implementation of the small images). Does anyone know why these would cause the game to freeze? Is there a limit to how many of those can be made?

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Yeah, for the next release, I already got those two blue Warios, and I added Demoman Snake, Watermelon/Melon ICs, Fire Yoshi, Metroid PT, and Shinigami/Arrancar Zelda/Sheik. I've also done the whole l77ex thing for PACs.
So I guess this means none of my other suggestions made it in?:(

Oh well, I guess it's just a matter of personal taste, after all it's your texture pack. That...and I pretty much dissed your texture pack in the community texture pack thread <_<. I probably shouldn't have been so harsh, especially when ultimately what's included is just a personal opinion anyway.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

However, the problem that's holding it up right now is that the majority of the DeDeDe textures are freezing, likely because of their matching .brres files (the implementation of the small images). Does anyone know why these would cause the game to freeze? Is there a limit to how many of those can be made?
I don't think there's a limit. It might be because one of the textures or brres are corrupt. Try extracting them. If they don't extract correctly, you now know the root of the problem.

Use ASH and Cupash to do this.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
well if youre suggestion didnt make it in, you can just manually change it yourself :) like i do
It's not for me personally (of course I already replace the textures that I don't like), it's just that...Pit's basically going to be a laughing stock <_<

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
haha i know right? the only pit texture in this pack i like is dry pit.
I was referring to the cupid and sakura pits <_<. I don't really like dry pit, but that's just personal taste. But Sakura and Cupid are just plain degrading:( I don't approve of using textures that are meant to humiliate the character they're put on...since some people actually LIKE the character, and those who don't wouldn't use the character anyway (and thus not use the texture). Having textures "for the lulz" in the set that you're actually recommending to other people is just in bad taste imo.

mofo_

Smash Ace
I was referring to the cupid and sakura pits <_<. I don't really like dry pit, but that's just personal taste. But Sakura and Cupid are just plain degrading:( I don't approve of using textures that are meant to humiliate the character they're put on...since some people actually LIKE the character, and those who don't wouldn't use the character anyway (and thus not use the texture). Having textures "for the lulz" in the set that you're actually recommending to other people is just in bad taste imo.
yeah lol i knew u were talkin bout sakura n cupid. i mean sakura is a girl.......and pit is not :o and pit one of my mains :ohwell:

Karl

Smash Rookie
I assume we can also remove some of them if we want to, because for some reason I don't like original characters being textured.
I'm weird like that. But since you have textures for nearly everyone, this is gonna be awesome.
When the second release comes out with fixed bugs, I wonder if it will run well with Brawl+...

xEvann

Smash Rookie
Youko, I suggest you give credit to the sites who brought you these textures since after all, I doubt you made them all.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I assume we can also remove some of them if we want to, because for some reason I don't like original characters being textured.
I'm weird like that. But since you have textures for nearly everyone, this is gonna be awesome.
See, the way I see it, the reason you download a complete texture pack is because you're sick and tired of the games the game gave you. But that's just me. You're free to do whatever you want with the pack if/once you download it.

Youko, I suggest you give credit to the sites who brought you these textures since after all, I doubt you made them all.
...How about I just credit all of the sites that exist for Brawl textures?

Because you're right, my FIRST priority should be to go through EACH AND EVERY texture that I'm using, try searching the web for where I found it, and then maybe you'll be happy.

Truthfully, yes, I couldn't have done this without the texture creators' help, but I think you don't really know what you're asking of me.

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
You have both the Funky Kong texture and the King Kong texture covering two colors. (Red & Green=Funky Original & White=King Kong)

I don't know if you meant for that, but it kind of messes things up when you have two of the same texture.. Especially in teams XD

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
Would you be able to upload the .tga files for the CSPs? I don't want to lose the ones I currently use by directly using the provided .brres.

Or is there a way to convert back to .tga?

Top Bottom