• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you pay to make Wifi Better?

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
That would be epic. Leaderboards showing the 50 best smashers online. then amybe Samus will get some respect from the brawl community :(
Lagless wi-fi also would make the matches more skill related. wonder if M2K would still be the top.

How would the leader boards go though? how many wins versus how many losses? or is it point wise? like for winning you get 2 points and losing you lose 1 point.
Or would it be number of kills or how many times you've been killed?

Avion

Smash Apprentice
Yes, I definitely would. Acutual messaging, voice chat, lobbies, match creation, trophies/achievements, less lag, usernames (one per console, works for all games), and of course NO FRIEND CODES. I would pay $50 for that. Sadly, Nintendo thinks everyone that plays Wii is either a child, a senior, or a pedophile:ohwell:

DemonFart

Smash Lord
Yes, I definitely would. Acutual messaging, voice chat, lobbies, match creation, trophies/achievements, less lag, usernames (one per console, works for all games), and of course NO FRIEND CODES. I would pay $50 for that. Sadly, Nintendo thinks everyone that plays Wii is either a child, a senior, or a pedophile:ohwell:
I agree,I would so pay for lagless wifi and a ranking system.

:094:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
That would be epic. Leaderboards showing the 50 best smashers online. then amybe Samus will get some respect from the brawl community :(
Lagless wi-fi also would make the matches more skill related. wonder if M2K would still be the top.

How would the leader boards go though? how many wins versus how many losses? or is it point wise? like for winning you get 2 points and losing you lose 1 point.
Or would it be number of kills or how many times you've been killed?
I think it would be KO's vs Falls at least in Basic Brawl. In Teams it could be wins vs losses because sometimes your KO's have no bearing on why the team was victorious... god I hate Bowser when he does that suicide craziness!

Zip.

Smash Lord
Lagless wi-fi..sure id pay.. since i dont get as much offline practice as i want to for tournies, lagless wi-fi would be a treat..

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
If there was absolutely no lag whatsoever, of course I would pay. Who wouldn't? :p
same here. but if it were a ridiculous amount like how Blizzard makes you pay like 15$ for a month of WOW then no. it has to be less than 10$ if it ever happens

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
same here. but if it were a ridiculous amount like how Blizzard makes you pay like 15$ for a month of WOW then no. it has to be less than 10$ if it ever happens
Hence the 1 time payment. Blizzard off of one person makes more then 50 bucks in 4 months.

Albino Ace

Smash Rookie
A one time payment, most certainly. Depends on how much to an extent, but realistically speaking I probably would. Especially to get rid of lag. (I swear that's what brought me down playing Brawl online a few hours earlier at my cousin's.) :p

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Hell yes, brother! I would definetly pay to see this, though it would probably not be 1-time payment. There are too many interesting avenues to extend this into, but I'll suffice to say it would definetly improve their sales, no matter what nintendo says. Maybe they wouldn't want to because it's supposed to be more family-oriented or whatever, and there could be some donkey butts online who would like to shout meaningless explatives into little kid's ears... oohh, that would be a problem...

Whatever :D

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Hence the 1 time payment. Blizzard off of one person makes more then 50 bucks in 4 months.

Oh gawd, if Blizzard helps with the online on Smash, then Smash Bros would be the best online game ever. I know they want a **** load of cash to do so, but it might be worth it if Smash is a bigger hit because of great online play.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Oh gawd, if Blizzard helps with the online on Smash, then Smash Bros would be the best online game ever. I know they want a **** load of cash to do so, but it might be worth it if Smash is a bigger hit because of great online play.
Haha not what I was saying but I like your input.
And 10Agrees. if blizzard helped on this then it'd be the greatest thing Ever :)

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
If I can play lagless HRC on Wifi with someone living in the Soloman Islands, then sure.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Exactly. The lag is the only reason I don't play Smash Online. If they could fix it through somehow... ah, but such things would never happen.
Almost the same reason why I don't play a lot of online Brawl. I play on tourney's online or with friends that live too far to the point I don't feel like going over their house. But that's just it, I really do suck online and never won an online tourney with any of my characters because I can't do multi moves online at the same time.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I think we could all agree that we would, only because of it being a "one-time" payment.

But then you also have to consider those whose connection is flawed regardless. Very few people are able to play Brawl wifi without lag (or atleast very little); we most likely never even encountered these people. So even if we pay that cost, we still have our own personal connection to work on.

D

Deleted member

We shouldn't have to pay for half decent Wi-Fi but I would.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Due to the fact that I lost over 9000 points n MKWii, then something else seems to be the problem. lol
My I ask, how did this happen? Were there hackers that made this happen, or did you got less than third place on a point race, or was it battle?

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
My I ask, how did this happen? Were there hackers that made this happen, or did you got less than third place on a point race, or was it battle?
It was an exaggeration, silly. I'm saying that each time you are disconnected, you lose rating points. I was just trying to say that I've been DC'd ALOT on MKWii wifi. :laugh:

Ricky

Smash Journeyman
i would. i think nintendo should make people pay with wii points
Lol, pretty funny idea. I agree just to give it more use. Anyway yeah I suppose I wouldn't mind myself. Truly I see nothing wrong with it, and am not sure how it would get ''better'' if we paid it's all in our connection. Well... New features would be nice...

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Wow, thanks guys, this a good discussion we gots going on here.

@ Ricky: Ever played Mario Kart on Wi-Fi?
You have the same connection as on here, it's just better for Mario karrt, Only nintendo/God knows why.
if we Payed for it though I'm sure they'd boot up servers, Similar to Online MMORPG's (WoW).

AndreVeloso

Smash Apprentice
If everyone who wanted Wifi to be better chip in £1 (or $1 for USAers but there isn't much difference due to the economy) than we would definitely have enough money to give Nintendo Wifi an upgrade. I think Mario Kart Wii and Mario Charged Strikers had better Wifi modes.

Top Bottom