• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you hit a female?

Status
Not open for further replies.

highfive

Smash Lord
NAY my good sir! Hit that woman if she balls her fist! Drop kick that baby if he pukes on you! Punt that puppy!

Noobicidal

Smash Master
So... if someone charged you holding a knife, you'd let them stab you to death? :/
You missed the italics.

I'd slaughter a ***** if my life were on the line, but I'll never hit her. Favored methods include strangulation and evisceration.

.Marik

is a social misfit
I was raised better than that.

This is a really good question, it all depends.

I would never hit a woman first, and even if she slapped me, whatever, I'd just grab and hold them until they calm down, or I'd crush them emotionally.

It's a common notion men are physically stronger, as Jam Stunna said, and we shouldn't assault someone weaker than us. It's not the right thing to do, but the female also doesn't have a right to hit men either.

But really, literally destroying a ***** because she slapped you or something? Not really worth it, and it's a bad reputation in today's western American society.

If it's self-defense in a really serious life-or-death situation, which it shouldn't really escalate to, then feel free. Nobody is going to take my life and get away with it because of different genetalia.

My mom raised me, and therefore I'd never hit a woman. I'm much more of a man than those wife-beaters who can't look a real man in the face, but have the cowardice to beat and **** a woman behind closed doors.

Be a man, take it like a man. A simple slap really doesn't hurt, guys. Just laugh at them, it'll hurt more, trust me.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Yes, I would hit a woman. I did it before, and I would do it again.

However, I'm in a similar position as Teran regarding the use of physical violence. It's the absolutely last resort for me to go to. And since I'm extremely reactional, I would only use violence if they started it.

I also think that the "males are stronger than females" argument is bull****, at least if it is said like that so generally. Yea, if they are of similar build, the man probably has a bit more strength than the woman. However, you can't tell me that the butchy girl is weaker than the skinny boy.

Furthermore, domestic violence is almost equally split between men and women, and actually, women tend more to domestic violence than men, which has been proven through a lot of studies since the 80s. Those usually are hid below the carpet because they don't fit the image of the strong and evil man abusing his poor and helpless wife.
The same goes not only for violence, but also sexual abuse (even to the extent of ****, though **** is a more "male" crime). In the western society, men aren't abused (through violence or sexually, both), and if a man is being abused by a woman, then he's "just being a wimp" or something.
That whole blown-up "Men should have absolutely no rights against women"-bubble is getting annoying. In Switzerland I think they even discussed a "male tax", that every male citizen would have to pay because they're all potential criminals.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend

However, I'm in a similar position as Teran regarding the use of physical violence. It's the absolutely last resort for me to go to. And since I'm extremely reactional, I would only use violence if they started it.

I also think that the "males are stronger than females" argument is bull****, at least if it is said like that so generally. Yea, if they are of similar build, the man probably has a bit more strength than the woman. However, you can't tell me that the butchy girl is weaker than the skinny boy.

Furthermore, domestic violence is almost equally split between men and women, and actually, women tend more to domestic violence than men, which has been proven through a lot of studies since the 80s. Those usually are hid below the carpet because they don't fit the image of the strong and evil man abusing his poor and helpless wife.
The same goes not only for violence, but also sexual abuse (even to the extent of ****, though **** is a more "male" crime). In the western society, men aren't abused (through violence or sexually, both), and if a man is being abused by a woman, then he's "just being a wimp" or something.
That whole blown-up "Men should have absolutely no rights against women"-bubble is getting annoying. In Switzerland I think they even discussed a "male tax", that every male citizen would have to pay because they're all potential criminals.
We must Kung Fu FIGHT!!!!

Jonas

Smash Champion
I believe men and women are equal, so of course I would hit a female as much as I would hit a male. Of course, I wouldn't hit ANYONE unless it's an act of self defence ;)
In Switzerland I think they even discussed a "male tax", that every male citizen would have to pay because they're all potential criminals.
omg really? o_O
That's sexism.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Onishiba lives in a different country than most of us do. Not all countries bear the same values and beliefs. So I don't find his input offensive at all.

Plus he is smart and I don't want to get intellectually flamed.

Dokutayuu

Smash Apprentice
I generally prefer not to hit people. If someone tried to attack me seriously or someone else was in immediate harm, fair enough but I really don't like doing so.

It would probably feel wrong hitting a girl, it feels too impolite for some reason but I'd do it if I really had to.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

<3 this post.

Also **** Switzerland sexist law.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Why stop at just not hitting a woman?

Personally, I would never hit anyone. Ever. Defending my body from pain is my number one priority in a confrontation. If words don't work, and I was physically assaulted, I'd probably just dodge or block, and possibly put them in a submission if I had the opportunity; whatever it takes to reduce the tension.

Only time I'd ever probably throw a punch would be in a life-or-death situation, but even in those cases, running probably sounds better...given the circumstances.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I'd definitely hit a woman if she hit me first. Unless she was like a bodybuilder or something, in which case I'd run for it. I'd hit anyone that hit me first. But I'd never hit her in the stomach just in case I damaged her uterus and made her infertile or something.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Women have a natural shield around them. This prevents me from hitting them. However, once they tell me to hit them, or hit me, it's over, that shield is gone.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Well, for those who are saying they will hit a girl, be sure to hit the surrounding people who are going to gang bang you.

DUB

Smash Lord
I was at a party one time and a girl who was half past wasted was pulling on my arm trying to get me to help her down the stairs. I was on Distant Planet after all the Green Greens I had inhaled so I pushed her down. She didn't get hurt or anything, she was just drunk and annoying so I floored her ( lol j/k but not really >.>).

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Women have a natural shield around them. This prevents me from hitting them. However, once they tell me to hit them, or hit me, it's over, that shield is gone.
Dude what?, I hope you're joking but either way I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're also being a dumb troll. OK I believe in self defense where if ANYONE forces severe physical violence on you then you have the right to defend yourself. I Also understand some of you here have different standards and live in other countries where it might be viewed differently....but to the rest of you I was going to type it again but I didn't want my rage to get the way of my better judgment lol

From another thread

"What the hell? Reading some of those responses seriously makes me want to punch some common sense into them. It makes me wonder if they're even comprehending what they type sometimes. I also experienced this once where my ex slapped me over a heated argument. Of course, I didn't cause any physical harm to her in anyway but that didn't stop me from grabbing a frog from my back yard and placing it in her top sock/undie drawer. lol

All I'm saying is that there are other ways to deal with this situation and hitting a female back is DEFINITELY NOT one of them. It never ends well."

Nihongo, I met you a few times before and you have been known to say really ******** stuff. I really hope you're just joking this time.

that's all I wanted to say in response to this thread. Feel free to disagree or whatever.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
First off, you are in the right.

Second off, who ever said that women are weaker are freakin idiots!
We have more strength, the are more flexible and springy.

My mom is about 5.1, and I love her dearly, but ****, she has a temper. (It's the German Irish mix me thinks.)
Anyways, I once tried to hold her down cuz she got mad at this one women and was gonna beat her up.
She kicked me in the huts, put one leg over my neck and the other one under my arm. Some how from there I ended up on my face and she was walking away from me.

There also another women named Debb Davis that was teaching a class and asked be to attack her. I done it playingly first then got back handed (lightly). SO I actually tried to attack her... somehow I ended up once again on my face gasping for air.... (She was a Marine for 15 years.)

Women aren't weak at all, they just fight differently. The only difference is that most women don't know how to fight so us guys underestimate them.
Now if you excuse me I have reminded myself how many times my Marine daddy has put me into locks/painful positions. Ima go lay down......
and study

.Marik

is a social misfit
^ It's scientifically proven men have more upper-body strength and can usually dominate females when it comes to physical aggression.

It's been that way for thousands of years, and specific gender-related roles within society have only further established and allowed said notion.

But hey guys, someone says hi!

Kantō

Smash Champion
if a woman wants to hit like a man, she can take a hit like a man. what if she was trying to kill you?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
So as men, we should all put our hands on our crotches and let them attack us until they are tired? There are vulnerable parts in the body that if you are not actively attacking your opponent will be far easier for someone to harm you with. What if, if your quest to be the 'nice guy' the woman grabs a bat, pepper-spray, or some object on the ground once she finds that she can inadequately hurt you?

The longer a fight goes on the further it escalates.
I only read this far in the thread. 5 posts. That's not a good sign.

Limed: LOL What? You can stop someone from hurting you without hurting them in any way, including physically. Simply diffuse the situation. Push away any slaps/punches they throw, and then walk away, stating that you aren't going to physically fight, and you will talk with her later in person, or worse, on the phone if she can't see you without wanting to hurt you. You should know this. Poor response to what J-Stizzle said.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I could never hot another human being, unless they hit me first, but I would most likely just ask them why they hit me >_>. If I were to hit a girl it would be if she was trying to kill me. But then again I wouldn't be hitting a girl just another person in my life. Besides I would just tazer a person instead of hitting them.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Dude what?, I hope you're joking but either way I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're also being a dumb troll. OK I believe in self defense where if ANYONE forces severe physical violence on you then you have the right to defend yourself. I Also understand some of you here have different standards and live in other countries where it might be viewed differently....but to the rest of you I was going to type it again but I didn't want my rage to get the way of my better judgment lol

From another thread

"What the hell? Reading some of those responses seriously makes me want to punch some common sense into them. It makes me wonder if they're even comprehending what they type sometimes. I also experienced this once where my ex slapped me over a heated argument. Of course, I didn't cause any physical harm to her in anyway but that didn't stop me from grabbing a frog from my back yard and placing it in her top sock/undie drawer. lol

All I'm saying is that there are other ways to deal with this situation and hitting a female back is DEFINITELY NOT one of them. It never ends well."

Nihongo, I met you a few times before and you have been known to say really ******** stuff. I really hope you're just joking this time.

that's all I wanted to say in response to this thread. Feel free to disagree or whatever.
...I was being serious XD.

Women aren't to be hit, unless they either tell you to hit them in a cocky manner, or if they hit you. Then you have all the right to hit them. Same goes for dudes, too.

Bottom line:Don't hit anyone unless they hit you first, or if they ask for it.
Fighting/Hitting someone when it's not self defense is stupid. Why would you?

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Bottom line:Don't hit anyone unless they hit you first, or if they ask for it.
Fighting/Hitting someone when it's not self defense is stupid. Why would you?
Anger, revenge and giving someone what they deserve.

I haven't punched someone out of anger since about 1st grade.
My build is larger than most people and I don't like causing pain. I do get mouthy though. -_-

Revenge is gay.
Forgive your enemies we must.

As for giving someone what they deserve, I would beat someone up.
Lets say I have a friend that has a baby with a women and then leaves her. I would probably beat him up.
Or if a guy would hit my GF. He would deserve the same treatment.
Or if someone ***** a women, I would beat them up. Or even worse, if they ***** a child. Then I would seriously beat them up.

The only problem with giving someone what they deserve is that it is to close to revenge and you need to decide if you are being a douche yourself.
IDK, I haven't had a reason to beat someone up for many many many years (since I was 11).
I hope that I don't break my streak.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Well, I'll just quote Jam's post:

Yes, I think you're wrong. As a man, you're just so much stronger than a woman that there's no justification for hitting one unless they were literally trying to kill you (the fact that you're a trained martial artist only compounds that).

What that woman was saying to you about respecting women and being a future wife beater is all BS. But still, men shouldn't hit women unless it's a literal life-or-death situation. It's really not a fair fight at all, and you at least should show the restraint not to go all-out against someone that has almost no chance of defeating you.
He says it best. I'd like to add that you could simply protect yourself from getting hit... Unless you're ********.

The farthest I went to was... Huh, slapping a girl's hand that was coming to me. That ***** wanted to punch me / slap me, or whatever was the case... And I simply slapped her hand to get her away from me. Really, she yelled that she was hurt, but that was an okay move in my opinion. After all, it was more like a block than an offensive initiative. Otherwise, there was also that other time when that tall ***** tried kicking me, so I simply flipped her over and left.

Really, it's that easy.

It's against my principles to beat somebody who's weaker, really.

GunmasterLombardi

Smash Champion
There's this one girl on the bus the other day that had fit w/ mah hat. I'm hoping I don't see her again...My friend says she hates EVERYONE. Idk if that's true, but I wouldn't even hit HER.

If I'm being attacked by someone, I'll probably end up carrying them to the hospital within an hour.

We men obviously have our "genetics" that give us better strength, but that doesn't mean we should underestimate women. They shouldn't be tampered w/. And this is hard to follow since they are sexually harrassed every day.:lucario:

professor mgw

Smash Champion
NNID
Prof3ssorMGW
It depends on how ugly she looks, I don't hit pretty girls. lol but seriously if she's bigger than me and acts like she can bully anyone yeah i will.

Reapereater

Smash Cadet
Theres a special way to deal with anger I made up/found out called tongue biting. I use it to resist laughter or anger. Either way I wouldn't hit a girl for no apparent reason. Maybe if I know the female is strong and willing to take a hit yeah I'll do it. If it's a sister in a punching contest I'll go all out. Woman should be treated as equals.. not underestimated. Just make sure you don't hit hard enough to leave some bad bad bruises or anything. imo anyone would get mad at that.

rhan

Smash Hero
That whole "genetics that give guys better strength" is BS. It doesn't matter if you're a guy or a girl. The only way to get strength is to be physically fit.

If all you do is stay at home and play videogames and some random Hulk size chick comes up to you then you think you can take her? Just because you're a guy doesn't give you a upper hand.

In fact being a guy gives us a HUGE disadvantage against anyone. Them low blows are baby killers.

CO18

Smash Hero
Theres a special way to deal with anger I made up/found out called tongue biting. I use it to resist laughter or anger. Either way I wouldn't hit a girl for no apparent reason. Maybe if I know the female is strong and willing to take a hit yeah I'll do it. If it's a sister in a punching contest I'll go all out. Woman should be treated as equals.. not underestimated. Just make sure you don't hit hard enough to leave some bad bad bruises or anything. imo anyone would get mad at that.
Hurting yourself in order to not hurt the other person? plzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom