• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wtf Is Up With Taunt Parties!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kupo Rose

It's what my cutie mark is telling me ♫
why do ppl act like idiots online when they can do that offline without taking up expert brawlers time! you dont just sit there and taunt the entire match..and you dont gang up on anyone wen it is a regular brawl..thats what team brawl is for ! jeez im peeved lol
I guess you wouldn't like me then, I tend to start taunt parties ^_^ usually cos I'm waiting for a friend to come online.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I'm not sure what you're trying to say there, but its got my name in it.
That people in Taunt parties are sometimes better than that person who isn't in the taunt party lol.
I used your name because your a good player and I can totally see you taunt partying it up lol

Volt7x

Smash Journeyman
I hate it when a I'm with taunters that suck and we end up losing a 3 on 1 because they get owned by the person they're trying to kill. >_>
Today I ended up in a match with two taunters and one f-tilt spamming Mario. It looked easy because that's all he did and he didn't even know how to recover. The other two kept dying of Spear Pillar's effects. They got mad and started chasing him. I could've fought but I watched and found it amusing that they were hurting each other more than the Mario was trying to kill him. Then ALL THREE of them left after that. It was pathetic.
Also, this one Olimar was taunt spamming so I decided to join him. Next battle, he kills me on purpose with Fox so I four stock him, taunt like crazy, and leave.

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
How is this thread still alive???
If you want, you can read through every post since the OP to see the chain of conversation that has kept it alive. Personally, I think I'll just accept that it's still alive and not bother with 'why'.

It's up to you though.

In other news, I'm proud to say that I have been taunt party-free for over a month now. I'm starting to feel better already.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
Wait...the reason why people have the taunt-parties fooling around all the time in the first place is because...well, it's kinda complicated and depends...

1. They are the type of people who have fun ticking off other players (like in common MMO's)
2. They mock the thought of someone trying to show that they're one of the most skilled players in the world even though public online matches keep you uknown and unrecognizable, and believe that there's more to life then winning; you gotta have fun too since it's a game, right?
3. Going to Final Destination ALL THE FRIGGIN' TIME drove them insane.

I'm sorta between reasons 2 and 3...mostly 3. XD

ninjapikapit

Smash Rookie
taunt parties are fun
if one starts ill join it because it seems more fun then just beating the mostly noobish people who play online anyway

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504
I know right? If everyone played like men we'd just all be getting falcon punched into fully charged eruptions laced with bob-ombs and blast boxes, laughing our heads off the whole time. It'd be amazing! But no, people have to be 'serious' or 'casual' :lick:

Marthos

Smash Journeyman
Taunt parties are one of the main reasons I started going to the New Member's Fighting Arena instead.

ropep0202

Smash Cadet
I love trolling with anyone matches.

Especially when everyone teams up against the one not in on it and raep ensues.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Everytime I enter a taunt party there's one AFK person (usually a Snake for some reason). The three of us taunt for about a minute, then we all work on KO'ing the AFK Snake.

Project D

Smash Journeyman
I was in a basic brawl earlier today, Zelda (me) vs. Zelda vs. Luigi (taunter)
amazing the taunter won
now this is because most likely the Luigi chose Hyrule Temple, us Zelda ignored the Luigi and went for each other, 1 kill each, sudden death, we both ended up din fire each other. technically Luigi won by taunting ¬_¬

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
why do ppl act like idiots online when they can do that offline without taking up expert brawlers time! you dont just sit there and taunt the entire match..and you dont gang up on anyone wen it is a regular brawl..thats what team brawl is for ! jeez im peeved lol
Okay lesson learned already right? DON'T PLAY ON "ANYONE" WIFI.
They're trying to have fun by just ruining the experience of fighting, so just get friend codes from random people here on the boards.

TheZizz

Smash Journeyman
I've not encountered a single taunt party that takes a 1-vs-3 loss with good humor.

xXLifTXx

Smash Rookie
I taunt to make people mad so I can beat them (is this a mindgame?)
It's also really funny to pull off the gonzo combo and finish it with "*dance* PEW!"

DDM

Smash Journeyman
Okay lesson learned already right? DON'T PLAY ON "ANYONE" WIFI.
They're trying to have fun by just ruining the experience of fighting, so just get friend codes from random people here on the boards.
We shouldn't have to. Sad that all the hard work and resources that went into Brawl (and their parents' $50 bucks) are being wasted on taunt parties. They can eat **** for all I care.

randomness_FTW!

Smash Cadet
Lol, I rarely ever encounter taunt parties and when i do, i let them taunt for the first match, and then beat the **** out of them with pikachu or snake. It's amazing how slowly taunt parties react when they suddenly get attacked, thinking that the other player(s) is taunting with them.

In general, taunt parties are fun, especially if it's captain falcon, but seriously, if you hate taunt parties, just drop out and pray that you don't fight them again. :p Or you can just get random FC's from the smash community around here.

Meccs

@Meccs_
Yeah sometimes I get bored fighting and just wanna mess around/run into other MOTHER fans, so i go to FFA. Claus @ New Pork City FTW :D
my philosophy for FFA: "You don't attack me, I won't attack you." Otherwise...
TB can sometimes be good, but most of the times the idiots have items on so I end up quiting. I probably run into more items on TB than FFA, which is disapointing...

tgrove69

Smash Cadet
I ran into a taunt party once with jiggs. I got the dragoon parts and blasted the **** out of falco. Then they got mad and tried to attack me. So I just jumped around and dodged everything. lol

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
First of all, they taunt to see the reaction of other players. So it often must be done online.

And second of all, experts do NOT take online FFA seriously. Only casual scrubs do. If you don't know why, then you seriously are a noob.

Avenu

Smash Cadet
Pwn dem nubs.

Taunt party crashers ftw :]

It's usually 12 year olds doing those parties, so they suck at playing. Like many people have said, no pro people play on random ffa's so if you're not that good, you dont have to worry about dying to taunting 12 year olds :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom