• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you pay to make Wifi Better?

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Yea I'd pay for it. But its never gonna happen. The most they could do is get faster servers. Because of the Wii's lack of processing power (among numerous other things) its not possible to update a game. Thats where Nintendo went wrong, way wrong. Theres never going to be any updates to brawl. If there are, then I'll sell my ps3 and games and buy 3 more wiis.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Speaking of paying for better Wifi, Wifi troubles are happening again if you want to play with friends. How many of you have or had this same problem today?
I haven't tried it out Yet but I will be soon. For me it had it's broken time like 2 days ago. it was ********.

SKy Angel

Smash Apprentice
I would pay a lot to make everything better if I had to. Add friends online whenever you go. Meet new get rid of the old. XD Yeah I could enjoy myself making it better. Lag free maybe? The list goes on. >_>;

Nysyarc

Last King of Hollywood
NNID
Nysyarc
3DS FC
1075-0983-2504

hcfwesker

Smash Cadet
I defenitely would pay. Especially if they had LIVE voice chat, like xbox. The wii speak is a joke, and only is compatible with certain games, i think.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Lol basically yeah. it's utterly stupid.
That seems to be the general gist however, Most would only pay if they got extra features lol

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
Only a one-time payment of 40-50 to make Wi-Fi relatively lag less? YES! I have thousands of dollars in my wallet and only need to pay a tiny amount just to make Wi-Fi awesome? What a spectacular deal! I play on Wi-Fi alot so this will benefit me very well. But I only wished this were true...

urfat

Smash Cadet
Im to cheap for this lol.
lol im pretty cheap too... but i guess everytime wifi lagged so hard that i had to quit/ everytime i got kicked offline i'd put a dollar in the perfect wifi jar, and in a week i'd buy the new wifi lol

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Lol, Well I as it stands there are a lot more people that would want this than the others,
And I'm sure if it happened that a lot of people would be pleased, Especially since lag will be different on either side right. Say your brawling a friend and your lagging a bit, he may not be, like you'll have an orange connection and he'll have a yellow. if this came out he'd be green and you'd be orange.

that'd make a lot of people change their minds

KurashiDragon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KurashiDragon
3DS FC
3952-7603-8923
Switch FC
7836 7746 6189
Absolutely positively mondolitly (yea I'm making stuff up) I'd love a lagless wifi!!! It'd be the pinacal of my day. ^_^

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Lol, In OP I said 50 bucks a month, I assume you did your math and decided to figure out just what it'd be without Tax.
Here where I live we get free health care and Tax is only 5%
so if I was to buy it and it needed to Equal 50 total,
It would be like 47.99 and then rounding to 50.

RoflWafflez

Smash Apprentice
$50 a MONTH? No wai, too much. Maybe $50 a year, like XBOX does for the Gold membership. I would even go to say $10 a month, but $50 is way too much for such a petty thing.

BOB SAGET!

Smash Lord
If i nly had to pay once and the games r lagless then sure, why not. Now people wont say i suck just because i play wifi.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Most definitely. That would help a lot of people.

EDIT: The one-time payment, that is.

ZettaKuma

Smash Cadet

Already out for certain games...
But never for Brawl...

Anyway no, because I don't have money to blow off on a game, and the great thing about Wi-Fi is that (for the time being...) it's free. (I'm looking at you Xbox Live.)

Smash Rookie
I wouldn't play because PSN is free and it isn't a peice of ****. Why can't WFC just be like that? >_>

Cook Kirby

Smash Apprentice
We shouldn't have to pay to increase the level of acceptability of a service that should already be decent. We bought Brawl already, a decent Wifi mode should be a basic custom with it.

JigglyPunch

Smash Apprentice
Abso-****ing-lutley, I would. Lagless wifi in brawl is a fantasy that happens almost as often as having a conversation with Samus for me.

Top Bottom