• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Would you hit a female?

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Ran

Smash Master
Recently, I was in a verbal scuffle with a woman. She claimed that she could physically beat me in a fight if she wanted to, and when I went over the logistics about how she wouldn't be able to do so she took it all too personal. [I had a good sixty pounds her, I'm trained in Martial Arts, and I'm relatively strong] She literally flipped out the moment I actually stated that I would physical harm a female if they attempted to hit me. It didn't become violent, but she accused me of being some rather horrible things due to my stance on the subject. She went on to claim that I had no respect for women, and that I was a future wife beater.

My personal view was greatly impacted by having strong women in my life growing up. My sister took martial arts side by side with me, and I knew that if I allowed her to kick at me at will then not only would I do a disservice to her if she ever was in a fight with a male, but to myself by allowing old age methods of chivalry to prevent me from protecting myself.

Women want to be treated with respect, but they also want the benefits of the old mannerisms of our world. However, once a woman, or anything attacks me in aggression I no longer see race, gender, or physical inequalities. If you're dumb enough to ball your fist against someone who is physically your better, then you have forfeited any social pandering.

Do you think I'm wrong?

Technodeath

Smash Champion
no i do not think you're wrong, i use this argument all the time, of how they want equality with men. im not saying i hit women, because i dont. but i think it's a valid argument, also i mean, there is also self defense.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
If a person is going to start a fight with you, it doesn't matter what gender they are the gloves are off.

If women want to be treated equal they take all of the pros and cons of being treated as such. It's mostly society that looks down on a man hitting a woman, yet it's perfectly fine for a woman to hit a man in those same eyes.

Your not wrong in anyway shape or form, it doesn't matter what gender the person starting a fight with you is, if they start something defend yourself.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Yes, I think you're wrong. As a man, you're just so much stronger than a woman that there's no justification for hitting one unless they were literally trying to kill you (the fact that you're a trained martial artist only compounds that).

What that woman was saying to you about respecting women and being a future wife beater is all BS. But still, men shouldn't hit women unless it's a literal life-or-death situation. It's really not a fair fight at all, and you at least should show the restraint not to go all-out against someone that has almost no chance of defeating you.

-Ran

Smash Master
So as men, we should all put our hands on our crotches and let them attack us until they are tired? There are vulnerable parts in the body that if you are not actively attacking your opponent will be far easier for someone to harm you with. What if, if your quest to be the 'nice guy' the woman grabs a bat, pepper-spray, or some object on the ground once she finds that she can inadequately hurt you?

The longer a fight goes on the further it escalates.

Mathis

Smash Rookie
I already have hit a woman. It felt good. Try it.

She provoked me...ripped a big chunk of my hair out for no reason when I wasn't looking (I'm serious, I didn't say a word to this girl). Then she said, "Ha, you can't hit a woman!"

...so I picked her up by her hair and smashed her face into the dirt and walked away.

†Slader7†

Smash Ace
"Chivalry is dead and Women killed it"
-Dave Chappelle
While Chivalry may be in life support, that is no excuse to not act like a gentleman. I don't think males should hit females but there is a line that is drawn, and if a woman crosses that line . . . . . .
idk, but I hope I never meet women that piss me off (which rarely happens)

Its just life I guess >.<

Grunt

Smash Master
I already have hit a woman. It felt good. Try it.

She provoked me...ripped a big chunk of my hair out for no reason when I wasn't looking (I'm serious, I didn't say a word to this girl). Then she said, "Ha, you can't hit a woman!"

...so I picked her up by her hair and smashed her face into the dirt and walked away.
either you completely radiate douchebag enough to make random girls pissed at you,

or you're playing in a sandbox during recess.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I think she was just a B trying to pick fights with you, ignore her from now on.

my stance on it is similar to Jam,s except I do not wait that long, nor do I try to hit, I would really love to restrain them, as Jam said we are much stronger than they are by nature (there are plenty of exceptions don't jump on my *** for this girls) so we should be able to restrain them without causing damage, I will only restrain a female if they have hit me three times intending to do harm. depending on how things go it could be worse, but I'd rather not wait around for the bat, most of the time I'd prolly just walk away.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Men may be correlated to be stronger due to how male muscles develop faster compared to females; but if she wants to start a fight, well too bad her loss for starting the fight.

No one has the right to run around and punch a person in the face, gender doesn't correlate to this. Staring a fight is not something one should start, unless extreme circumstances which there is no other choice, in most cases fights aren't worth starting.

Doesn't matter which gender starts it or who is stronger, you defend yourself if your being hit.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Yes, I think you're wrong. As a man, you're just so much stronger than a woman that there's no justification for hitting one unless they were literally trying to kill you (the fact that you're a trained martial artist only compounds that).
What about people like me that are generally weaker than most girls? Sure men are more often stronger than women, but what about when they're NOT?

I don't think it matters. If you're in a fight how does gender really matter? If a girl weaker than you was stupid enough to get into a fight with you it's their fault for fighting a losing battle. (however picking on someone weaker than you is just... well... being an *******) And if someone stronger than you (whether they are female or not) tries to fight you, shouldn't you have the right to fight back?

Mathis

Smash Rookie
either you completely radiate douchebag enough to make random girls pissed at you,

or you're playing in a sandbox during recess.
Nah, I was... what 15? She was my age, and I was walking down a dirt road with her brother. He got mad, so I beat his ***, too.

fullynick

Smash Apprentice
so MAYBE its ok to hit a girl in self defence

but Mathis you're just sounding like a douchebag for bragging about it

altairian

Smash Lord
I'm gonna go ahead and say that if you're trained in martial arts and a woman picks a fight with you, use your training to AVOID hurting her. I'm not saying don't touch her, but I'm sure you know ways to restrain someone that doesn't involve black eyes and broken bones :p

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
I wouldn't ever treat a female the same way as I would a male in terms of physical violence.

If you are physically fit, the strength difference is going to be huge between yourself and most women. If a woman attacked me, I would simply restrain her until she stopped. Then we'd talk about it or whatever, depending on the situation. If she had a knife, I'd probably run, but if she had a gun, I'd attack until it was removed from her hands.

I think that, unlike race, people of different genders really are different (I mean, duh), so it's not always going to be equal. So, in a fight, I wouldn't treat a woman "equally" and you can't assume that they actually want you to fight them in the first place. I really don't think I'd be able to if I tried anyways.

It's okay for a girl to hit a guy, but not visa versa. I understand why that is, and I'll take it with a grain of salt.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
This is the wrong place to debate this subject, since most of the posters here are too young, immature, inexperienced, etc. to have an informed opinion about this.

My quick opinion is that women should not be expected to attack men without consequence. Keep your hands to yourself.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I would never hit a woman unless my life or well-being was in danger. There is no need for physical violence with the exception of self-defense.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
Learn how to grapple, and learn how to submit. That's the only way around it. When a situation becomes physical, you have the right to defend yourself, but not to the point of overkill. If someone punches you, and you respond by running them down in your car, the law may not protect you. If someone slaps you, and you shoot them, the law may also not protect you.

You are allowed to respond to an attack within reason. If you can safely remove yourself from a situation without allowing it to escalate further, do it. If a woman slaps you, the best thing for you to do is walk away. Your pride is gonna sting like a b*tch, but that's the best thing for you to do.

If you feel that she wants to bodily injure you in a major way (as in a possible threat to your life or health--think in terms of a hospital visit), then you may be justified in using force necessary to stop her.

However, if it's just your pride that's wounded--if you're just mad and you feel insulted or slighted--then it may not qualify as self-defense. A lot of people use self-defense to justify situations where the only harm done is to a person's ego.

The difference between the two is this: A self-defense situation is one that you can't walk away from.

All other situations are you and the other party trying to be tough-guys.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I would never hit a woman unless my life or well-being was in danger. There is no need for physical violence with the exception of self-defense.
I agree with that last part. Its not as if the OP was suggesting unwarranted cruelty or sadistic behavior after a fight is decided. Gender shouldn't be an issue.

Whether its a man, woman, child or invalid, you shouldn't really have to do more than disarm someone and make sure the proper authorities know who started the confrontation. Obviously if you are fighting a pro wrestler with an AK-47 and a machete, disarm isn't the same thing as stopping a 2 year old from kicking you in the shin. If you are real danger from anyone or anything, you need to defend yourself.

Its also not okay to use excessive force on a man who "has almost no chance of defeating you". Personally I've always been careful to avoid seriously injuring people who pick fights with me. Teach em a lesson, but don't kick em while they are down.

Anyway guys, I think the match up is closer to 60:40 than 75:25, but i think we need more input from the women. Its an uphill battle but its winnable. They might be soft and cuddly, but if you let your guard down you are gonna get your butt kicked BY A GIRL! Just get a decent lead and plank until the authorities arrive.;)

Mathis

Smash Rookie
Remember, you're talking morals, people. Human fiction. There's no divine law that says you can't hit a woman or kill a man. It's natural. It's just, when you do these things, other people don't like it.

so MAYBE its ok to hit a girl in self defence

but Mathis you're just sounding like a douchebag for bragging about it
Wasn't bragging. I just enjoyed it.

This is the wrong place to debate this subject, since most of the posters here are too young, immature, inexperienced, etc. to have an informed opinion about this.
:laugh:

There's no "informed opinion" on whether you can or should hurt someone, but there is one on how you should go about doing it.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
If someone attacks you, defend yourself and get out of there. Yes, I would punch a woman if she attacked me. I wouldn't do it to injure she I would just do it to make sure I can get away.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Anyway guys, I think the match up is closer to 60:40 than 75:25
Agreed, especially if they know the match-up.

When faced with a break wall, you don't try and force your way through, you go around, crawl under or climb over. You aim for the weak spots, not the strong.
A weaker person can easily dispatch a much stronger opponent by fighting smart or cheap, depending on how you look at it. Females as well as males can gouge the eyes, attack the throat and crotch etc. I swift kick to the balls will render all males pretty defeated.

I would not start a fight, unless extremely provoked, threatened and in self defence.

-Ran

Smash Master
Well in this particular match up ->

Vulnerable areas:

Equal:
Eyes
Mouth
Throat
Feet
Solar Plexus

Male Advantage:
Hair -> Females are far more likely to get their hair pulled than a male due to length
Neck -> A male stature wise is more apt to grab a woman by the neck, and maintain a hold.
Chest -> Women are typically shocked when they're hit in the breasts. It can also be very sensitive.
Stomach -> Really, depends on the time of the month. =V

Female Advantages
Groin -> A woman is going to swing for this instantly, while a male won't think to do it.
Skin -> They're more prone to biting and scratching.

As a man, as long as you space your jab and bait the approach, you really won't have to worry about the groin kick since you'll be leading with your hip.

This match up has the makings of a 75 to 25. Though the female has a smaller advantage in regards to vitals, the groin shot is an incredibly strong one. Unfortunately like Game and Watch's judgment, it isn't very reliable.

Ps: I can't believe I just did this. >>

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I don't hit women. I've had cases where girls would hit me and I'd do absolutely nothing about it, but I don't hit girls. Unless I'm at risk of SERIOUS injury, I wouldn't. I don't know why, I just don't. I think it's a subconscious thing I learned growing up.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
I wouldn't hit them. Only if they're some butch and are equally strong. If they're not it's just woman rage where they keep trying to hit you with a flat hand or something which still moderately hurts, I hold her in a lock :D

EDIT: I disagree with the matchup number. If it's an all out match between the strongest woman and strongest man (which is what mindgames are based upon) and mindgames aren't factored, the matchup is ridiculous. Easily 80:20 for The Man. The Woman just CAN NOT approach. She can only take the lead and camp till the cows come home. Space your dtilt and F-tilt. The Woman has no move the has more range than The Man's F-tilt. Also, The Man would be invulnerable in the groin, because the extreme use of steroids made the inner tighs grow big enough that they completely cover it.
Also, Falcon Punch beats The Pregnant Woman.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
that's pretty sick but I,ve beaten up a chick in middle school sounds wrong but I believe all are equal till I have a legit reason other wise. Plus she throw a s*** lot of basketball at my head and at that time I was really quite, shy, and small. But she got some people to jump me with her but I stole her coat when they were going to beat me up and I P***ed all over it. hehe I remember enjoying that so much

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I still love that and I wasn't INSANE at the time I,m always have been and will be crazy. At least I didn't falcon punch someone pregnant

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
You pissed on a coat? I love you.

But, no, I wouldn't typically hit a girl. It all really depends on the situation, but it's just how I grew up. You don't hit a girl, ya know.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
yeah I do feel there needs to be a more legit reason to hit a girl just how things work. But yeah I throw it in a toilet and P***ed allllll over it I think it was yellow or at least it was after. This thread needs more love :)

AvengingTheKnight

Smash Apprentice
that's pretty sick but I,ve beaten up a chick in middle school sounds wrong but I believe all are equal till I have a legit reason other wise. Plus she throw a s*** lot of basketball at my head and at that time I was really quite, shy, and small. But she got some people to jump me with her but I stole her coat when they were going to beat me up and I P***ed all over it. hehe I remember enjoying that so much
I LOVE YO!!!!

If A girl wanted to fight me I'd use snakes up tilt.

I'd just spam it.

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
I can't imagine wanting to, but there are some people, female or male, that need more than words in order to back off / shut up / etc.

Edit: Nevermind, only in defense of my life would I hit a woman. Changed my mind.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well really, you shouldn't be hitting anyone.

Still, it seems words alone nearly always fail. Violence should always be the absolute last resort, meaning that you shouldn't be hitting a woman or indeed a man, unless your life is in danger.

I only use that rule though because I'm not a particularly nice fighter, I'm extremely vicious my attacks, and only aim for places that could do serious lasting damage, so I'd rather not go to jail.

If I ever do the right thing, it's for the wrong reason, lol FML.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Y'know... A human is a human, whether it's female or male. If someone attacks me, I have every right / privelege / whatever you'd like to refer to it as to defend myself to stop it. Same thing for animals. And if lethality is obviously possible, lethal force is necessary.

Will I be the aggressor? There's about a 0.00000001% chance of that ever happening. Will I defend myself to the best of my ability? There's no reason for me not to.

On the less-elegant side of things, there's also the fact I don't care much for unknown people. Your pain is your problem. :p

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I'll never hit someone if it's a direct confrontation with just me, even if my life's on the line.

So in response to the OP, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom