• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you pay to make Wifi Better?

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Yes if they added multiple rooms you could join with specific rules for each (stock, no items . . .) and reduced the lag.

If all they did was reduce lag, then no. I'd still be fighting idiots on Time with Items.

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
If they made it with no friend codes, voice chat and lagless gameplay.

Then yes, I'd pay.

Nintendo Network is a great name.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'll say if Wifi is a one time playment like you said Cherry64. Other than that, I won't constantly pay them to make it better.

Energy Whip

Smash Cadet
Heck yeah, It would be so less laggy and much faster to Brawl, I would agree but Wi-Fi is free because of parents moaning about money.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
It'd need

-Lagless input of course
-Voice chat
-Leaderboards
-More than 60 friend slots

I'd pay if Nintendo Wifi was more like XBL.

§leepy God

Smash Master
It'd need

-Lagless input of course
-Voice chat
-Leaderboards
-More than 60 friend slots

I'd pay if Nintendo Wifi was more like XBL.
Good options, if the next Smash Bros is on Wii, or if the next Nintendo system has more techs support in it. I still hear the Wii Pay and Play talk, I guess the next Smash Bros could use this for DLC in the game.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
I would be willing to pay like 10$ a month for brawl, melee, and 64 online with MUCH less lag. Free is good too =D

§leepy God

Smash Master
NO! why pay to play the game online
If you look at Xbox Live, you see how epic their online experience? I'm beating they get all that because it cost. But that's not the point, usually online games that cost you to pay have extra fetures like downloadable contant, lagless online play etc. Some Wii games have Wii Pay and Play, only way you can tell if you if the Nintendo Wifi logo is red instead of blue.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Hahahaha The Sleepy one must be a girl, I've never seen a guy shut up that fast before :p
she makes the same points I tried to make but obviously phailed at in the description.
Much appreciated the sleepy one

Slasherx

Smash Ace
Hahahaha The Sleepy one must be a girl, I've never seen a guy shut up that fast before :p
she makes the same points I tried to make but obviously phailed at in the description.
Much appreciated the sleepy one
It could be a really soft-guy.
Anyway yes I'll pay for better wifi, if I robbed a bank.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Yeah I would pay as long as it improves the quality of all games.

arm

Smash Apprentice
If we got Xbox live quality online, then yeah. Considering how many Wiis are being sold, they could just charge a small yearly fee and theyd still get loads of money. Wii Sports could stem into an Olympic style game, giving good reason to give it Wifi, then all the moms would pay for wifi and Nintendo would be set for life!

Or they could use the money theyre getting for their Wiis to just improve the current online gaming experience.

Slithe

Smash Apprentice
**** right I'd pay. I'd want

1. Leaderboards
2. Voice Chat
3. Friend Requests (in With Anyone mode as well I mean)
4. Use of names during matches (and to lengthen your name to more than just 5 letters/numbers/symbols/etc.)
5. The option to play ranked matches or standard matches
6. The ability to choose between stock or time (or at least to lengthen the time of the matches) unless you have those *******s who like to waste time when you're dead and watching them do a stock match when all they're doing is just taunting all day

Yeah, stuff like that. :)

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
Depends how much, and how good it would be

But to be hoenst, i don't suffer much lag at the moment, and voice chat isn't entirely needed

And i don't see why we need to pay for leaderboards if mario kart has them

§leepy God

Smash Master
It could be a really soft-guy.
I'm not really soft, I'm just a guy that is a fan of Miku and Kagami. :D

Depends how much, and how good it would be

But to be hoenst, i don't suffer much lag at the moment, and voice chat isn't entirely needed

And i don't see why we need to pay for leaderboards if mario kart has them
If you Brawl somone very far, you will see lags on your match's, and it depends on the person's router as well to show the speed of the match. Voice chat is basicly a cell phone while your doing a match, some people want to talk how they want to Brawl instead of guessing or typing what the other person might do. And leaderboards you shouldn't have to pay, because almost all the Nintendo Wifi games have them except for Brawl.

Zaffy

Smash Apprentice
The Sleepy One;6875457[B said:
If you Brawl somone very far, you will see lags on your match's, and it depends on the person's router as well to show the speed of the match. Voice chat is basicly a cell phone while your doing a match, some people want to talk how they want to Brawl instead of guessing or typing what the other person might do. And leaderboards you shouldn't have to pay, because almost all the Nintendo Wifi games have them except for Brawl. [/B]
I regularly play people across the atlantic and i repeat, get very little lag.

However now that i think about it, voice chat would be pretty good, as yes, i have once tried playing team matches with 3vs1 multiple times in a row.

And i never said that you should have to play for leaderboards, i asked why should we if mario kart has them for free.

§leepy God

Smash Master
And i never said that you should have to play for leaderboards, i asked why should we if mario kart has them for free.
Oh, that's what you mean. I was saying that just about every Nintendo Wifi game has a leader board when you go to the Nintendo Wifi site except for Brawl. I persnaly wouldn't want to pay for something that compares who lost they hours of their life or to hack cheat to score high on the leader boards.

Top Bottom